Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 21, 2019, 08:22 PM
    That's a great point, but more an example of the incompetent, do nothing congress not doing their job as a co equal branch of government and ceding authority to the executive branch. I also think that a few thousand troops maintaining some sort of stability to an unstable region is a good thing and vastly different that the hundreds of thousand we had their before and certainly preferable to the chaos that looms now. I mean a better plan would have been better that an arbitrary thrown together withdrawal.

Our guys didn't even have time to pack up. There is a wrong way and a right way to do things I think, and the dufus does things the wrong way. What's up with guarding the oil any way? What makes sending troops anywhere by a president LEGAL, is the failure of the congress to say otherwise.
    Expert

Oct 22, 2019, 05:34 AM
    Iraq just said they won't allow the US troops to stay in their country coming from Syria, even though we have 5000 troops there as trainers already! Guess he should have called Bagdad first!
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Oct 22, 2019, 07:55 AM
    Well that settles it: Bring them all home......Oh, and SCREW YOU BAGHDAD, you ungrateful a$$ wipes.....now, go eat your sand!
    Expert

Oct 22, 2019, 08:04 AM
    Can you blame any reaction from out of the blue actions? Especially from a dufus threatening to take somebody elses oil who moves troops in without notice. Would you trust such an idiot?

Oct 26, 2019, 06:22 AM
    "Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it". Noam Chomsky
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 26, 2019, 06:53 AM
    Uh oh. Run run run as fast as you can, tRump!
    Russian President Vladimir Putin says US dominance is ending after mistakes 'typical of an empire'
    https://abcnews.go.com/International...ry?id=58611354
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2019, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Uh oh. Run run run as fast as you can, tRump!
    Russian President Vladimir Putin says US dominance is ending after mistakes 'typical of an empire'
    https://abcnews.go.com/International...ry?id=58611354
    Substitute Trump for Empire, and Putin is correct.

Oct 26, 2019, 11:47 AM
    Guys AND Girls: Why would you give credence to or believe ANYTHING Putin says?

I never considered the U.S. to be an EMPIRE: What countries did we invade and stay in for any length of time? Where have we expanded beyond our borders? EMPIRE is a word not befitting the U.S.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2019, 12:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    I never considered the U.S. to be an EMPIRE: What countries did we invade and stay in for any length of time? Where have we expanded beyond our borders? EMPIRE is a word not befitting the U.S.
    Please read my post. I dropped empire and replaced it with Trump.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 26, 2019, 12:25 PM

Texas used to be part of Mexico. Now Texas is ours. This country used to be populated by indigenous tribes. Now it's ours. How did we get it?

And Putin was the one who used the word "empire." Is he unhappy with his friend now?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2019, 02:01 PM

Are you blind or just not taught History. The american empire may have commenced with the invasion and annexation of territory from Mexico. There was the spanish-american war and the Philippines was added, you have various territories in the Pacific and a presence in countries you invaded. Like other empires you have released some of your possessions to independence

Oct 26, 2019, 09:18 PM
    W.G. & Paraclete: Hold on a second: The U.S. didn't do the attacking or the starting in any of the conflicts you mention here......Let me enlighten you:

1) First off: MEXICANS are an amalgamation of Native American and Spanish....there were NO MEXICANS in what is MEXICO when the Spanish Conquistadors arrived and started slaughtering the natives and breeding with the native women to form what is today called a MEXICAN.....there is no PURE STRAIN of people that are MEXICAN, they have varying percentages of Native/Indian and Spanish blood coursing through their veins. MEXICANS ARE CERTAINLY NOT A SPECIES OF PEOPLE BECAUSE THEIR MIXTURES ARE INCONSISTENT.

2) U.S. never ANNEXED ANY TERRITORY, AND THAT INCLUDES MEXICO. The truth is much different: Mexico decided to attack the U.S. and this action precipitated the Mexican-American War.....the U.S. won this war and our troops marched down to Mexico City and right into the Mexican Emperors palace and presented him a document that effective said if you agree to cede the territories of California, Texas, and a defined area in between, we can have peace: The Mexican Emperor signed the damned document: END OF STORY! The U.S. didn't steal a damn thing, it was all entirely earned IN AMERICAN BLOOD when we beat an aggressor's (MEXICO'S) backsides black and blue!

3) So you want to say that the "U.S. TOOK" the land we are living in from the Native Americans? Really? How do you know THEY WERE THE NATIVE AMERICANS? What makes them INDIGENEOUS? More likely than not, what we are calling "natives" and indigenous peoples actually came here some time before and EXTERMINATED the actual natives: Land Bridge from Asia ring a bell with you?

