Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2019, 06:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    The dufus has strayed from the path of a humane process and moved markedly to the cruelest way possible on the southern border and the court has said his emergency money grab for wall money was unconstitutional, but the kicker is seeking asylum is legal under the law. No where does seperating families and caging kids become neccessary, but was done as a deterent.

My gosh man, can we not have a HUMANE process in accordance of our laws without the evil antics? If that's asking to much then the guy in charge ain't worth a crap! Look around the world and through history and there is always an exodus from unsafe conditions and I really don't know what you mean by assimilation, or will never assimilate when the opposite is probably true.

Working hard and living in peace is enough assimilation for me, but how about you?
    Tal the humane process is to help to develop these countries so the people stay at home, you sent your manufacturing to China when you could have sent it to central and south america, so what have you reaped, a powerful enemy and more refugees than you can handle. Very poor thinking there, I wonder whose policies they were
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Oct 15, 2019, 06:49 PM
    Talaniman: Assimilation to me is adopting the English language and using it in your daily life (you can use whatever you wish at home, that's not what I am talking about), learning about the history of these United States......holding no other than the U.S. as their home...its about eternalizing the United States.....you are free to keep you cultures, your religion, whatever but the expectation that you will come to the U.S. and IMPOSE your culture, your religion, your "whatever" upon U.S. citizens, and that U.S. citizens should accept all of your demands is just not acceptable, at all: Immigrants should remember: You need us.....we don't need you.....you are here only because we chose to let you into this nation......It is this concept that has been lost.....and its not too much to ask.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2019, 07:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Talaniman: Assimilation to me is adopting the English language and using it in your daily life (you can use whatever you wish at home, that's not what I am talking about), learning about the history of these United States......holding no other than the U.S. as their home...its about eternalizing the United States.....you are free to keep you cultures, your religion, whatever but the expectation that you will come to the U.S. and IMPOSE your culture, your religion, your "whatever" upon U.S. citizens, and that U.S. citizens should accept all of your demands is just not acceptable, at all:
    And you can speak your native language in public here. No problem.
    Immigrants should remember: You need us.....we don't need you.....you are here only because we chose to let you into this nation......It is this concept that has been lost.....and its not too much to ask.
    Who's gonna harvest your crops? pick the fruit in the orchards? roof your houses after building them? We WELCOME them. And they work for peanuts.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2019, 07:25 PM
    Who's gonna harvest your crops? pick the fruit in the orchards? roof your houses after building them? We WELCOME them. And they work for peanuts.
    And all this time we thought you had a virtuous heart and wanted to help those poor people. "They work for peanuts." Sounds like you're more of a capitalist than we thought!! (For the comically impaired, that is said less than seriously.)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2019, 07:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    And all this time we thought you had a virtuous heart and wanted to help those poor people. "They work for peanuts." Sounds like you're more of a capitalist than we thought!! (For the comically impaired, that is said less than seriously.)
    I didn't say what I would pay them. I certainly wouldn't stiff them like tRump does. In fact, an immigrant from Mexico City drives me to my hematology appointments. I chat amiably with him and tip him generously. Soon our house roof will be a tear-off and reroofed. I may adopt the Mexican workers.

I shudda said, "And they are WILLING to work for peanuts."
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2019, 09:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    And you can speak your native language in public here. No problem.

I have a response to this post; get a life!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 16, 2019, 12:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Talaniman: Assimilation to me is adopting the English language and using it in your daily life (you can use whatever you wish at home, that's not what I am talking about), learning about the history of these United States......holding no other than the U.S. as their home...its about eternalizing the United States.....you are free to keep you cultures, your religion, whatever but the expectation that you will come to the U.S. and IMPOSE your culture, your religion, your "whatever" upon U.S. citizens, and that U.S. citizens should accept all of your demands is just not acceptable, at all: Immigrants should remember: You need us.....we don't need you.....you are here only because we chose to let you into this nation......It is this concept that has been lost.....and its not too much to ask.
    I don't see where they are not doing all you say and more, but I find it hilarious when one who came from immigrants makes those demands on other immigrants. What is this big demand of which you speak they make on us. Haven't you noticed that all immigrants assimilate quite well by the 2nd and third generations? They seem to be doing what we have all done and that's make a productive life.

What are you even talking about when you say they IMPOSE themselves on Americans? I don't get it Vac, though I have heard that sentiment before.
    Expert

Oct 16, 2019, 12:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Tal the humane process is to help to develop these countries so the people stay at home, you sent your manufacturing to China when you could have sent it to central and south america, so what have you reaped, a powerful enemy and more refugees than you can handle. Very poor thinking there, I wonder whose policies they were
    Nothing was sent Clete, Big Biz runs to China and other countries not just for cheap labor but tax breaks and to harvest the vast consumer markets. China and the rest of the world want their cut and just refuse to roll over and let rich Americans make them subservient to them. Lets be clear though there is a big reason Central and South America are not attractive for big biz though and that's the instability of the drug trade and the weak and often corrupt central governments. We are talking a massive investment is needed to just put the infrastructure together to build these economies and the same dynamic is present in many parts of the world. The biggest democracy so far has trouble getting the lights on and feeding it's own people so what do you expect from places that have none of that going, and are constantly running from one threat or another?

