Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 16, 2019, 02:52 AM
    He came in that way, with his shadow government flunkies and elected sycophants, and acting cabinet members. I choose to ignore your comparisons to Obama as just more ideological hate speech with no roots in logic. It allows you after all to ignore and dismiss facts of reality NOW. The dufus is despicable, but he feeds your fears with stupid promises he cannot keep, and stokes your hate. You love it, and I feel for you, choosing chaos and more debt. I understand why you choose hate and fear and chaos though, because the world is changing rapidly, and you struggle to keep up.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2019, 04:58 AM
    I choose to ignore your comparisons to Obama as just more ideological hate speech with no roots in logic.
    Translation: You choose to consciously ignore the obvious and then try to justify that by completely ridiculous statements such as, "but he feeds your fears with stupid promises he cannot keep, and stokes your hate," also known as a straw man argument.
    Expert

Oct 16, 2019, 07:39 AM
    Your condensation doesn't surprise me at all. Nor does your half baked translation.
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2019, 08:11 AM
    Your condensation doesn't surprise me at all.
    Of course it doesn't. You knew it was true without me having to tell you.
    Expert

Oct 16, 2019, 08:44 AM
    You and the dufus have no clue what you're talking about, but that doesn't seem to stop either of you from yammering on.
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2019, 08:48 AM
    You and the dufus have no clue what you're talking about,
    Says the man who chooses blissful ignorance of Benghazi, the VA scandal, the Lynch/BC scandal, and the many other failings of the Obama admin. Like I have said before, it is your total refusal to deal with the truth about BO and HC that makes your protests ring hollow for me.

I don't know why you continue to associate me with Trump. I applaud him where he deserves it and am critical when warranted. Can you say the same about your beloved HC and BO?
    Expert

Oct 16, 2019, 01:10 PM
    You weren't here when Obama ran things so you missed it. YOUR bad. Sorry ain't playing that silly game. You never answered what part of a lying, cheating, big mouth bully dufus wasn't the truth.
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2019, 01:48 PM
    You never answered what part of a lying, cheating, big mouth bully dufus wasn't the truth.
    I think that description is probably accurate, though I don't think he lies and cheats any more than your hero Mr. Obama did. He's just not nearly as slick about it.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2019, 05:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I don't think he (Trump) lies and cheats any more than your hero Mr. Obama did.

The truth is not one of your strong points.

4 Pinocchios.
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2019, 05:56 PM
    Yeah. Benghazi. VA scandal. Lynch/BC meeting. Doubling of the national debt. AP phone records scandal. IRS scandal. You can keep your doctor. You can keep your insurance. "I'll have more flexibility after the election."

And we've only talked about these things a dozen times, but believe what you want. Just don't ask me to drink the kool aid.
    Expert

Oct 16, 2019, 06:26 PM
    Now list the dufus lies, scandals and transgressions so we can compare the two fairly. Take your time.
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2019, 06:46 PM
    Hey! That's your job. Just make sure it's as accurate as mine. The only one I can think of right off hand is saying he would make his tax return public. I'm sure you'll think of more.
    Expert

Oct 16, 2019, 07:16 PM
    Glad to oblige.

http://www.andywightman.com/archives/858

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...trump-lie-list

https://www.dailywire.com/news/trump...s-hank-berrien

https://projects.thestar.com/donald-trump-fact-check/

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...-is-wrong.html

A lie is a false statement made intentionally. (Merriam-Webster: “Lie, verb: to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive.”) In some cases, it’s safe to say Trump is intentionally trying to deceive. In other cases, it’s far less clear that he’s being wrong intentionally — because, with Donald Trump, you regularly can’t rule out the possibility that he is confused or ignorant.
    If we journalists are going to present ourselves as arbiters of truth, we have to stick to what we know is true. And that means not calling something a lie when we don’t have a reasonable certainty that Trump’s intention is deception.
    You need more as this is a partial from 2016-17 ? Of course there is a lot more.
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2019, 07:26 PM
    Just list them like I did with Obama. I'm not going to go on one of your wild goose chases.

I did like this. "If we journalists are going to present ourselves as arbiters of truth, we have to stick to what we know is true. And that means not calling something a lie when we don’t have a reasonable certainty that Trump’s intention is deception."

