Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Oct 16, 2019, 08:32 PM
    Athos: The story is another example of how you can judge a person wrongly....and get surprised.

The bear traps are demonstrated by the various "predictions" of Trump's demise and the absolute arrogance of the left in thinking he is an idiot: That same idiot beat the left the last POTUS Election while the left's media was predicting he would lose....short memories are not what you want right now......sounds like the left likes to replay the same old song.

I agree about the electors: The IQ of the voters in not so swift and its getting worse....but its what we have to work with.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 16, 2019, 08:46 PM
    So the dufus is invincible and we are wasting our time and should just bend the knee, kiss his ring and let him run roughshod over our democracy. Naw, I would rather go down swinging if you don't mind. I have said we deserve what we got, and he sure surprised everybody including himself, but now that we know what we got, I hope we can do better.

All hands on deck!
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2019, 09:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    The bear traps are demonstrated by the various "predictions" of Trump's demise and the absolute arrogance of the left in thinking he is an idiot: That same idiot beat the left the last POTUS Election while the left's media was predicting he would lose...

It is becoming more and more apparent that Trump won due to Russian interference. Syria is most likely payback. Time will tell if I'm right.

Anyway, the polls predicting Trump would lose the popular vote were correct! Hillary Clinton beat Trump by nearly 3,000,000 votes!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2019, 05:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    It is becoming more and more apparent that Trump won due to Russian interference. Syria is most likely payback. Time will tell if I'm right.

Anyway, the polls predicting Trump would lose the popular vote were correct! Hillary Clinton beat Trump by nearly 3,000,000 votes!
    Except the election wasn't decided by who got the most votes, it was decided on who had the greatest support throughout the states. You see the election cannot be won by voters in a few populous states. Tell me if you can, how did the Russians influence so many people? there may be evidence they influenced a few people but the whole of the country? That is drawing a long bow
    Expert

Oct 17, 2019, 05:33 AM
    In addition to the Mueller Report, which lays out very explicitly the scope and extent of Russian interference, names and indicts specific Russian military and intelligence officers, there is also the just released bipartisan Senate Report that confirms that Russia indeed did interfere on the 2016 and 2018 election, and no doubt will do it again through proxy and social media propaganda.

The dufus won the Electoral College by less than 100,000 votes in 5 key states. Yes turnout was down also, so it was a perfect storm and we have the dufus but Russian cyber interference was traced to nearly every state, and it's well documented and we have a whole thread with links on this forum. Most peoples eyes glazed over, but it was a comprehensive and detailed piece of work that sadly most people didn't read, or worse UNDERSTAND.

This is a good simplified version.
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2019, 07:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Tell me if you can, how did the Russians influence so many people? there may be evidence they influenced a few people but the whole of the country?

They only needed to influence a minimum number of voters in three key states - not "the whole of the country". This is very basic stuff. If you don't understand it by now, you're probably the only one on the planet who doesn't, and you probably never will.

Oct 17, 2019, 08:34 AM
    Short of a Russian pointing an AK-47 at a member of my family and forcing me to "pull the lever" for Trump, there is no way in hades that I am going to read a newspaper article, a magazine article, an internet article, watch a YouTube video, watch a television new program, or any of that nonsense and be swayed to vote for Trump or any other POTUS, Congressional, or Senatorial candidate: Yes, I know the U.S. is quickly being overrun by "SHEEPLE" who are simply unthinking, non-logic driven, brain-dead drones, but we aren't quite dead, just yet: We still, some of us, possess cognitive reasoning. If the Russians could supply some of those beautiful women to every American male, hell, we might even vote for Putin, himself, as POTUS (by and large, we are pretty weak that way)!

I truly think the Democrats just ran a HORRIBLE candidate against Trump and got beat, plain and simple.

Winning the popular vote by 1% is no where near the BLOWOUT/LANDSLIDE predicted by the polls.....so, the POLLS were, still, actually, wrong.
    Expert

Oct 17, 2019, 08:57 AM
    Polls have varying degrees of margin for error. Not focusing on some midwestern states as the dufus did hurt too I think. We get another chance at this soon if they don't dump the dufus before then...or AFTER! The dufus is the incumbent now so that makes it even more of a challenge and we still have those pesky Ruskies, no doubt having gotten better at whatever they did before.

