Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChabDenz Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2019, 11:19 PM
    Dill, like most herbs, can be grown pretty much anywhere and can withstand both heat and cool weather. Dill will tolerate partial shade; in light shade, the plants won't get as bushy as in full sun, so they can be closer together. It can also be grown in the greenhouse if you provide a container large enough for its roots a, at least 6-8 inches in diameter, and pot it in rich soil.

https://www.buzzmyblog.com/black-fri...-server-deals/
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2019, 04:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChabDenz View Post
    Dill, like most herbs, can be grown pretty much anywhere and can withstand both heat and cool weather. Dill will tolerate partial shade; in light shade, the plants won't get as bushy as in full sun, so they can be closer together. It can also be grown in the greenhouse if you provide a container large enough for its roots a, at least 6-8 inches in diameter, and pot it in rich soil.

https://www.buzzmyblog.com/black-fri...-server-deals/
    Thanks for the gardening lesson, now tell us what to do when the dill becomes weed and takes over The White House
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 19, 2019, 05:14 AM
    Sure there is a great dissapointment that HC lost, Vac, but for sure their was also a GREATER dissappointment that the dufus won. I mean he was a liar and cheater before the election, and the power of the presidency magnified that greatly. What's disturbing for me was the embrace of such a loud mouth bully blowhard by so many, as he did what many feared he would do, blow up the party and replace it with his own image, or run it like a family business surroundeed by yes men and sycophants and even corrupts former heroes to do his own bidding. Doing and saying the wrong things has become normal and accepted with plenty of support.

Just for a statement of fact, the founders gave the congress the responsibility and duty to balance the executive branch in policy and law making as well as OVERSIGHT, and the impeachment process is a part of the constitution. It's the law of the land, and that's the way we get DILLS out of the WH. So even if there is a landslide election of a president he can still be removed.

I was there and saw it happen.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Oct 19, 2019, 09:58 PM
    Talaniman: Few would argue, I think not you nor Athos, or anyone else, that Richard M. Nixon was a man driven by ideology, not self-serving ambitions of enriching himself: Nixon was a tragedy because he ruined what he could have been and what he could have accomplished for the nation...Nixon certainly didn't line his pockets or, at least, do that to the magnitude other POTUS have (albeit the humble and malevolent Jimmy Carter he absolutely did not)…..Maybe Nixon was a scoundrel but a totally different kind of scoundrel than the kind of which you assert is Trump. I get the Constitutional Crisis of the Watergate Era but that was a different prism of view from what is going on now...I know you say Trump is all about self-enrichment.....Nixon was all about helping friends but, at his core, he wanted what was best for the country.....otherwise he would have stayed in Office through the Impeachment phase but he knew it wasn't good for the country: Don't you agree?
    Expert

Oct 20, 2019, 06:02 AM
    I am afraid I must disagree. If Nixon thought his landslide victory and popularity with the people and his party would get him through he may have stayed, but many repubs told him he would be impeached and better if he resigned. Maybe they all knew an impeachment trail wouldn't be good for the country, and maybe it would have been much worse for Nixon, as charging a president with crimes is disgraceful for everybody, headed off by Fords pardon. Ford was the vice after Agnew resigned in disgrace if you remember. No Nixon was caught and all his antics FAILED to keep him in power, so he really had no choice, but for the good of the country speech made him look better I suppose.

Nixon had a history of accomplishment, the dufus does not. Sure it's a different time, and different repubs, different country maybe, but the dufus is no Nixon, although after winning a second term you would have to be pretty dumb to pull the stunts he did, but he was pulling stunts before it just wasn't public.

So I have to disagree he resigned for the good of the country, he was just covering his own arse after being caught.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2019, 07:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Don't you agree?
    No, I don't agree. Nixon was ego-driven, not ideology driven. His opening to China was a good thing in my opinion, but I assume you don't think so, China being CHICOM and all that.

After the tapes were revealed to the public, the world discovered Nixon was a crook. Very early on, he knew what was going in re Watergate, but relied on deniability. He was part and parcel of the cover-up. A serious crime. In an interview with David Frost, he stated "When the president does it, it's not a crime". This basic misunderstanding of law is what brought him down. It led to the cover-up, the Daniel Ellsberg break-in, the hush money payments, and ordering the FBI to stop investigating Watergate - among other crimes.

As Tal said, he didn't resign to save the country. He resigned to avoid the shame of impeachment and conviction.

Nixon also had an enemies list - a scary thing for a president to have especially when it contained good upstanding US citizens.

Oct 20, 2019, 07:19 AM
    Athos & Talaniman: Nixon MADE a lot of enemies from the 40's and 50's with HUAC....so there were trails of Bolsheviks out to stick a dagger in him because he sure as heck nailed a lot of them, especially their hero Alger Hiss. Nixon was highly intelligent, according to Bill Clinton, who, himself, was a road scholar. I tend to give more leeway to highly intelligent people when it comes to high crimes.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2019, 07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Athos & Talaniman: Nixon MADE a lot of enemies from the 40's and 50's with HUAC....so there were trails of Bolsheviks out to stick a dagger in him because he sure as heck nailed a lot of them, especially their hero Alger Hiss. Nixon was highly intelligent, according to Bill Clinton, who, himself, was a road scholar. I tend to give more leeway to highly intelligent people when it comes to high crimes.
    I notice you went off on a tangent and did not respond to a single thing tal or I wrote. Did you ever get your money back from Trump University where they had a course in Changing The Subject 101.
    Expert

Oct 20, 2019, 07:30 AM
    Yeah there may be a difference between a dumb crook and a smart one, but geez ain't they both crooks?

Oct 20, 2019, 08:38 AM
    Talaniman: Yes, must admit, they are both crooks....just prefer the smart ones.:)!

Athos: I am not in you gentlemen's league when it comes to refined arguments but if you will please keep beating knots on my head, I will get better, maybe! I do appreciate the lessons, in all sincerity!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Support for dill herb [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to grow dill from seed. They have germinated well but my concern is they are beginning to fall over. They are very spindly and need support but what would be suitable on such spindly plants? Thanks

Drying dill [ 1 Answers ]

What part of the dill do you dry for future use and how do you do it. :)

How do you take care of the herb dill [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dill plant and it seems to turn brown. I would like to know the care of that herb. :confused:

Fried dill pickles [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for a recipe for fried dill pickles

View more questions Search