I went to your first link only to find nonsense like this. "Trump has repeatedly claimed that he had a deal, a promise or reassurances that wind turbines would not be built within view of his golf resort

AsI stated five years, I would not have gone forward with wind turbines off our coastline and was repeatedly promised, as an incentive for us to proceed with my project, that wind turbines would not be destroying and distorting Aberdeen’s magnificent coastline. (2)

No evidence of such a deal has ever been produced and Scottish Ministers have consistently denied the existence of any deal. If Trump has the evidence, he should produce it. Otherwise, he should shut up."

In other words, the guy has no idea if Trump lied or not. Besides, we are talking about President Trump, not citizen Trump. I limited myself to Obama's presidency. Please do likewise.
    Expert

Oct 16, 2019, 07:41 PM
    You can filter it any way you want but fact is he lies a lot and as the link points out either intentionally or through ignorance or confusion. So everyday he is either deceptive, ignorant or confused? DUFUS!
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2019, 09:55 PM
    I limited myself to Obama's presidency. Please do likewise.

OK.

To oblige you, Trump has over 13,000 lies and misclaims since his presidency. They can easily be found by googling Trump's 13,000 lies - or words to that effect.

You'll probably find a way to not do that, but there it is for you and others like you.

I googled Obama's lies and found, using the same standard used for Trump's lies, that Obama had 18 lies in his eight years in office compared to Trump's 13,000+ lies in three years.
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2019, 04:19 AM
    Total nonsense. According to one article, Trump has claimed 204 times that this economy is the best in history. The article said that was a "false claim", but the unemployment rate is, indeed, historically low. So it's an exaggeration that all pols make. Now has he intentionally lied concerning the deaths of 4 Americans in order to ensure his reelection? No. Did Obama? Yes.

If you are arguing that Trump tends to be careless with facts, then you are exactly right. But if you are going to try and continue with the "Saint Obama" narrative, you'll have to find some other kool aid drinking liberal to agree with you on that one.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2019, 05:19 AM
    Tal, I recall asking for your thoughts no regurgation
    Expert

Oct 17, 2019, 06:00 AM
    Total nonsense. According to one article, Trump has claimed 204 times that this economy is the best in history. The article said that was a "false claim", but the unemployment rate is, indeed, historically low. So it's an exaggeration that all pols make. Now has he intentionally lied concerning the deaths of 4 Americans in order to ensure his reelection? No. Did Obama? Yes.

If you are arguing that Trump tends to be careless with facts, then you are exactly right. But if you are going to try and continue with the "Saint Obama" narrative, you'll have to find some other kool aid drinking liberal to agree with you on that one.
    FACTOIDS

Obama left the country with a 4.7 unemployment number and in 3 years the dufus has dropped it a point!

Obama still created more jobs than the dufus despite the recession.

I don't know whose Kool aid you drank, but how about some credit due for Mr. Obama and stop listening to just the dufus LIES, exaggerations, and falsehoods.

Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Tal, I recall asking for your thoughts no regurgation
    We start off on subject but we ramble on don't we.
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2019, 06:50 AM
    So what do you make of this? It's just a chart. Sorry for the link. I tried to copy and paste the image, but for some reason that does not work for me. No idea why that is.

https://unemploymentdata.com/wp-cont...-11-3-2017.png

but how about some credit due for Mr. Obama and stop listening to just the dufus LIES, exaggerations, and falsehoods.
    I have given him credit. I think it would be helpful if you would take your own advice and start giving Trump some credit rather than continuing to listen just to the lies, exaggerations, and falsehoods about the Obama years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Constant thoughts - my thoughts are never ending [ 18 Answers ]

Hello there - I'm trying to get some answers regarding my newest problem. I can't go to my pysch. About this because I've tried but every time I try to explain this to someone (counselor, pysch. parents.. ) they think I have an "issue". ADHD, anxiety, and the list goes on and on. I'm so sick of...

Thoughts? [ 2 Answers ]

You never know what might happen to you or what might happen next? You are suppose to try to help others but sometimes that can be the wrong thing? Or not giving them what they want. Do you know when to say NO?

Thoughts on BSL [ 2 Answers ]

I was just wondering what everyone thought about Breed Specific Legislation(designed to place restrictions on ownership of certain breeds of dogs).

Some Serious Thoughts [ 1 Answers ]

----- Original Message ----- From: Clough To: [email protected]; [email protected] ; [email protected]; [email protected] Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2007 5:14 PM Sharp! Subject: Some Serious Thoughts I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I...

View more questions Search