Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 17, 2019, 07:16 AM

I bet it has more to do with an aging population, retirements, or people staying home to care for kids, or family, and unemployment but that's speculation without accompanying data. It is ticking up, but the high range is 67 and the low is 62.5, which is not that wide, 5 points or so over a decade.

I could see a factors more with more data.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2019, 07:38 AM
    How did you do that???

At any rate, the point is that part of Obama's reduction in unemployment was the decision by several million people to just drop out of the work force. Nevertheless, I do give him credit for cutting the unemployment rate basically in half, just as I give Trump credit for the historic lows we now have for unemployment as well as rising wages and individual incomes. Agreed???
    Expert

Oct 17, 2019, 08:14 AM
    I honestly could agree if the dufus was a lot more humble, and didn't try to hog ALL the credit while berating his predessesor.s He's NOT so he lies! I have been quite lavish in giving him credit for being a big fat liar! Not what you wanted to hear? Take it up with HIM, not me. I don't deal with lying bullies that way.

You know that!

Copy and pasting by right clicking is part of my program in windows touch screen. You must have an entirely different system. Did you try highlighting it first?
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Oct 17, 2019, 08:20 AM
    Obama had 8 YEARS to drop UNEMPLOYMENT to 4.7%.

As you know, the lower the values, the more difficult it is to reduce the values....the lower residuals are always the toughest to effect.
    Expert

Oct 17, 2019, 08:34 AM
    That is absolutely true, but not an excuse for the dufus to lie and deceive by saying he did it all by himself. That's disgusting.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2019, 12:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Total nonsense. According to one article, Trump has claimed 204 times that this economy is the best in history. The article said that was a "false claim", but the unemployment rate is, indeed, historically low
    Total nonsense yourself. The unemployment rate is NOT the economy - it is PART of the economy. ECON 101.

So it's an exaggeration that all pols make.
    Ah, I see. Trump's thousands of documented lies are now exaggerations. Cute, real cute.

Now has he intentionally lied concerning the deaths of 4 Americans in order to ensure his reelection? No. Did Obama? Yes.
    Wanna talk about the dead children at the Mexican border? Or how about the bone-headed withdrawal from Syria? Even his Repubs are criticizing him for that one. And no, Obama did not lie about it.

If you are arguing that Trump tends to be careless with facts
    No, I'm not arguing that at all. I'm arguing Trump is a pathological liar! Read my lips.

but if you're going to continue with the "Saint Obama" narrative, you'll have to find some other kool aid drinking liberal to agree with you on that one.
    I have never considered Obama a Saint. Who's drinking the kool-aid now?
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2019, 12:44 PM
    Total nonsense yourself. The unemployment rate is NOT the economy - it is PART of the economy. ECON 101.
    If you would pay attention a little better, you would have noted that my response did not concern the economy. It concerned the silly claim about thousands of lies and how they went about getting that number .

Ah, I see. Trump's thousands of documented lies are now exaggerations. Cute, real cute.
    Once again, you are not paying attention. Many of those so called "documented lies" were differences of opinion such as the one concerning the unemployment rate.

Wanna talk about the dead children at the Mexican border? Or how about the bone-headed withdrawal from Syria? Even his Repubs are criticizing him for that one. And no, Obama did not lie about it.
    The dead children at the border were sick when they arrived. The withdrawal was indeed bone-headed. Did Obama lie about Benghazi? You are nuts if you think he didn't. Susan Rice's statements on the five Sunday morning news shows were flatly, completely, totally untrue.

I have never considered Obama a Saint. Who's drinking the kool-aid now?
    You would chop off your hand before you would criticize Obama. I don't think you've ever done it. You even won't admit he lied like a dog about Benghazi. But here's your big chance. Give us a candid assessment of Obama's mistakes.
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2019, 01:56 PM
    If you would pay attention a little better, you would have noted that my response did not concern the economy.
    Of course, it concerned the economy. Go back and read it.

It concerned the silly claim about thousands of lies and how they went about getting that number
    Nothing silly about it. The (now) 13,500+ are verified from Trump's twitters, Trump's video appearances at the WH driveway, and Trump's rallies. Trump is the source for his lies.

Many of those so called "documented lies" were differences of opinion such as the one concerning the unemployment rate.
    Your "difference of opinion" is a lie in the real world.

Did Obama lie about Benghazi? You are nuts if you think he didn't.
    No, he didn't lie. You are nuts if you depend on FOX for your information.

Susan Rice's statements on the five Sunday morning news shows were flatly, completely, totally untrue.
    As has been explained again and again and most recently by Susan Rice, the information she gave was the best intelligence she had at the moment. I'd hardly call it a lie.

You would chop off your hand before you would criticize Obama. I don't think you've ever done it. You even won't admit he lied like a dog about Benghazi.
    The only one lying like a dog here is yourself. The facts about Benghazi are all over the internet. Why do you keep repeating right-wing falsehoods from FOX?