The world is a mess and humane processes are just to burdensome on scared people who want walls for protection. Let's face it, it's easier to just lock your doors and ignore the far away chaos I found it amusing in your other post you would rather have Vlad patrol a foreign border than your people.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Oct 16, 2019, 02:04 AM
    Talaniman: When I said "IMPOSE", I am referring to the creation of ethnic ghettos that are turned into "NO-GO ZONES" like those in France, Sweden, and other Europeans....once this happens in a country, the division of the country into "groups" is all but guaranteed UNLESS the native majority's fears are used by a leader with bad intend and that leader is able to use these fears to target the minority as the source of all the ills of the country.....Like what happened in Indonesia in 1964 when the head of the country targeted the Chinese minority.
    Expert

Oct 16, 2019, 02:30 AM
    I sort of thought that's what you meant with your references to Europe but I didn't want to assume. I think we here already have such a leader who freely and prolifically targets those refugees and demonizes their existance. It works for him to scare those citizens and rally his racist low informed base around him. No repub dares say anything against him in public. So i guess we already have our own versions of nativist fears, and prejudices being stoked to powerful effect.

Being in a constant state of fear is just no good for any country though, as it normalizes the irrational, and stifles any hope of collective cooperation for the whole of our society, and can we pay such a price to feed our fears instead of our better nature? Reject fear by dumping the dufus is a simple course of action, but I know...easier said than done as some just don't want to feed that better nature. A reality I acknowledge even as I hate it.

The struggle continues. It's always been a struggle I suppose.
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2019, 02:32 AM
    I didn't say what I would pay them. I certainly wouldn't stiff them like tRump does. In fact, an immigrant from Mexico City drives me to my hematology appointments. I chat amiably with him and tip him generously. Soon our house roof will be a tear-off and reroofed. I may adopt the Mexican workers.

I shudda said, "And they are WILLING to work for peanuts."
    OK. First of all, I was joking with you. Second, it is so strange how you so feel the need to boost yourself up and yet tear Trump down. Can you three liberal amigos have any sort of conversation without bashing Trump and then claiming to occupy the moral high ground? You didn't bother to mention the vigorous economy we have now that improves the lives of everyone including immigrants.

You voted for HC and thus supported one of the biggest proponents of abortion around. That precludes your occupation of the moral high ground.
    Expert

Oct 16, 2019, 03:06 AM
    I support choice, and that means education. At least I recognize the reality of flawed humans making choices with feelings and not facts. You would deny them that education and access to resources among the least of us because those who have resources and education really ignore you and laugh at your attempts at control.

Education brings better choices my friend and empowers rather than subjugates. You seem to need someone to lord over and the least of us fits your bill.
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2019, 04:44 AM
    I support choice, and that means education. At least I recognize the reality of flawed humans making choices with feelings and not facts. You would deny them that education and access to resources among the least of us because those who have resources and education really ignore you and laugh at your attempts at control.
    You support killing unborn children. I support protecting them. It's just that simple. Don't try and sugarcoat it.
    Expert

Oct 16, 2019, 08:04 AM
    If simplifying things helps you then no worries. It's your delusion not mine.
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2019, 08:09 AM
    If simplifying things helps you then no worries. It's your delusion not mine.
    Might be a delusion to you, but it's not to the hundreds of thousands of unborn children killed every year for which you have no feeling whatsoever. Just amazing. And yes, it is a very simple proposition just like slavery and the Holocaust were simply terrible. So you blast the Trump administration for, in your view, mistreating children on the border, and yet give yourself a free pass for supporting what amounts to murder.
    Expert

Oct 16, 2019, 08:26 AM
    I don't support abortion, nor do I condemn those that make that choice for themselves. So I have no need for your free pass, nor your delusion, and it is your delusion for sure. Yeah I blast the dufus for his cruelty, which is intentional, even if you do not. Now you tell me that JL protects kids after their born I would be impressed, since that's when they need it the most. Mom and baby. Dad's TOO!

Does your protection of the unborn include prenatal care?
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2019, 08:41 AM
    I don't support abortion, nor do I condemn those that make that choice for themselves.
    OK. I've changed my original post. I think it was too harsh. Let me try this approach. When you say you don't support abortion but refuse to not allow others to practice abortion, how is that any different from saying, "I don't support enslavement of Africans, but I wouldn't condemn those who make the choice to do so," or "I don't support child abuse, but I don't condemn those who make the choice to practice it." Aren't you basically saying, "I don't support the killing of unborn children, but as a good liberal, I will not oppose those who practice it?" And if not, then how is your position different?