What a world!
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2019, 12:06 PM
    Short of a Russian pointing an AK-47 at a member of my family and forcing me to "pull the lever" for Trump, there is no way in hades that I am going to read a newspaper article, a magazine article, an internet article, watch a YouTube video, watch a television new program, or any of that nonsense and be swayed to vote for Trump or any other POTUS, Congressional, or Senatorial candidate:
    The power of persuasion via various media is well-known and those most susceptible are the ones who deny it. Why do you think advertising is so powerful? Read The Hidden Persuaders - the bible for this area.

I truly think the Democrats just ran a HORRIBLE candidate against Trump and got beat, plain and simple.
    That HORRIBLE candidate beat Trump, plain and simple, by THREE MILLION votes! How do you explain that?

the POLLS were, still, actually, wrong.
    The polls were, ACTUALLY, correct. Are you blind?
    Expert

Oct 17, 2019, 12:21 PM
    Turnout 55.7%[1] 0.8 pp
    Nominee Donald Trump Hillary Clinton
    Party Republican Democratic
    Home state New York New York
    Running mate Mike Pence Tim Kaine
    Electoral vote 304[a] 227[a]
    States carried 30 + ME-02 20 + DC
    Popular vote 62,984,828 65,853,514
    Percentage 46.1% 48.2%
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2019, 02:00 PM
    I think you just made my point
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2019, 02:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    I think you just made my point
    That Hillary won by three million votes?

Oct 17, 2019, 06:14 PM
    Paraclete is correct: The Constitution takes care of this problem with the strength of the Electoral College....the system is set up this way so that the "Urban" populations don't run the whole Election process.....otherwise, you end up with a miserable system where the Urbanites are the UPPER CLASS and the un-Urbanites are the serfs.....If you allowed just the popular vote to control the process, you would end up with what you have in a very miserable state like New York, where N.Y. City control who gets elected Governor and Senators and the rest of the state has no say in the process, effectively....in fact, many New Yorkers I know despise N.Y. City because they control the rest of the state....its quite a divisive system in N.Y. that breed contempt.

If you are against the Electoral Process, I think it is fair to say you are against the U.S. Constitution.....The Constitution is a divine, Sacred document that should not, ever, be monkeyed with, no matter how it affects what result YOU want: The Constitution is BIGGER THAN YOUR WANTS and it needs to stay that way....its the only protection we have in place that keeps us from becoming a land of slaves to those ensconced in power!
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2019, 10:52 PM

If you are against the Electoral Process, I think it is fair to say you are against the U.S. Constitution.....The Constitution is a divine, Sacred document that should not, ever, be monkeyed with, no matter how it affects what result YOU want: The Constitution is BIGGER THAN YOUR WANTS and it needs to stay that way....its the only protection we have in place that keeps us from becoming a land of slaves to those ensconced in power!
    Hold on a moment Vac, the Constitution is not divine or God breathed Scripture, it is a contruct of man and should not be elevated above that status. Many nations have achieved democracy without the limitations of the US Constitution and the only nation that had difficulty abolishing slavery is the one ruled by the US Constitution
    Expert

Oct 18, 2019, 12:45 AM
    Can't argue with that logic Clete, but if you read it you may find it aspires to more than the men that wrote it, and gives a young nation something to grow into. Admittedly we are slow on that path Slow is okay if you eventually get it right and make progress forward. Naw we ain't perfect, but we strive to be, and mistakes along the way can be corrected. Maybe not in the this election, but it's another one coming.

Is there another nation on Earth that's so connected to the rest of the nations? Not really, So in order to form a more perfect union, we just have to keep working at it. That doesn't mean we think we are the only great nation, but we do shoot for being the greatest nation among many great nations.

The experiment continues.

Oct 18, 2019, 03:40 AM
    Talaniman: You stated it much better than I ever could! THANK YOU!
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2019, 05:08 AM
    The Constitution takes care of this problem with the strength of the Electoral College....the system is set up this way so that the "Urban" populations don't run the whole Election process.....otherwise, you end up with a miserable system where the Urbanites are the UPPER CLASS and the un-Urbanites are the serfs
    The Electoral College was established in the late 18th century when the nation was overwhelmingly agricultural, not urban.

If you are against the Electoral Process, I think it is fair to say you are against the U.S. Constitution.....The Constitution is a divine, Sacred document that should not, ever, be monkeyed with
    The US Constitution has been "monkeyed with" 27 times! You really need to read some history and stop posting nonsense here. Also, it is hardly a "divine, Sacred document". More nonsense.

