Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NicoleSalas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2019, 09:08 PM
    Subdural Hematoma
    Hello... my Dad fell and has a sub-dermal hematoma. He was in the hospital for a week and was released after improving. Initially the hematoma was 10mm and upon his release it was 7mm. He has been home for about 5 days and he does not seem to be making improvements. We are noticing he is having vision problems- seeing things that are not there, his hearing seems to have gotten worse, and he is exhibiting short term memory issues, long term memories still seem to be in tacked. He has a headache, but it is not severe, he is not really eating because of nausea, and is not really sleeping well. Should we be overly concerned? Should we call the neurologist?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 16, 2019, 09:31 PM
    Yes, I think your doctor should be kept abreast of this situation and debelopments. I'm sure they made that plain when he was released, and you were probably given a followup appointment. Am I correct?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ear hematoma [ 4 Answers ]

My dog dad ear heamatoma . Done surgery. Now post op day 10. Stitches yet to be taken. But now he have got thick ears at drained site. :(. Seems the cartilage is thickened. No new hematoma. His ear is floppy.. Why is it due to... Will his ear become straight again..

Dog has hematoma on ear [ 2 Answers ]

My Dog Has A Hematoma On His Ear It Is Not Bleeding Or Anything Should I Just Leave It Go...

Dog ear hematoma [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We recently took our golden retriever, Sadie, to the vet with an ear hematoma. $400.00 later, we took her home with a drain in her ear and lots prescriptions. They removed the drain three weeks later, but of course with the ear hadn't healed where the drain had been and the ear filled up with...

Canine ear hematoma [ 1 Answers ]

My 11 year old chocolate Labrador developed an ear hematoma in her left ear. She previously had the same problem in her right ear and at that time we had it drained and stitched closed in what I can best describe as a quilted pattern with many stitches. This time we had it drained and immobilized...

View more questions Search