Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2019, 05:57 PM
    JL, after all that you should realize by now that your tank is empty of facts but I do respect your feelings, right or wrong!
    That is really disappointing. I have challenged you before to point out any assertion I make that is incorrect. You are unable to do it. Words like your quote above are cheap. If you want to challenge my information then do it, but please avoid such empty platitudes as you posted above. It is very much beneath you. It does not surprise me coming from some others on this board, but I hope not to see it from you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 13, 2019, 07:37 PM
    You're not even half as dissapointed as I am my friend. I'm saddened by the weakness of your arguments lately in the face of growing evidence that the dufus must go.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2019, 08:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Still waiting on you to answer my question about Jesus's reference to an eternal, fiery hell in Matthew 25.
    In time, jl, in time.

I've been busy with other matters - more important matters. But your question is rising to the top of the pile. Be patient.
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2019, 08:14 PM
    I'm saddened by the weakness of your arguments lately in the face of growing evidence that the dufus must go.
    I will say it again and continue to say it until it sinks in. If you find any assertion of mine to be incorrect then correct it. You don't do that because you can't. You just keep making things up and making general statements such as, "the weakness of your arguments." Well, that's pathetic. You get ready to show me specifically where I'm wrong, then we can continue.
    Expert

Oct 13, 2019, 08:27 PM

paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2019, 09:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    In time, jl, in time.

I've been busy with other matters - more important matters. But your question is rising to the top of the pile. Be patient.
    Just so you are not waiting too long, by the way it takes one minute to look it up yourself

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2019, 05:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Just so you are not waiting too long, by the way it takes one minute to look it up yourself
    Read the question. Then take foot out of mouth.
    Expert

Oct 14, 2019, 06:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Does your scripture mean you and JL are going to hell because of your treatment of the least? Or it doesn't apply to migrants?
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2019, 07:19 AM
    Does your scripture mean you and JL are going to hell because of your treatment of the least? Or it doesn't apply to migrants?
    It does not refer to what the liberal crowd is able to force other people to do by force of law, and then go about crowing loudly about their "holier than thou" status. It refers to what you do personally. So you get very little credit for voting for corrupt pols who get their charitable itch scratched with other people's money, but a lot of credit for what you do with your own money and time.
    Expert

Oct 14, 2019, 08:37 AM
    Oh so it lets you off the hook for supporting pols that lie, cheat, and steal, and bully others. That's a neat deal.
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2019, 09:48 AM
    Oh so it lets you off the hook for supporting pols that lie, cheat, and steal, and bully others. That's a neat deal.
    If you dems ever run a candidate that does not do the above, then you can ask those kind of questions from a different perspective. You supported two people who are just perfectly happy with nearly a million abortions a year, but you want to whine and complain? That blood is on your hands.

And to be clear, it is the grace of God in Christ that "lets me off the hook". I have no confidence at all in the power of my good works to make me acceptable to Him. That is God's work, not mine.
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2019, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    It refers to what you do personally. So you get very little credit for voting for corrupt pols who get their charitable itch scratched with other people's money, but a lot of credit for what you do with your own money and time.
    It seems to me money is your focus, not the Beatitudes. They're secondary.
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2019, 11:47 AM
    It seems to me money is your focus, not the Beatitudes. They're secondary.
    Yes, it would seem that way to you. But you're wasting time that you could be using to answer the question.
    Expert

Oct 14, 2019, 01:02 PM
    Seems to me you are the whiner and complainer of other Christians who don't follow your own notion of Christianity, with very specific litnus tests.
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2019, 02:01 PM
    Seems to me you are the whiner and complainer of other Christians who don't follow your own notion of Christianity, with very specific litnus tests.
    My notion of Christianity matters little. I do try and make reference to the Bible, and,yes, the Bible does have some litmus tests. But I will not let you get by with this nonsense of trying to claim some moral high ground because you love to make other people support the poor.
    Expert

Oct 14, 2019, 02:12 PM
    I can't make anyone do anything you obviously have me mistaken. I've never tried to. Show me where I have.
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2019, 02:24 PM
    I can't make anyone do anything you obviously have me mistaken. I've never tried to. Show me where I have.
    Oh please. You've done it ever since I've seen your posts on this board. You complain about the treatment of people on the southern border and insist on the taxpayers having to spend more. You go on and on about the need to further tax the wealthy (who already pay 85% of income taxes) in order to support the welfare state. The one thing you don't seem to do is talk about what Tal ought to do to help the poor, or for what each one of us should do individually for that matter.
    Expert

Oct 14, 2019, 05:06 PM
    My volunteer work is personal, and if you had read MORE of my posts here you would know I am an active advocate of volunteering and it's probably the one area I have never blasted you for, and that should have told you something. All those positions you so disagree with that you site are just me advocating for the least of us, as a collective, but the laws and policies were here before you and I were, and having a social safety net for those in need is not a control thing as you say, but a recognition that there is much need.

Just as there are laws, policy and processes, to protect whistle blowers from retribution from the dastardly misdeeds of those with power who misuse and abuse that power, there are laws that advocate for helping the least o us. I don't see that as a bad thing, but if you do, then elect those that will stop welfare in your state. I have said this before my friend, but you don't seem to remember.

So the impeachment inquiry continues. You should be creeped out about the treatment on the southern border too, but like anything the dufus does you NEVER seek his repentance or acknowledge his cruelty, you justify it.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Oct 15, 2019, 02:34 PM
    Talaniman: You reference the Southern border: Those people have to know that it is illegal to try to break into the U.S., they must know that......I sympathize with their situations back in their homelands but there are LEGAL means to pursue these matters.....and we are a nation of laws. I just don't see how we can just let every person into the U.S. who wants to come in come. And believe me: It has nothing to do with race.....I could care less.....it has everything to do with looking forward and thinking about how we can sustain population growth and if the populations is fully assimilated: I don't want the U.S. to become another FRANCE with NO-GO ZONES and a large population that has been allowed to proselytize themselves with NO INTENTION OF EVER ASSIMILATING TO THE AMERICAN WAY OF LIFE.
    Expert

Oct 15, 2019, 03:44 PM
    The dufus has strayed from the path of a humane process and moved markedly to the cruelest way possible on the southern border and the court has said his emergency money grab for wall money was unconstitutional, but the kicker is seeking asylum is legal under the law. No where does seperating families and caging kids become neccessary, but was done as a deterent.

My gosh man, can we not have a HUMANE process in accordance of our laws without the evil antics? If that's asking to much then the guy in charge ain't worth a crap! Look around the world and through history and there is always an exodus from unsafe conditions and I really don't know what you mean by assimilation, or will never assimilate when the opposite is probably true.

Working hard and living in peace is enough assimilation for me, but how about you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lyrics "now the rain." " I was watching for the people"... "started to pray"... [ 1 Answers ]

This was a song that used to play on 'western music' in early 90's. It was sung by a male with a chorus... can someone help me please...

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

A twist on the famous "No Contact Method"? [ 8 Answers ]

First off, please let me say how helpful the posts regarding this topic have been. Not that I am a technophobe, but I never thought that I could find advice and solace from so many faceless, altruistic strangers. That being said, I have a particularly tricky situation I am facing. I am 27...

Biden to "excuse himself".Hillary to be named. [ 46 Answers ]

Has anyone else seen this rumor?": snopes.com: Joe Biden Stepping Down for Hillary Clinton

View more questions Search