Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gemma1963 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2019, 02:39 AM
    Holidays but feeling lonely.
    I think my problem is a very common one. I am on holidays with my husband. We get on well and have great conversations during our holiday but for our last few holidays I am really missing the company of our two grown up sons. They no longer come on holiday with us. They are happy to do their own thing now. They would come on holiday with us if we paid for them but we cannot afford that. Besides, my husband prefers it when it's just the two of us as it's more relaxing.

I have enjoyed this holiday with my husband but I would have enjoyed it more if our sons were with us. I assume that I will get used to not having my sons with us and will eventually learn to enjoy holidays alone with my husband as much as I enjoyed them when we were a group.

Can anyone tell me if this has been the situation for them?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 28, 2019, 07:00 AM
    It's not just holidays and vacatioons for some of us, but every darn day since the kids left for their own lives. Going through this mess again as the grand kids are doing the same darn thing. Harder on the wife than me, but that's not saying much. Yeah it's normal, but the wife and I soldier on with each other like it was before kids (And grand kids).

It's still a bummer sometimes, but the memories are still great. Nostalgia has it's ups and downs. Like I say though wait till the grand kids do it to you again. Seems like you can handle it better the second time, but you really don't, no matter how much fun your life is. BUMMER.

Enjoy what you have while you have it though. Not everyone has what you have. That's how I handle those down times.
    Gemma1963 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2019, 08:32 AM
    Thank you so much. I know how lucky I am and this is a first world problem as they say but it's good to know I'm not the only one. I didn't mention it on the holiday as it wouldn't be fair on my husband as he already knows anyway and we had a good holiday.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feeling so lonely.. help me? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a single and working in software field. I'm feeling so lonely as I don't hv any girlfriend.also am feeling I don't hv talent to make anyone as my girlfriend :(. Also I'm losing hope and thinking myself very low. I'm just reached 27 now and I'm trying to find someone from my age of 22. But I'm...

Feeling very lonely [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I am a 36 year old pre op transexual and live on my own and am very lonely I moved from stockton on tees and now live in newcastle I was married for many years until 6 months ago although we where little more than friends she was my best friend, but I was unable/unwilling to remain in my birth...

Feeling lonely because of him [ 2 Answers ]

I come to realize it is impossible for us to be together as a couple. I did some quizs, and the results told me the same thing, he doesn't like me. But no matter how much my friends and strangers advise me, I still don't want to get rid of him. My love is blind, but it is always a dream in my...

Feeling lonely... what to do if anything... [ 14 Answers ]

I've been feeling VERY lonely lately. I'm not sure why really though. I hang out with my friends pretty much daily, but I feel like something is missing. I know this is the time where I really DO NOT need to jump into a relationship, but I don't know what to do about it. I just want someone to care...

Feeling lonely [ 6 Answers ]

I am 29 years old single male. I don't have a single girlfriend. From childhood, I have experience that girls just don't like me. I always wanted a girl to fall in love with me and then I can shower my unconditional love on her. That has never happened. I am quite goodlooking and handsome according...

View more questions Search