Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Co7519 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2019, 11:57 PM
    Looking to switching careers
    Hey guys! So this is my 1st Time on this website so I'm not very familiar. I really need some advice about a decision I need to make. So, I am a 32 yr old women who is also a correction officer on rikers island. I been working there for 6yrs now so I'm at top pay making about 94k a year. Will it be dumb of me to leave a job with such great pay? I'm willing to take a small pay cut but nothing under 60k. I dont know if I should stay or go? I'm willing to take a pay cut for a peace of mind. Altho god has blessed me to be in the safest facility on rikers & he has made it easy for me to even come this far but I hate the department & the way its ran. Also I hate the mandatory overtime & the anxiety it causes me. Please tell me what u think? What would you do? I'm just trying to weigh my options at this point. Thank you for your time🖤
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 16, 2019, 01:06 AM
    What did you have in mind? Few jobs start at top pay so where ever you go it's more like an entry level wage and work your way up. I wouldn't leave a good paying job until I had another with some promise, and had some saving to tide me over. How old are you and what kinds of skills and education do you have?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Switching careers [ 5 Answers ]

Hi All, I work in an IT company for past 6 years as a senior software engineer and I have related education.Recently my boss bought a Restaurant business and asking me to manage it by offering me a high pay rate than what he is paying me in his IT company.He is saying he has ideas of expanding...

Careers [ 2 Answers ]

What career can I do with a felony

How to get a Careers [ 2 Answers ]

How do you become a doctor and what cusses do you need

Other careers [ 1 Answers ]

Im currently working at a bank, but Im not a sales person and a lot of my goals deal with sales. I like working at the bank and helping peoples, I just don't like the sales part. What should I do?

Best Careers [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to find a new career. Is there a way for me to find the top careers. I don't want the top careers that require a lot of education. I was thinking of going to school for massage therepy or maybe being a manicurist. I know I would enjoy these things. I don't want to put all of my energy...

View more questions Search