Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reggiewalter99 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2019, 03:59 AM
    My job vs my career
    Hello... I'm currently living with my parents, 28 years old. I have a good job and planning on getting my own place by next year. I'm doing a lot of overtime so... Well you get it.
    I'm also a musician - I play the guitar- that's what I want to do for the rest of my life. The music doesn't really pay much and I need to work so I can move out.
    I've been getting a lot of gigs recently (music) which is good for my career and I'm starting to get noticed... but still not enough money.
    The music which is my career is getting in the way of my job (truck driver)
    What should I do? Should I go for the money or my career? Sorry English is my second language...
    reggiewalter99 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2019, 10:38 PM
    Wow thank you so much
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 2, 2019, 07:00 AM
    You have to eat and pay bills while you work on that desired career. Most artist or creative types work to pay rent while they practice their craft until it can sustain a life that they can enjoy. Could take years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Career In Law [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, Im thinking about moving to the US or Europe because they are countries with a high economy. Im only in high school and I need to know if I could move there by studying here in Canada or do I have to apply for a scholarship and university at either locations? My cousin says that europe...

Mom with a career? Possible? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 21 years old and am going to college with my boyfriend (who would be my husband if we had money for a wedding.) I began majoring in fine art and then in art education for a reliable pay check. He has talked me into trying web design since the job outlook for art teachers isn't good and the pay...

View more questions Search