But here's your big chance. Give us a candid assessment of Obama's mistakes.
    Why is this my "big chance"? Why would I give you a "candid assessment of Obama's mistakes"?
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2019, 03:32 PM
    As has been explained again and again and most recently by Susan Rice, the information she gave was the best intelligence she had at the moment. I'd hardly call it a lie.
    Except that Obama referred to it as an act of terror in remarks made in the Rose Garden the next day. He claimed that was the case in one of the debates. So which one was it? So Rice said she did not lie? Oh well. That settles it then. After all, she worked for Obama, so no doubt she would never attempt to conceal the truth. Yeah. Right.

The only one lying like a dog here is yourself. The facts about Benghazi are all over the internet. Why do you keep repeating right-wing falsehoods from FOX?
    I've never mentioned Fox, but you're right. It's all over the internet. https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-clinton-lies/

Why is this my "big chance"? Why would I give you a "candid assessment of Obama's mistakes"?
    Thank you so much for verifying my earlier statement. "You would chop off your hand before you would criticize Obama. I don't think you've ever done it. You even won't admit he lied like a dog about Benghazi."

Maybe you would do it to demonstrate that you actually have some concern for the truth.
    Expert

Oct 18, 2019, 02:14 AM
    Oh come on you aren't concerned with the truth, just covering up the shame of giving us the lying cheating dufus who is also an incompetent criminal. I certainly can understand under those circumstances why you would rather talk about Obama, and anything else that changes the focus from the truth of now.

LOL, what a lousy strategy though, taking incidents litigated already to hide behind and not have to face the constant acceptance of the steady stream of lies and incompetence coming from this WH every freakin' day and some are real whoppers to be sure. I don't blame you for desperately trying to change the subject to our guy, instead of your guy because the truth of the dufus is too much for even YOU.

The saddest part is now you must blast everybody on the dem side so you can justify holding your nose and voting for him again. Now you tell the truth, did you really hold your nose the first time? Are you still holding it? Will you keep holding it and keep the dufus around for more lies and deceit, and incompetence?

Hmm. Maybe your living your worst nightmare and the dems boot the dufus and his dummy, and let Nancy finish his term. See I understand you better than you understand yourself. I hope you understand that dems won't save you from that either.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Oct 18, 2019, 03:31 AM
    We're getting way ahead of ourselves here: Clinton got IMPEACHED and he stayed in office because he is a man with no scruples nor morals (unlike Nixon who was just threatened with Impeachment and decided to leave because he knew the process was not good for the country)…...and I have heard most on this site say time and time again that Trump is a man with no scruples and no morals....you know what that means: Trump will stay in office EVEN IF HE IS IMPEACHED.....because he won't leave and the Demos don't have the votes.
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2019, 04:30 AM
    Oh come on you aren't concerned with the truth, just covering up the shame of giving us the lying cheating dufus who is also an incompetent criminal. I certainly can understand under those circumstances why you would rather talk about Obama, and anything else that changes the focus from the truth of now.
    The truth is, Trump is no worse than Obama in that regard. As I've said a million times, I have no big problem with your criticisms of Trump. It's your committed worship of Obama that I object to. If you ever watch the movie "13 Hours", you'll have a different attitude.

The saddest part is now you must blast everybody on the dem side so you can justify holding your nose and voting for him again. Now you tell the truth, did you really hold your nose the first time? Are you still holding it? Will you keep holding it and keep the dufus around for more lies and deceit, and incompetence?
    Every dem candidate is a whole hearted supporter of abortion, gay marriage, and playing race/class politics. If you want my vote, you need to find a John Kennedy.

Hmm. Maybe your living your worst nightmare and the dems boot the dufus and his dummy, and let Nancy finish his term.
    My gosh your incessant, non-thinking name calling gets old. It's such a poor reflection on your intelligence that you can't think of anything compelling to say so you just call names. I think you can do better than that. At any rate, no one is talking about getting rid of Pence. In fact, if you successfully impeach Trump, then I would be happy to have Pence as pres and could support him fully. Maybe, in fact, you are doing me a favor!!

What is really a threat in all of this is the obvious strategy of the dems to remove Trump by non-democratic processes. They know they likely cannot defeat him in an election, so they are, at this point at least, just cooking up any kind of charges they can come up with in an attempt to either remove him or soil his presidency enough to make his reelection that much more difficult. It has nothing to do with justice, and if they are successful, they will further divide an already dangerously divided nation.
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2019, 05:45 AM
    Except that Obama referred to it as an act of terror in remarks made in the Rose Garden the next day.
    So what. Are you saying it WASN'T an act of terror? Anyway, that doesn't mean he killed them.

So Rice said she did not lie? Oh well. That settles it then. After all, she worked for Obama, so no doubt she would never attempt to conceal the truth. Yeah. Right.
    Wow! Now there's a partisan comment. I thought you were into truth?

Thank you so much for verifying my earlier statement.
    Exactly how did I do that?

to demonstrate that you actually have some concern for the truth.
    I don't think you want to get into a debate about truth. You're unarmed.
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2019, 06:21 AM
    So what. Are you saying it WASN'T an act of terror? Anyway, that doesn't mean he killed them.
    You're trying a dodge. I'm saying he plainly engaged in lying when he sent Susan Rice out to contradict what he had said earlier. I never said he killed them.

