Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisa1102 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2019, 09:33 AM
    Hi how can i help this person in bad relationship
    First this is not about me.. It is about my cousin who lives in another country. W are close and talk all the time. He final admitted to me that his wife is not very nice to him. She has hit him several times and took a knife out once and tried to attack him. She is also always saying that if she went back in time she would not have married him. She has made him feel so bad and insecure,,, How can I help him he is such a nice guy and I know him.. He does not deserve this.. I want to tell him to leave her.. he has kids and is worried about leaving the kids.. She never attacked him in front of the kids and he said she treats the kids ok. What advice should I tell him help
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 11, 2019, 10:24 AM
    Divorce the beetch and pay child support and be a good father by making sure he gets good visitations. For YOU now, be a good listener until he has had enough abuse to do something about it, and only offer advice if he ask for it. Agree he is being abused. This will give him some comfort. You may want to save him from his own actions but you cannot, just love and support him until he can do better for himself.

You could suggest couples counseling, because seldom is one party in a marriage completely at fault. Her side is unknown to you, and could shock you. You are biased because he is your cousin whom you love, and may be only telling you his side the way he sees it but violence is a big red flag that someone needs to LEAVE, and hopefully get help.

Maybe they both need help, which is likely.
    lisa1102 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2019, 10:30 AM
    Hi thank you for your answer no I for sure know he is not at fault and it is to long to explain.. Also one thing I forgot that he told me she went to the gym one time and he thinks she cheated on him.. How does he think she cheated on him..There are guys at the gym that look at him different every since she went to the gym..and a couple of other things..
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 11, 2019, 10:39 AM
    None of this is evidence of cheating mind you, but more of a suspicious mind in light of the state of the marriage. The abuse is quite enough to leave, since he doesn't have the courage to call a cop, and start a paper trail as maybe she is just a violent loon that doesn't know she needs help. I cannot judge that part, but it is HE that must take some actions to deal with this situation between him and his wife.
    mary1001 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2019, 10:02 AM
    Thank you!! You give good advise and will follow it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does a relationship with a person I support differ to relationship with a friend? [ 2 Answers ]

How does my relationship with the person I support differ to relationship with a friend?

Is it possible to have a relationship with another person from another state? [ 4 Answers ]

Ok I've met a guy on of course FB he's extremely handsome and really sweet. We been talking for about a week or so but I'm starting to really like him. He's suppose to come down to Texas in August or so to see me. He's in Atlanta, Georgia I really do like him, and I'm sure he does like me too, but...

What would my relationship to this person be? [ 2 Answers ]

What would my Grandmother's Brother's Great Grandson be to me?

In a relationship, both in love with the same person [ 5 Answers ]

A year ago, my gay partner of 30 years fell in love with someone else. After the initial shock of finding this out, I met the new guy and fell head-over-heels in love with him. SO, now the 'other' man says he's wants to be naked with ME, but not my partner who's quite a bit older than either of us....

Valuing a relationship more than the other person? [ 3 Answers ]

When a person values the relationship more than the other person, do you think this can change over time? Or how can you make it more reciprocal? Or can you?

View more questions Search