Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Oct 1, 2019, 07:58 AM
    Opinions about marvels mystery oil
    Just want to know: Does anybody out there use Marvels Mystery Oil and what have your experiences with it been?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 1, 2019, 09:32 AM
    The only thing I know Vac, is they have been around selling products for many years for cars and airplanes.

Oct 1, 2019, 01:32 PM
    Talaniman: I just want a sanity check for my own experience to see if I just being delusional or what...albeit even though it is an early trial, the results are startling, to say the least: My vehicle has been averaging 29.5 MPG for a time period of the last 90 days. On Sunday, I filled the gas tank and added 8 ounces of Marvels Mystery Oil into the gas tank....then proceeded to drive 330 miles....this vehicle has a fuel monitoring system that displays instantaneous MPG and average MPG: I ended up with an Average MPG of 31.5 for that trip! And I am continuing to average that since then. That is impressive, to me.

Next, I am about to try it in the engine oil and see what that produces.

I do know, from experience, that it is an excellent firearms cleaner that provides a long lasting rust inhibitor to the blued and unblued surfaces and really helps smooth out actions.....Just never used it for its "intended" purposes...until now!
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2019, 05:12 AM
    I've heard really great things about this, however, maybe some controls in your experiments would do well.

Run a tank without it, see if the effects last.

Maybe try it on another vehicle and/or driver to see if there are similar results.

I have always run various cleaners through my oil and gas periodically (every 10k miles or so) for maintaining the engine. My PT had a head job, the insides were still pristine, 180k at the time, barely any wearing on the cylinder walls, clean valves and pistons, no major deposits anywhere in the upper half, at 240k now with original injectors and heads.

The cleaning action of Marvel might give you a boost back to newer condition, but likely isn't necessary in every tank.

Oct 2, 2019, 03:22 PM
    InfoJunkie4Life: like your advice! Yes, this is the 1st vehicle I ever had with the MPG counter on it.....who needs a cell phone to distract you from driving when you have this! But ALL of my vehicles, except this one are high mileage: 130 K, 265 K, and 290 K.....and still going strong. I have been a big LUCAS supporter, especially their Transmission treatments and I have tried Sea Foam but don't like it.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2019, 04:23 PM
    Lucas stops slips....even got rid of the lurching when, in a desperate moment, I dumped dextron in my chrysler. Ran 100k miles more without flushing. I'll run ATF for an oil change through a dirty engine to clean it out and puff up the seals.

I do think an agressive fuel system cleaner/lubricant like your mystery oil is an effective way to preserve the top half.

Oct 2, 2019, 06:16 PM
    InfoJunkie4Life: We may be related! I did the very same thing with slipping band on a '99 Ford Explorer: at around 135 K miles, it started to slip and, so, I gave it two consecutive doses of Lucas Transmission Treatment over a year or so period....never felt a slip again, and that was about 155 K miles ago!

So, over the years, in my older, high mileage vehicles, I have put Marvels Mystery Oil in only the oil but hadn't yet put it into the oiler of my newest, secondhand vehicle...I will do that next....Putting it into the gas is something new for me, never did that on my older vehicles...have used Lucas Gas Treatment in them, though....But, if your think about the lack of lubrication that the tops of the cylinders see, the idea of putting MMO into the gas is really a good idea because it continuously lubes the top! Were only talking 4 ounces MMO/10 gallon gas for continuous treatment.

Now, I did learn a trick that I have put to great use in all my old vehicles: Start the vehicle, put someone behind the wheel, get the RPMs up on the motor, pull the vacuum line off of the break connection and stick it into a container of MMO, bringing the RPMs up as you do this (you don't want to stall the engine): The result is complete carbon removal out of the head.....you should see the crap that comes out of the tailpipe: BLACK! Had a Cadillac Deville where the lifters were starting to stick: Did the little vacuum line MMO pull: Click completely gone!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm Not Sure What To Think About This Guy. Opinions Please? [ 8 Answers ]

I am a graduate student who works on campus & I work with a guy who is introverted but also nice & friendly. I have a pretty similar personality. He gets along with just about everyone at work. He & I have had a few long conversations at work even though we don't always get to see each other...

Please help I need opinions [ 11 Answers ]

I'm just wondering, would anyone be willing read this and respond? I'm scared to discuss how moving in with my boyfriend has made our relationship negative. You see, before we got together, I said, "are you sure you want me?" "I'm broken." "My heart isn't sure how to believe that you'd want...

Need opinions on this guy [ 7 Answers ]

So this guy friends me on Facebook randomly. We have two mutual friends so I accept. We message back and forth a bit and then he says we should meet for coffee. We continue to chat online and eventually I bring up the coffee thing and we meet. He seems nice, a bit nervous. He asks for my number so...

Need NC Opinions soon! [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, so he sent an email that he wants to come over this evening and talk to me. I didn't respond. But last time he did come over without an invite and I'm sure he heard my TV, and my blinds were open etc, so he was knocking and calling me on the phone. I turned the ringer down. But He knew I...

Just want some opinions. [ 7 Answers ]

I have a beautiful 5 month old son, he has been so easy to care for, sleeps 12 hours a night since he was three weeks old, and I LOVE being a mom. I left my job as an RN to stay at home with my little man. Anyway, I just wanted some opinions: When is a good time to have a second child? We want to...

View more questions Search