Would like to know what is your opinion about four specific films:

1) PICNIC
    2) Stalag 17
    3) The Bridges At Toko-Ri
    4) Once Upon A Time In The West
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2019, 09:13 PM
    PICNIC - Couldn't stand it. Chick flick. Dragged there by my girlfriend. She didn't like it either. Overrated.

Stalag 17 - Good movie. Give it a 7-8 out of 10. Hard to make a bad prison movie (war or civil) since so much tension.

Toko-Ri - Is it a war movie or a soap opera? Mickey Rooney miscast. So-so movie. Great title.

One Upon A Time - Spaghetti westerns leave me yearning for authenticity. Leone found a formula and milked it to death. One thing Hollywood does better than anyone are Westerns. From The Great Train Robbery (1903) to Shane to Unforgiven - always terrific entertainment.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Oct 14, 2019, 07:18 PM
    Athos: Great reply....thank you, so much! Yes, I am a big fan of William Holden....guy was a fabulous actor! Drank himself to death. Any movie with Bill Holden in it, I tend to gravitate to liking, eventually. Once Upon A Time In The West was my favorite Western: Claudia Cardinale was so darned beautiful! Charles Bronson was outstanding.....but Henry Fonda as a BAD GUY, WOW! He nearly stole the show. Henry Fonda was truly a rare actor....but my favorite character in it was the one play by Jason Robards: He stole the show....Robards was a very underrated actor. You spoke of Sergio Leone but his childhood friend made the GLORIOUS music in all of his movies: Ennio Morricone: WHAT A COMPOSER OF BEAUTIFUL MUSIC!!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late night movies on Start Movies - 1995 [ 2 Answers ]

I don't remember the name but the story is A girl marrried to a rich old guy, not able to satisfy her Gets along with the hero , who works at a shop He robs a bank He loves a girl working with him Please let me know the name of this movie

Movies, great movies cause I'm bored [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone knows a movie similar to the devil wears prada?

Need some help / opinion [ 16 Answers ]

I've been swimming at the university pool since July and sort of known this boy. It took him a couple of weeks of saying 'hi' and chit chat to ask for my number and ask if I wanted to have lunch (that was August). Although we agreed to meet up (weeks later), he didn't show up... and had some...

View more questions Search