Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2019, 05:04 PM
    Where are your thoughts?
    I was wondering, are your thoughts and discussions points controlled by media. Is the news being kept from you? are you aware that a tanker was attacked in the Gulf? are you aware a tradegy is occuring in northern Syria? are you obvlious and just want to focus on what various dills are doing in a small pocket of supposed civilisation just because it is close to you?

This is important and far reaching in its implications
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Oct 14, 2019, 07:09 PM
    Paraclete: Yes, I am aware of all of which you say here:

There is a lot of what the media puts out that IS CONTROLLED by forces that I don't know the origin of...I don't think its the U.S. Government because the media is decidedly against the current Administration by a great margin: The "sport" of the day/the style of today/the "in vogue" thing to be today is anti-Trump: its the fashion....so, if the government controlled the media, it certainly wouldn't be anti-Trump, it would be an apparatus of the government, which it clearly is not.

Yes, I know there is lot going on in Northern Syria: I don't expect it to go on very long now that Assad has stepped-in and sided with the Kurds: Turkey has nothing for the Syrians because Russia is Syria's ally.....Turkey won't press the issue for too much longer....UNLESS Assad chooses to ALLOW Turkey to slaughter the Kurds and eliminate/exterminate them so he doesn't have to do so. Truth is, we should have ALL gotten behind Assad when he was fighting ISIS to a standstill all by himself BEFORE Russian intervention: Assad showed and extreme amount of courage in standing ALONE fighting and entire blitzkrieg of foreign fighter and the Western cabal of U.S., French, Saudi, British, and other nations chipping in against him.....Anyone who can do that, who is willing to do that, for his country earns some respect or should.

Yes, know about the oil tanker: U.S. can tell the entire M.E. to shove their oil up their asses, the U.S. is energy independent now, the largest exporter of oil in the world! Too bad for Europe and others dependent upon Iranian oil: They are so dependent that they would deal with the devil to get their oil....would look the other way and permit Iran to develop nuclear weapons to get their oil......no don't have much sympathy for the Europeans outside of the ones who have stood up to Germany's 3rd attempt at European conquest called the E.U.....these countries would be Great Britain, Poland, Czech Republic, and Italy who have told Germany to go shove it where the sun don't shine.
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2019, 07:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Paraclete: Yes, I am aware of all of which you say here:

There is a lot of what the media puts out that IS CONTROLLED by forces that I don't know the origin of...I don't think its the U.S. Government because the media is decidedly against the current Administration by a great margin: The "sport" of the day/the style of today/the "in vogue" thing to be today is anti-Trump: its the fashion....so, if the government controlled the media, it certainly wouldn't be anti-Trump, it would be an apparatus of the government, which it clearly is not.

Yes, I know there is lot going on in Northern Syria: I don't expect it to go on very long now that Assad has stepped-in and sided with the Kurds: Turkey has nothing for the Syrians because Russia is Syria's ally.....Turkey won't press the issue for too much longer....UNLESS Assad chooses to ALLOW Turkey to slaughter the Kurds and eliminate/exterminate them so he doesn't have to do so. Truth is, we should have ALL gotten behind Assad when he was fighting ISIS to a standstill all by himself BEFORE Russian intervention: Assad showed and extreme amount of courage in standing ALONE fighting and entire blitzkrieg of foreign fighter and the Western cabal of U.S., French, Saudi, British, and other nations chipping in against him.....Anyone who can do that, who is willing to do that, for his country earns some respect or should.

Yes, know about the oil tanker: U.S. can tell the entire M.E. to shove their oil up their asses, the U.S. is energy independent now, the largest exporter of oil in the world! Too bad for Europe and others dependent upon Iranian oil: They are so dependent that they would deal with the devil to get their oil....would look the other way and permit Iran to develop nuclear weapons to get their oil......no don't have much sympathy for the Europeans outside of the ones who have stood up to Germany's 3rd attempt at European conquest called the E.U.....these countries would be Great Britain, Poland, Czech Republic, and Italy who have told Germany to go shove it where the sun don't shine.

You see the media bias is showing. Assad didn't oppose ISIS directly he had his hands full with US backed insurgents, even now he hasn't moved against them because he still has insurgents in Idlib to deal with as well as Turkey in his north west. Turkey is now forcing his hand to protect the Kurds as well as Syrian territory.

The media bias is showing as you say you don't need the rest of the world and particularly Iran, but you have to trade with them. We should be exploring who attacked the tanker. Yes, you are an important oil producer but where is that exported product going?

Oct 15, 2019, 02:02 AM
    Paraclete: One thing FOR SURE: The U.S. can tell the whole world to go to hell with their oil because we produce all WE need!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2019, 04:23 AM
    Paraclete: One thing FOR SURE: The U.S. can tell the whole world to go to hell with their oil because we produce all WE need!
    I wouldn't go that far, and I don't think it's quite that simple, but for those of us who well remember the 73 oil embargo, it is a wonderful blessing to be energy independent.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 15, 2019, 09:20 AM
    The U.S. Is Exporting Its Oil Everywhere. With American stockpiles at unprecedented levels, oil tankers laden with U.S. crude have docked in, or are heading to, countries including France, Germany, the Netherlands, Israel, China and Panama. Oil traders said other destinations are likely, just as supplies in Europe and the Mediterranean region are also increasing.
    The U.S. Is Exporting Its Oil Everywhere - Bloomberg

I'm sure they are looking at who attacked that tanker, and maybe they know but ain't telling.