Madison and Hamilton expected the Electoral College to protect the nation from demagogues or those not qualified to be president by ensuring the electors were men of quality. Over the years, the rules changes so that the Electoral College actually ensured we would get the worst demagogue in American history - Donald Trump, an unhinged nutcase who needs only to be seen for his actions this week to verify his madness.

Oct 18, 2019, 10:17 AM
    Athos: Urban residents have no more rights than do rural ones.....The Electoral College puts it all on a level playing field so that one minded, brainwashed urbanites don't take sole control of the country....that is one feature of its greatness..

Adding Amendments is ENTIRELY different than taking something away from the Constitution: "Monkeyed With" means that you aren't going to put your greasy fingers into and strip something out of it! That HAS NEVER BEEN DONE!

The Constitution is DIVINE because it is obviously written by men of divine wisdom: If you don't think so, fine....but most agree it is the MOST PERFECT PROTECTION FOR HUMAN RIGHTS EVER WRITTEN: IT IS DIVINE, by that standard! And it is SACRED in that it should not be fooled with by UNDIVINE individual LIKE YOU AND ME!

Changing the Electoral College because you don't LIKE THE POTUS that now resides in the White House is not nearly enough reason to change it: DREAM ON!
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2019, 11:28 AM
    Athos: Urban residents have no more rights than do rural ones.....The Electoral College puts it all on a level playing field so that one minded, brainwashed urbanites don't take sole control of the country....that is one feature of its greatness..
    So now we have one minded brainwashed rural non-urbanites taking sole control. Plus the fact that you said it was "set up" this way. Did you lie then or are you lying now? Do you know?

"Monkeyed With" means that you aren't going to put your greasy fingers into and strip something out of it!
    Thank you for that technical definition. (I sometimes wonder why I bother replying to you).

The Constitution is DIVINE because it is obviously written by men of divine wisdom: If you don't think so, fine....but most agree it is the MOST PERFECT PROTECTION FOR HUMAN RIGHTS EVER WRITTEN: IT IS DIVINE, by that standard! And it is SACRED in that it should not be fooled with by UNDIVINE individual LIKE YOU AND ME!
    Complete and utter rubbish!! How do people like you get computers?

Changing the Electoral College because you don't LIKE THE POTUS that now resides in the White House is not nearly enough reason to change it: DREAM ON!
    It sure as hell shows the weakness of the Electoral College. But I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

Oct 18, 2019, 10:26 PM
    Athos: Come on, get off your high horse: The likes of me and you couldn't carry the bags of our Founding Fathers.....we/us/me/you/anybody alive today would have about as much business trying to second guess what the Founding Fathers created as would a Neanderthal trying to solve a Calculus problem. We are mere mortals.....the F.F. created a living document and a legacy that will live on long after we turn to dust.

Your problem is that YOUR GAL, Mrs. Hillary, didn't win....mainly because she couldn't campaign her way out of a paper bag: SHE SUCKED AS A CANDIDATE!.....plain and simple.....and, now, you and a few others like you (and I mean that, most people are pretty tired of the endless plots being hatched) think that you can overturn the election.....you blame the election process, of which the Electoral College is part of, and you zero in on that as being "the problem".....you range from one day blaming the evil RUSSIAN-TRUMP collusion partnership to the next day blaming the Electoral College.

Yeah, the U.S. CONSTITUTION IS DIVINE: No one you or I know could have written it....it took heavenly intervention to develop this document.....it is so perfect that is to be protected, therefore it is sacred.

Got a news flash for you, Athos: Whether you like it or you don't like it, you best learn to love it: THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE IS HERE TO STAY! Do you know why its going to stay? Because it will be protected by the American People....in the end, the U.S. CONSTITUTION protects the people and the people will always return the favor and protect the Constitution from the likes of people like you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Support for dill herb [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to grow dill from seed. They have germinated well but my concern is they are beginning to fall over. They are very spindly and need support but what would be suitable on such spindly plants? Thanks

Drying dill [ 1 Answers ]

What part of the dill do you dry for future use and how do you do it. :)

How do you take care of the herb dill [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dill plant and it seems to turn brown. I would like to know the care of that herb. :confused:

Fried dill pickles [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for a recipe for fried dill pickles

View more questions Search