I'll leave the paragraph on the bottom, but it's the one above that I'm really interested in. Can you explain to me how your position makes sense?

As to supporting children already born and here, I spent 34 years doing that very thing in education, and that included many children of immigrants, so I absolutely deny your critique. My wife and I have helped support young moms who need help. Guess who staffs, runs, and funds practically all Crisis Pregnancy Centers? If you said liberal democrats, you are completely wrong. Do you support one?

As for right now, if you want to propose something for you and me to do beyond voting for democrats who are in love with abortion, I'm all ears.
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2019, 09:03 AM
    But I will emphasize again. I greatly appreciate your willingness to be honest about your positions. You tend not to be evasive, and I really like that. I guess it all comes down to this. We just do not agree.
    Expert

Oct 16, 2019, 11:19 AM
    OK. I've changed my original post. I think it was too harsh. Let me try this approach. When you say you don't support abortion but refuse to not allow others to practice abortion, how is that any different from saying, "I don't support enslavement of Africans, but I wouldn't condemn those who make the choice to do so," or "I don't support child abuse, but I don't condemn those who make the choice to practice it." Aren't you basically saying, "I don't support the killing of unborn children, but as a good liberal, I will not oppose those who practice it?" And if not, then how is your position different?
    There is a HUGE difference between abortion and slavery, and child abuse. I just do not see them the same way at all. That's just over simplifying entirely separate issues. Abortion is personal, and a CHOICE, slavery is cultural and without a choice, and abuse is a contagious sickness. Few things are black and white, and there is much in between. I was very clear with my words on abortion and '
    I don't support abortion, nor do I condemn those that make that choice for themselves.' was my position. For one it's not my body, nor can I get pregnant. For another as I have stated it's not so much an issue with educated women with means. No one knows how they conduct their own family planning, and it is a private personal decision that a poor uneducated woman does not have. I've said it all before JL, more than once and I have little reason to change that position. Are you also against the morning after pill?

It's totally separate from slavery of another human, practiced in the world longer than it's been abolished, and nuanced from economic and social slavery, and abuse is in my mind a learned complex mental condition and the science of it says abusers are likely victims of abuse is the simple explanation. All are part of the human condition, but different parts, and my positions may not make sense to you, but make perfect sense to me. That's as best as I can explain it. Not saying I'm completely right, but the way I understand and deal with it, because I have no control over anyone. Nor do I want it.

Just like it makes perfect sense to blast the dufus for his words and antics because he lies cheats and steals for his own enrichment and that's his choice.

As to supporting children already born and here, I spent 34 years doing that very thing in education, and that included many children of immigrants, so I absolutely deny your critique. My wife and I have helped support young moms who need help. Guess who staffs, runs, and funds practically all Crisis Pregnancy Centers? If you said liberal democrats, you are completely wrong. Do you support one?

As for right now, if you want to propose something for you and me to do beyond voting for democrats who are in love with abortion, I'm all ears.
    Good for you, but does that mean you don't participate in those hollering mobs outside of PP clinics. Just asking and for the record I have never asked if clinic workers, doctors, or nurses were conservative or liberals just that they render aid and expertise. when needed. I've worked with many church programs and never cared about the religion, or who funded what for a lot of causes. I have many.

But I will emphasize again. I greatly appreciate your willingness to be honest about your positions. You tend not to be evasive, and I really like that. I guess it all comes down to this. We just do not agree.
    AGREED, but we can agree to disagree. It's not that big of a deal to me. We're more alike than different no matter how polarized our different positions may be.
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2019, 11:21 AM
    There is a HUGE difference between abortion and slavery, and child abuse. I just do not see them the same way at all. That's just over simplifying entirely separate issues. Abortion is personal, and a CHOICE, slavery is cultural and without a choice, and abuse is a contagious sickness.
    The baby killed in abortion has no choice. Why do you ignore it's inability to choose? How does a person in slavery exercise less choice than the baby killed in abortion?

I was very clear with my words on abortion and I don't support abortion, nor do I condemn those that make that choice for themselves.' was my position
    Why do you not support abortion?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lyrics "now the rain." " I was watching for the people"... "started to pray"... [ 1 Answers ]

This was a song that used to play on 'western music' in early 90's. It was sung by a male with a chorus... can someone help me please...

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

A twist on the famous "No Contact Method"? [ 8 Answers ]

First off, please let me say how helpful the posts regarding this topic have been. Not that I am a technophobe, but I never thought that I could find advice and solace from so many faceless, altruistic strangers. That being said, I have a particularly tricky situation I am facing. I am 27...

Biden to "excuse himself".Hillary to be named. [ 46 Answers ]

Has anyone else seen this rumor?": snopes.com: Joe Biden Stepping Down for Hillary Clinton

View more questions Search