Oct 15, 2019, 09:23 AM
    Poor Iran: Don't think they will get much sympathy.
    Expert

Oct 15, 2019, 09:35 AM
    Iran has Vlad, Assad, and a host of militias accross the globe. They don't need our sympathy. Soon they will have the Kurds too, AND the Ukraine.

Oct 15, 2019, 10:37 AM
    Where do the stinking Turks fall into this scheme?
    Expert

Oct 15, 2019, 11:48 AM
    They seem to be intent on securing towns and territories in Syria along their border supposedly for a buffer zone against Kurd(?). Well that's what was reported. They also intend to resettle Syrian refugees in that area, while the hold our 50 nukes in Turkey hostage. Who knows what that nut job dictator wants or the game he plays with our dufus.

Oct 15, 2019, 02:25 PM
    Talaniman: You know, Turkey never even got so much as a slap on the wrist for all the evils perpetrated by the Ottoman Empire, including the Armenian Genocide, the abuses to Arabs, and being on the wrong side in WWI....I am surprised any Arabs would cozy up to them. I also can't believe the Russians will just sit back and permit Turkey to run amuck in Syria since Russia and Syria are tight.
    Expert

Oct 15, 2019, 02:31 PM
    Vlad plays the long game, and as the US fails and falls back, Vlad advances. You do know that he is talking to the Saudis too don't you? If we cannot protect the Saudis, or the Kurds, Vlad can, at a price of course.

Vlad wins.

Oct 15, 2019, 02:36 PM
    Talaniman: This is a crazy thought BUT: Why can't the U.S. and Russia be allies? Wouldn't that shake up the world?
    Expert

Oct 15, 2019, 03:34 PM
    For one, Vlad is a bonafied criminal dictator bent on destroying the west and returning Russia to it's former glory. How do you make friends with that? Ronald Reagan said it best when he and Gorby started co operating in several areas: "Trust but VERIFY!".

Yeah be great if people could be allies and in some things they can be but not in everything it seems.
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2019, 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    For one, Vlad is a bonafied criminal dictator bent on destroying the west and returning Russia to it's former glory. How do you make friends with that? Ronald Reagan said it best when he and Gorby started co operating in several areas: "Trust but VERIFY!".

Yeah be great if people could be allies and in some things they can be but not in everything it seems.
    What we need is something to get us all on the same page, Xi saw it and offered the belt and road, a diversion maybe but he has got a lot of people on the same page. Vlad doesn't need confrontation with the US, surely his country has suffered enough of that, but Russia is an old civilisation, much older than the US, and a little respect could change much

Oct 15, 2019, 06:54 PM
    Paraclete: I believe a U.S.-Russian alliance, of some sort, could have a great stabilizing effect upon the entire world. Start it with trade!
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2019, 07:26 PM
    It would be like a cat having an alliance with a mouse.
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2019, 09:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    It would be like a cat having an alliance with a mouse.
    you should not think of yourself as a mouse or as a cat. The US has vast resources, so has Russia their greatest resource has proven to be the sacrifice of their people
    Expert

Oct 16, 2019, 01:13 AM
    Well the dufus and Moscow Mitch would love some of that oligarch money for themselves. If they would just lift those sanctions even if it was one oligarch at a time. Personally I would have a problem trusting a leader who would kill and imprison his political opponents, and invaded his neighbors with his armies.

The dufus
    does fit right in with the other psycho leaders in the world though. Just never thought we would have our own psychopath wanna be monarch.
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2019, 02:21 AM
    Just never thought we would have our own psychopath wanna be monarch.
    Yeah. If Trump turns out that way, then it would be two in a row.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Constant thoughts - my thoughts are never ending [ 18 Answers ]

Hello there - I'm trying to get some answers regarding my newest problem. I can't go to my pysch. About this because I've tried but every time I try to explain this to someone (counselor, pysch. parents.. ) they think I have an "issue". ADHD, anxiety, and the list goes on and on. I'm so sick of...

Thoughts? [ 2 Answers ]

You never know what might happen to you or what might happen next? You are suppose to try to help others but sometimes that can be the wrong thing? Or not giving them what they want. Do you know when to say NO?

Thoughts on BSL [ 2 Answers ]

I was just wondering what everyone thought about Breed Specific Legislation(designed to place restrictions on ownership of certain breeds of dogs).

Some Serious Thoughts [ 1 Answers ]

----- Original Message ----- From: Clough To: [email protected]; [email protected] ; [email protected]; [email protected] Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2007 5:14 PM Sharp! Subject: Some Serious Thoughts I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I...

View more questions Search