Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nollie626 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2019, 02:34 PM
    Confused
    I’m unhappily married. To make things harder, I have had a crush on someone else for 4 long years. I have always felt the feeling was mutual. Recently there has been a lot more flirting on both ends. I know the grass isn’t always greener on the other side and I’m always trying to tell myself all the reasons this other man is all wrong for me. One moment I’m fine with cutting him out of my life and the next I’m heartbroken again because I want to be with him so badly. Although I feel he has feelings too sometimes I can’t tell if he’s playing games or if he’s trying to protect his own feelings because I’m married. I wish I knew what to do. I wish I knew how to put him out of my head or if I should? I’ll distract myself with other things for a bit but then something happens and brings me right back to him. It hurts. I can’t take this anymore 😞
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 30, 2019, 03:45 PM
    Maybe deal with your unhappy narriage one way or another, before you let yourself be distracted by somebody else. That's what this other fellow is just a possible temporary feel good because you are unhappy. Why is your marriage so unhappy?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 30, 2019, 05:45 PM
    What have you done to save the marriage,

Counseling?

Change thngs,
    Talk about it?

Sep 30, 2019, 07:01 PM
    I’m unhappy for many reasons. He never seems to have the time for me. We rarely do anything together. If we do, I’m the one who plans something. We are rarely intimate. I always have to initiate anything if we do. I have asked, told and yelled about the things I want from our relationship and none of it seems to get through. I’m tired of asking, telling and yelling. I just don’t care anymore
    Expert

Oct 1, 2019, 04:11 PM
    Do you have kids, and if so is he a good father with a good relationship with the kids? Do you work, and if so do you like your job? Does he like his job? Any substance abuse issues? Can you support yourself? Has divorce been discussed? Are there other problems like family or finances?

Oct 1, 2019, 07:15 PM
    We don’t have kids. There are no substance abuse from either of us. I honestly don’t really like my job(s). I’ve been a massage therapist for about 15 years and I’ve been stepping back from that. I have a new job but it feels completely meaningless. I’m pretty sure he loves what he does but it’s not making much money. My full time job is entry level so I don’t make much at all so money is a bit tight. We aren’t poor and have all we need but it would definitely be a financial burden if we divorce. It has never been discussed though
    Expert

Oct 2, 2019, 06:55 AM
    How long have you two been married, and how long did you date before you got married? So far it appears you are not happy in a few major areas of your life and I do think at this point this may be at the heart of your issue, so it's no wonder this other fellow confuses you because I think that you nay just be looking for that happiness in another. I don't think having an affair would solve that problem, more likely it will make it worse.

Do you have family friends or siblings close by?

Oct 7, 2019, 11:10 AM
    We just had our 9th wedding anniversary last week and have been together for 16 years total.
    Expert

Oct 7, 2019, 11:40 AM
    Why no kids? Have you discussed that? Do you really think getting attention from another guy would solve your problems or are you just seeing this other fellow as a way out of this unhappy marriage? I really appreciate you responding back, and hope all my questions are not insulting and above all please let me know if I have veered from your original question as I think any one so unhappy would seek that which might make them feel better.

I can say though that the key to being happy is being happy with yourself first and above all else. I asked questions to figure out if you are actively trying to build a life that you enjoy with friends family and activities that make YOU happy. Thus my question on the other people important in your life that would be mainly KIDS.

No kids then what distracts you from the daily confusion of working and problems like hobbies activities friends or family members?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused about what she wants [ 7 Answers ]

Hello All! I am in a relationship with a girl I truly adore. She is a traditional Catholic and has helped bring me back to my faith. This is a long distance relationship and we met while hiking in the mountains. This has been going on for three months and we see each other a little more than...

What should I do now? Confused about my ex [ 1 Answers ]

I was with my ex for 4yrs we broke up amicably he felt extremely guilty for hurting me and he is a great guy I do love him still he wanted to remain friends and in contact so I have gone along with it, go out for coffee watch dvd's at his house and have a good talk, problem is I felt I was always...

Late period, pregnancy,confused confused [ 2 Answers ]

On 1st Aug 09, I had a very painful period which came 12days late.Before the period came, I had unusually swollen breasts,cramping consistently, consistent headache and nausea. I have been trying for a baby in the last 12months.I have never used any pill, nor gotten pregnant before. My period is...

I'm really confused now? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I somewhat "tried" this month. I ovulated on the 9th. Started spotting on Monday, a week before my period was due. It turned into what I thought was a regular period so I knew I wasn't pregnant. It ended up only lasting 2 days. My periods always come every 28 days and last about 5...

View more questions Search