Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    honeybun35 Posts: 221, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2019, 11:21 AM
    What's a good loan and credit builder company?
    There's a lot of companies now offering credit builder loans . I'm trying to find a good ligate one. I have been looking at Money lion and Self lender. Looking for a direct lender no redirecting.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2019, 05:10 PM
    Credit builder loans generally serve a purpose, are you looking to refinance? Do you have bad debts?

https://www.creditkarma.com/personal...or-bad-credit/

This is a good article that goes through some of the in's and out's of it.

If you're looking at peer-to-peer online lending,check out this link:
    https://www.creditkarma.com/personal...-peer-lending/
    honeybun35 Posts: 221, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2019, 07:26 AM
    Both need to help pay some debt and build at the same time.

thanks
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2019, 07:54 AM
    Paying debt is the only way to build credit, that is what the system is modeled after.

Create an account with credit karma or some other free credit monitoring company.

This will give you a good idea what your number is and a list of accounts 2 of the 3 credit bureaus are aware of.

From there you will be able to determine what kind of loans to go looking for to consolidate/refinance.

If the debts are delinquent, you can negotiate a settlement or a new payment plan to pay them off, you can also ask the creditor to remove them from your account after final payment. You can leverage the final payment to get then to comply.

All debts that haven't been paid on in 7 years or that are already paid in full, you can dispute them for accuracy and age, often they will simply remove them.

What range is your credit score right now, and how old are your delinquent accounts?

Other factors for loans include monthly salary, employment record, and other debts.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 2, 2019, 05:28 PM
    Most credit "building" companies, do nothing, you can't do yourself, and often their deals get you worst off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can a credit card company seize a tractor that still has a loan on it [ 4 Answers ]

Lawyer for a credit card company have a judgement against us for $20,000. Can they seize our tractor that we still owe money on.We paid $27,000 for tractor and still owe $6500 on the loan

Not good credit need ing a loan to save his house? [ 1 Answers ]

Our is in a Land Contract that is going into defult. He didn't know his house ins. Cancel. He or the landowner didn't get anything from the company. The landowner can't pay her half of the loan. So she want to default due to the lack of ins. My son got ins as soon as he found out. The problem is he...

Construction Loan - Can the builder carry if I own the lot [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible for the builder to carry the construction loan if I own the lot? I wasn't sure if this was an option and hope someone can advise me if this is an option. Thanks!

View more questions Search