Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2019, 10:43 AM
    The Madness of Trump
    This is the madness Trump tweeted earlier today.

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!).

"...in my great and unmatched wisdom" - Tell us he's not insane! No, he's not joking. He's dead serious.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 7, 2019, 11:09 AM
    Maybe he said said it tongue in cheek....
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 7, 2019, 01:25 PM
    He does have a rather outlandish and outrageous hyperbolic way of speaking doesn't he. he's a dufus though and all the repubs are finally speaking up publicly against his dumb idea.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2019, 01:53 PM
    Trump, the glorious and magnificient emperor with no clothes
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2019, 03:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Maybe he said said it tongue in cheek....
    "...totally destroy and obliterate a country" from the president of the most powerful military nation on the planet is tongue-in-cheek? And to an ally, no less. I'm surprised at your comment. I thought you knew Trump.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 7, 2019, 03:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    "...totally destroy and obliterate a country" from the president of the most powerful military nation on the planet is tongue-in-cheek? And to an ally, no less. I'm surprised at your comment. I thought you knew Trump.
    No, no, no. The comment he threw in -- "I, in my great and unmatched wisdom" -- is the tongue-in-cheek part.
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2019, 04:11 PM
    Nothing tongue in cheek about it, totally delusional on any level. You don't think that Trump believes anything but that do you? he certainly doesn't believe he does not possess wisdom in great abundance or that he is not a superior intellect, far above the rest of us peons. he thinks he was born to rule

One week the great I am threatens Iran with destruction, now he threatens Turkey. Neither nation is really worth a damn, just islamic dictator states with the same illusions of greatness as Trump posssesses
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2019, 07:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    No, no, no. The comment he threw in -- "I, in my great and unmatched wisdom" -- is the tongue-in-cheek part.
    Because it is you, WG, whom I respect based on your past contributions to this page, I will reconsider my position. If I change my mind, I will publicly acknowledge same. In the meantime, I stand by what I wrote.

As far as Trumps self-description you quoted, it is my opinion he actually thinks of himself in those terms. Based on what I have read over the years re Trump, it is a definite aspect of his malignant narcissism.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Oct 7, 2019, 07:43 PM
    Paraclete: Russia would love to crush Turkey.....they are a thorn in Russia's side....but not just Russia, either, of most everyone.....and they are a nation that cannot be trusted. Can't reconcile why they have been able to get away with all the extermination attempts of various ethnicities over the years with no real punishments. How did the U.S. get in bed with them....I know it was "Cold War" related.....Some POTUS had to take a look at Turkey one day and have that feeling of utter contempt like you have when you lay down with someone and wake up beside her the next morning thinking "What did I do last night? I don't want to know!"
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2019, 09:50 PM
    Vac, Russia and Turkey have been bedfellows in regard to Syria, but Turkey would love to crush Syria and would do so without Russian presence. Russia and Turkey are traditional enemies, The Muslim v the Christian, etc and you should remember history, the Ottoman Turk were no friend of Russia, and Turkey longs for its lost empire. Turkey is a NATO member and so the US cannot idly toss them aside as they want the bulwark against Russian expansionism. The Kurds want a national homeland but kurdish lands exist in Turkey, Syria, Iraq and Iran none of which are willing to give up soveriengty. Personally I think they should be given it, they fought for it, but they are no longer led by Saladin
    Expert

Oct 8, 2019, 04:53 AM
    Irresponsible for the leader of the free world to tweet policy supposedly after another phone call to a foreign leader, and not tell anybody, not allies embedded with our own troops, not his diplomatic corps, not congress or advisors. So what new right? These brain farts happen all to often, and makes the case for him being a complete dufus.

Now of course he may have had the brillant idea that this latest antic will change the TV talking points and coverage as the righties pump up the excuse that his China are you listening comments were a joke, or the corruption meme to justify his Ukraine antics. Mere distractions or in his mind manipulation of the media.

LOL, he woke up a few repub lawmakers though, and even his most ardent sycophants' are against us leaving northern Syria. That's not a bad thing until his next brain fart. Do they get more outrageous than the last? Hard to tell but they all fall into the outrageous category and we can certainly expect another one, sooner rather than later as the impeachment noose tightens and people start lining up to kick the chair from beneath him.

I don't care what he says that's what he is really worried about, the rats jumping from his sinking ship and saving themselves instead of him.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2019, 05:42 AM
    The tweet was ridiculous on several levels. There is no excuse for it.
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2019, 05:54 AM
    Look Trump is a child with a toy
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2019, 09:39 AM
    "Republicans try a new excuse to defend Trump: It's just a joke." (CNN Analysis)

"When Republicans say our nation‘s laws are “just a joke,” they mean it.

They treat our country as a joke, our communities as a joke, and our future as a joke.

For the GOP, as long as the rich get richer, they are happy to play games with American lives." (AOC)
    Expert

Oct 8, 2019, 09:58 AM
    Just watching as Pompeo stopped the EU/dufus donor ambassador from testifying before the congress after agreeing until the wee hours THIS morning, as posted earlier, and they played a clip of Pompeo blasting HC in the Bengahzi matter during one of many hearings. What hypocrisy! Cannot imagine a government entity not being available to appear before their own government after running around doing stuff with foreign governments.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Oct 8, 2019, 10:07 AM
    Talaniman: As Teddy Roosevelt called it: The POTUS uses "The Bully Pulpit"......they are all supposed to be a three-legged chair.....but its obvious the Executive leg is longer and stronger.
    Expert

Oct 8, 2019, 10:18 AM
    More like louder and more brazen. I expect this congress, the House any way, to rise to the challenge and kick orange butt! They gave notice of charging obstruction, they darn well better follow through.
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2019, 03:02 PM
    they played a clip of Pompeo blasting HC in the Bengahzi matter during one of many hearings.
    At least someone stood up for the four dead Americans. We have certainly seen that the three amigos on this board won't do it.
    Expert

Oct 8, 2019, 03:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    At least someone stood up for the four dead Americans. We have certainly seen that the three amigos on this board won't do it.
    We didn't blame the original dufus BUSH II when 3000 died on our soil from a terrorist attack, we rallied together. Of course SOME repubs have no intention of giving dems the same courtesy. That's the shame of your narrative JL, and exactly why I reject it.
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2019, 04:00 PM
    We didn't blame the original dufus BUSH II when 3000 died on our soil from a terrorist attack, we rallied together. Of course SOME repubs have no intention of giving dems the same courtesy. That's the shame of your narrative JL, and exactly why I reject it.
    Actually, a lot of people did blame Bush, but of course that was hard to do when it became obvious that it was Clinton who had a good shot at Bin Laden and passed on it.

You reject it because it brings shame to your beloved Mr. Obama. It is for that reason and no other

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Thyroid Madness! [ 7 Answers ]

Thyroid issues for 2 years know and finally found a doctor that didn't look at me like I was crazy. So I've just been diagnosed with Autoimmune Thyroiditis and or Hashimoto's Disease, the problem is my levels are completely normal but of course due to the disease I have high Antibodies, but on top...

Ex boyfriend madness [ 3 Answers ]

Ugh okay I am single right now because my last boyfriend broke up with me for some S&%*. Now he and her broke up and he is trying to go for me again. Not only do I have him chasing me is I have my other ex boyfriend going for me. He broke up with his girl and now all of a sudden wants to go for me....

View more questions Search