Wow! Now there's a partisan comment. I thought you were into truth?
    I don't just blindly believe what Rice said anymore than I blindly believe what Trump says.

Exactly how did I do that?
    By your total refusal to objectively assess Obama's performance.

I don't think you want to get into a debate about truth. You're unarmed.
    A meaningless statement. Like I've said before, if you can't win the argument, then attack the person.
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2019, 07:17 AM
    You're trying a dodge. I'm saying he plainly engaged in lying when he sent Susan Rice out to contradict what he had said earlier. I never said he killed them.
    I still say, SO WHAT. Is that your response to Trump's many lies? I thought you did say that about Obama killing them - or something like that. Didn't you say he was responsible for the killing? Maybe I'm wrong.

That still doesn't answer my question. Are you trying a dodge?

Like I've said before, if you can't win the argument, then attack the person.
    You mean like you do?
    Expert

Oct 18, 2019, 07:23 AM
    GEEZ JL, you've ranted and raved but have won no arguments either. Should we take a vote on that?
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2019, 07:31 AM
    I still say, SO WHAT. Is that your response to Trump's many lies? I thought you did say that about Obama killing them - or something like that. Didn't you say he was responsible for the killing? Maybe I'm wrong.
    Well, I'm glad you have finally acknowledged that Obama lied about Benghazi. What is my response? I despise lying no matter if it is Trump or Obama doing it. I don't think Obama or Clinton were directly responsible for the deaths of the four Americans, but it is absolutely true that the ambassador's many pleas for help were ignored and that not a finger was raised to help them during the attack itself, all of which was deplorable.

That still doesn't answer my question. Are you trying a dodge?
    I said you would cut your hand off before you would be critical of Obama. You then absolutely passed on an opportunity to give an objective assessment of his eight years. Case closed.

Like I've said before, if you can't win the argument, then attack the person.
    You mean like you do?
    So you would agree it is not a good strategy?
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2019, 07:43 AM
    Well, I'm glad you have finally acknowledged that Obama lied about Benghazi.
    I never denied it. You have me mixed up with someone else.

it is absolutely true that the ambassador's many pleas for help were ignored and that not a finger was raised to help them during the attack itself, all of which was deplorable.
    It is absolutely FALSE!! That's why I say for you to stop reading right-wing nonsense and get the facts. They're there if you look for them. This Benghazi business that you obsess over is a clear indication that your arguments on other issues are not to be trusted.

I said you would cut your hand off before you would be critical of Obama. You then absolutely passed on an opportunity to give an objective assessment of his eight years. Case closed.
    Case open. For the third time, why should I answer your question about my take on Obama? You still haven't answered that. What are you afraid of? Do you understand that you are not the final authority here who gets all his questions answered simply because you ask them? Even without my answer, you have decided to judge my non-answer. We all learn a little more about you every day.
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2019, 07:55 AM
    It is absolutely FALSE!!
    Oh? Then tell us what assistance was rendered.

Case open. For the third time, why should I answer your question about my take on Obama?
    I don't care if you answer it or not. Good grief. You make such a major case about such a minor affair. Keep worshiping him if you want to. My point for months has been that you three liberal amigos love to bash and criticize Trump, but you will not apply the same standards to your liberal heroes. And then you want to sometimes act morally superior to others because you are so willing to jump on Trump. Well, if it's good for the goose, then it's good for the gander. I'm no fan of Trump, but I'll take him over HC any day of the week.
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2019, 08:17 AM
    Oh? Then tell us what assistance was rendered.
    It's all there waiting for you. Start with wikipedia.

I don't care if you answer it or not.
    Obviously, you do.

Keep worshiping him if you want to.
    There you go again.

My point for months has been that you three liberal amigos love to bash and criticize Trump, but you will not apply the same standards to your liberal heroes.
    You have no valid point. You have a rant and a rave. That's it. In point of fact, I have few heroes, liberal or otherwise. Although, Elijah Cummings was a hero - a great man.

Better to be one of Three Amigos, then you being one of Three Stooges.

I'm no fan of Trump, but I'll take him over HC any day of the week.
    Then why do you obsess over Obama and HC and Benghazi and rarely say a word about Trump.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Constant thoughts - my thoughts are never ending [ 18 Answers ]

Hello there - I'm trying to get some answers regarding my newest problem. I can't go to my pysch. About this because I've tried but every time I try to explain this to someone (counselor, pysch. parents.. ) they think I have an "issue". ADHD, anxiety, and the list goes on and on. I'm so sick of...

Thoughts? [ 2 Answers ]

You never know what might happen to you or what might happen next? You are suppose to try to help others but sometimes that can be the wrong thing? Or not giving them what they want. Do you know when to say NO?

Thoughts on BSL [ 2 Answers ]

I was just wondering what everyone thought about Breed Specific Legislation(designed to place restrictions on ownership of certain breeds of dogs).

Some Serious Thoughts [ 1 Answers ]

----- Original Message ----- From: Clough To: [email protected]; [email protected] ; [email protected]; [email protected] Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2007 5:14 PM Sharp! Subject: Some Serious Thoughts I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I...

View more questions Search