Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 24, 2019, 03:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    *popping popcorn and adjusting reading glasses*
    You got the routine down pat. I prefer bags of white cheddar though because I'm LAZY.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Oct 24, 2019, 03:54 PM
    Talaniman: I didn't know you were a Texan! Well, I don't know if by birth or not,.....I have done a lot of work over the years in Orange, Texarkana, and Silsbee....have flown into DFW to drive up through Plano and go to Valliant, Okl., where I stayed in Idabel (what a sad town!). Love East Texas!
    Expert

Oct 24, 2019, 04:18 PM
    I have a parent born here so many peeps, I worked in the steel mills up north until I retired and came down here, but I have lived in MANY cities in the area including Plano, and in Irving right next to the DF...dub. All my summers as a kid were spent here, so where else would I go to escape those bitter winters and Lake effect snow?

Oct 24, 2019, 06:19 PM
    Talaniman: I get it: You have go with what feels right, where your spirit feels at ease.....I could never imagine living anywhere except S.C., Ga., or Fla., its in my soul....and have to be in reach of the salt water....that's in my veins!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2019, 06:46 PM
    I get over to Dallas every once in a blue moon. Went to Bible College there. I'm gonna drop by some day. If you ever pass through Meridian, MS, then I'll buy you coffee.

Oct 25, 2019, 05:22 AM
    jlisenbe: I did some work once about 25-30 years ago at a Roofing/Shingle plant in Meridian....I believe it was ATLAS? ATLAS ROOFING...can't really remember now? Anyway, I remember having to throw away all my clothes from there because I got the glass additive component into them and it irritated the hell out of my skin.
    Expert

Oct 25, 2019, 06:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    jlisenbe: I did some work once about 25-30 years ago at a Roofing/Shingle plant in Meridian....I believe it was ATLAS? ATLAS ROOFING...can't really remember now? Anyway, I remember having to throw away all my clothes from there because I got the glass additive component into them and it irritated the hell out of my skin.
    No safety equipment like a paper suit? Masks, filters, eye protection, gloves? I remember all the stuff we use to do before OSHA showed up.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 25, 2019, 06:54 AM
    I've driven through the Panhandle on our way to visit the fire ants on our vacant land west of Kingman. And have been friends for years with the now-retired Plainview public library director. And for 4.5 years have emailed/messaged daily with a young man who lives between Paris and Texarkana. Do these count?
    Expert

Oct 25, 2019, 07:11 AM
    I've driven through the Panhandle on our way to visit the fire ants on our vacant land west of Kingman. And have been friends for years with the now-retired Plainview public library director. And for 4.5 years have emailed/messaged daily with a young man who lives between Paris and Texarkana. Do these count?
    Sure they count. For what I'm not sure but Texas is so vast with so many small towns spread out all over the place you can't remember them all.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2019, 07:12 AM
    Fire ants - ha ha.

This is getting to be a daily morning kaffe-klatch. I can almost tell who gets up when and who had their morning coffee. (smile)

As for grumpy old me, I won't join until cheeseburgerhead is tarred and feathered and ridden out of town on a rail.

How long, O Lord, how long?
    Expert

Oct 25, 2019, 08:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Fire ants - ha ha.

This is getting to be a daily morning kaffe-klatch. I can almost tell who gets up when and who had their morning coffee. (smile)

As for grumpy old me, I won't join until cheeseburgerhead is tarred and feathered and ridden out of town on a rail.

How long, O Lord, how long?
    It's been a coffee clatch for a long time between conservatives and liberals. Well before the dufus became the subject of conversation and hopefully after he is gone, sooner rather than later. You may not be as early a riser Athos, but you're here enough to be a part to it, and I'm glad of that!

Can I call when I put the coffee on?

Amen on the how long prayer!
    Expert

Oct 25, 2019, 08:47 AM
    Breaking News!
    DOJ Russian investigation has turned into a criminal probe!

President Donald Trump has repeatedly called the Russia investigation conducted by special counsel Robert Mueller a "witch hunt."
    Republicans have suggested the investigation stemmed from a plot by members of the Obama Administration and career intelligence officials, in what they call the "Deep State," to undermine Trump

This should be a good distraction from the Impeachment Inquiry, Ukraine, and Syria crisis. They HOPE! Or is he still trying to get Vlad off the hook, and lift sanctions by sending his own law enforcement officers to JAIL, and blame Obama?

Or another campaign stunt? You just never can tell about this lying, cheating bullying dufus agenda or his motives.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lyrics "now the rain." " I was watching for the people"... "started to pray"... [ 1 Answers ]

This was a song that used to play on 'western music' in early 90's. It was sung by a male with a chorus... can someone help me please...

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

A twist on the famous "No Contact Method"? [ 8 Answers ]

First off, please let me say how helpful the posts regarding this topic have been. Not that I am a technophobe, but I never thought that I could find advice and solace from so many faceless, altruistic strangers. That being said, I have a particularly tricky situation I am facing. I am 27...

Biden to "excuse himself".Hillary to be named. [ 46 Answers ]

Has anyone else seen this rumor?": snopes.com: Joe Biden Stepping Down for Hillary Clinton

View more questions Search