4) Any description of people COMING TO AMERICA and occupying parts of it was conducted WAY, WAY, WAY before there was ever a UNITED STATES OF AMERICA: Lets see....first the Spanish came.....then the English came......then the French came.....then the Russians came.....the U.S. came later on....and the United States, even back then, was a mixture of different peoples. All the United States did was "UNITE" all the scattered territories under one umbrella.

5) SPANISH-AMERICAN WAR: So the arrogant Spanish decided to start some crap up with the U.S. by blowing up the U.S.S. Battleship Maine in Guantanamo Bayand got their rear-ends busted but good! As a consequence of their profound miscalculation, they lost several of their territories: The U.S. has never "possessed" any of these....they were named protectorates.

Nobody is going to succeed in any argument trying to pigeon hole the U.S. into any box claiming that we are the grabbers of land....that just doesn't square with history: We had more than ample opportunities to do exactly that in years gone by, or even today, we could be doing that very thing.

The only reason ANY country has any freedom today or that there are as many countries existing in the world as it is and there isn't a few countries that have made the entire world a cooperative is because THE UNITED STATES EXISTS. We are not now nor have we ever been a nation that took other nations lands.

I don't know what is currently the state of affairs between Russia and the U.S.....What I do know is that the relationship we have now is as retarded as it could be: You could write any year into the relationship the U.S. has with Russia from 1946 to 2019 and it would be the same relationship WHAT IS BEWILDERING IS WHY IS IT THAT PEOPLE THINK IT DOESN'T NEED TO CHANGE? Like the man or not, when Trump came into office, he wanted to change the U.S.-Russian relationship but his opponents did everything they could to foul-up those plans so that we could maintain the same old retarted status quo relationship with them: WHAT IS THEIR MOTIVATION TO KEEP IT THE SAME?
    Expert

Oct 27, 2019, 08:06 AM
    Breaking News!
    Bagdaddy DEAD!

Good Riddance as another one bites the dust!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 27, 2019, 08:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    tRump says it's even BIGGER news than killing Obama killing Osama!!! ("Mine's bigger than yours, ha ha....")

V7 posted -- 3) So you want to say that the "U.S. TOOK" the land we are living in from the Native Americans? Really? How do you know THEY WERE THE NATIVE AMERICANS? What makes them INDIGENEOUS? More likely than not, what we are calling "natives" and indigenous peoples actually came here some time before and EXTERMINATED the actual natives: Land Bridge from Asia ring a bell with you?
    Doesn't matter what THEY did. We're talking about what WE did.
    Expert

Oct 27, 2019, 09:42 AM
    LOL, by that thinking JL, how do we know that the Euros were indigenous to their regions? Given the tribal nature of man and conflicts with other tribes, chances are the winners wrote the history, and made the rules of those they conquered including language, customs and traditions which made up the culture.
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2019, 02:20 PM
    The people of Europe are the result of successive invasions from the East, The people of the US followed the same path fulfilling their" "manifest destiny" as they like to think of it. The one difference is language, the people of the US are united by one language but they too will secombe to invaders
    Expert

Oct 27, 2019, 04:45 PM
    Are you crazy? Nobody's going to invade us.
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2019, 06:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Are you crazy? Nobody's going to invade us.
    No I'm not crazy, just a student of history. Your invasion has already begun, peoples of the south are moving north, migration is the real threat. A century from now, we will not recognise your country

Oct 27, 2019, 07:20 PM
    Paraclete: I could say that in a century from now, why would any of us care because we'll all be deader than a door nail.....but: The U.S. is going to "Stop" the "INVASION" as you call it: While most American have gone ballistic over the hard-edges of Trump on the "Border" subject and how he wants to address it, you can bet that Trump is just the start of the attention: There will be more Trumps to come in the U.S., that is inevitable: The next succession of Trump-like leaders will be even more hard-edged about the border situation.....the U.S. will prevail and retain the English language: We won't become a FRANCE.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 27, 2019, 08:23 PM
    There will be more Trumps to come in the U.S., that is inevitable: The next succession of Trump-like leaders will be even more hard-edged about the border situation.....the U.S. will prevail and retain the English language: We won't become a FRANCE.
    Oh, I pray you are wrong!!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

How to use allies in a sentence [ 1 Answers ]

My teacher is asking how to use allies, allied in a sentence, but I don't know how to use them in a sentences.

Kurdish etiquette between friends. [ 3 Answers ]

A long-time friend of mine has opened a successful pizza shop. He is Kurdish-Iraqi and when he first came to Canada ten years ago I was one of his first best friends. I have returned to my hometown after being gone a long time and am happy to see that he has succeeded. My problem is this:...

Kurdish Genocide [ 4 Answers ]

Can somebody explain to me the 8 stages of genocide as they pertain to the Kurdish genocide (ANFAL campaign)? I don't understand it at all. Or at least redirect me to a site which BLATANTLY has it? Thanks.

View more questions Search