Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Sep 27, 2019, 07:25 PM
    Talaniman: Oh yes, there is plenty of evidence Daddy Joe was up to his ears in his boy's mess, even a tape of Daddy Joe bragging about getting the prosecuting Ukrainian removed from the case in 2016...….this story is what really scares the left. Biden is as dirty as they come.....besides being a dirty old man.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2019, 08:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Talaniman: Oh yes, there is plenty of evidence Daddy Joe was up to his ears in his boy's mess, even a tape of Daddy Joe bragging about getting the prosecuting Ukrainian removed from the case in 2016...….this story is what really scares the left. Biden is as dirty as they come.....besides being a dirty old man.

V7 - Here's a link that explains everything about the Biden and Ukraine situation. It's lengthy, but in it you will find all you need to know to discover that the whole thing is a made-up story from the Trump camp.

I don't know if you read links, but this link is a good way to find the truth if you're interested in the truth.

https://theintercept.com/2019/05/10/...reformer-says/

Sep 27, 2019, 09:57 PM
    Athos: O.K., I read "The Intercept" article.....must admit, its quite convincing.....but let me ask you, is this a left leaning media/news or a non-aligned media/news outlet....I really wish we could step away from any slants and play straight up the middle media/news....would be nice! Let's say young Biden and Joe Biden didn't do anything "criminally" wrong, and it looks like they may very well did not: Young Biden still road his Dad's coattails/used his Dad's position to gain influence on deals in the Ukraine...not illegal to do but, still.....I guess everyone does it....and I probably would to if I did that kind of thing.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2019, 05:09 AM
    Athos: O.K., I read "The Intercept" article.....must admit, its quite convincing.....but let me ask you, is this a left leaning media/news or a non-aligned media/news outlet....I really wish we could step away from any slants and play straight up the middle media/news....would be nice! Let's say young Biden and Joe Biden didn't do anything "criminally" wrong, and it looks like they may very well did not: Young Biden still road his Dad's coattails/used his Dad's position to gain influence on deals in the Ukraine...not illegal to do but, still.....I guess everyone does it....and I probably would to if I did that kind of thing.
    What does it matter its political leaning if it has the truth.

I agree it would be nice if there were a totally neutral objective media, but the absence of that makes us all the more read carefully and cross-check.

Yes, young Biden has some answers to give. Like you say, not illegal, but not what should be done. It's only an issue because of his father running for president. He (father and son) should have known better.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2019, 06:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    What does it matter its political leaning if it has the truth.

I agree it would be nice if there were a totally neutral objective media, but the absence of that makes us all the more read carefully and cross-check.

Yes, young Biden has some answers to give. Like you say, not illegal, but not what should be done. It's only an issue because of his father running for president. He (father and son) should have known better.
    What you are saying is criminal activities are only illegal if you get caught

Sep 28, 2019, 06:24 AM
    Talaniman: That only applies if you live in Louisiana....especially New Orleans! I can tell you, from experience, that state REALLY feels that way!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 28, 2019, 06:25 AM
    Maybe Biden Jr did get on the board of directors of an energy company because of his name. Is that any worse than inheriting millions from your dad the way most rich guys do? Even mobsters pass on their ill gotten gains to the kids. That's just what the elite class does. My kids still rresent I was born handsome instead of rich.

If you get one, then get them all. LOL, the dufus has kids too, and have they cashed in on daddy's name?

Sep 28, 2019, 08:08 PM
    Talaniman: Well if handsome cancels out rich, I should be overflowing with cash!

Truth is that those with money, the rich, make money more easily than those of us not so rich....call it a knack, a skill, luck, or DNA, it always seems to happen this way.

Biden's son did what anybody would do in the same situation: If his last name and relationship got him mileage, he used it.....nothing unusual there.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2019, 06:12 AM
    Talaniman: Well if handsome cancels out rich, I should be overflowing with cash!

Truth is that those with money, the rich, make money more easily than those of us not so rich....call it a knack, a skill, luck, or DNA, it always seems to happen this way.

Biden's son did what anybody would do in the same situation: If his last name and relationship got him mileage, he used it.....nothing unusual there.
    You have to ask yourself, don't you, what is the son of a US vice-president doing in the Ukraine, a country with a volatile political situation, where the Russians are sanctioned by the US for interference. Political opportunism or just capitalist opportunism? Either way the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, just a proxy for dear ole dad?

Sep 29, 2019, 06:29 AM
    Paraclete: Admittedly, it does sound suspicious but that isn't proof he did something illegal....skirting illegality just isn't enough.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 29, 2019, 06:56 AM
    Biden is fair game for scrutiny, after all he is running for president, but using the levers of government to get re elected is dispicable, and leveraging a foreign government with those levers is even more dispicable in my book. ILLEGAL? Heck YES, to the informed eye.

That's what the Impeachment inquiry is about. Shame the dems failed miserably to get the facts of the Mueller Report out more widely to the public, but obviously this dufus failed to heed the warning it held for him, and doubled down intead on his scandalous actions and words, with even more scandalous words and actions.

God don't like ugly, and I'm not talking looks.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2019, 09:48 AM
    Not taking sides here yet, but there is only one source in this argument, an article by the intercept.

https://theintercept.com/2019/05/10/...reformer-says/

It said nothing happened based on a bunch of interviews of foreign officials in Ukraine and partisan people here. Then it goes on to explain the timeline.

What I gathered, their words, the guy was fired for undermining the Biden investigation, which he opened, (along with others), also a ton of local people wanted him out.

But then, the new guy settled the case for minor tax violations, and that was on the up and up.

Not seeing exactly how it said there is nothing there?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

While You Trump Supporters Were Sleeping [ 108 Answers ]

Donald the Crazy announced an immediate withdrawal from Syria since he had defeated ISIS. Top-level military men bailed out of his administration because that was a lie. Bolton declared the opposite, and the Head of State of Turkey refused to meet with Bolton because “America is nuts”. Good point,...

Message To Trump Supporters [ 256 Answers ]

Remember that wall Trump swore he would make Mexico pay for? Well, like most Trump promises, it was a LIE! He is now demanding that YOU, the American taxpayer, pay for his wall. If you refuse, he threatens to SHUT DOWN the government!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

New poll shows Trump supporters live in a DIFFERENT reality than the rest of us.. [ 21 Answers ]

Hello: They BELIEVE that unemployment went UP during Obama - Nahh.. It went WAYYY down. They BELIEVE that the stock market went DOWN during Obama - Nahhh.. It went WAYYY up. They BELIEVE Clinton LOST the popular vote - Nahhh.. She beat him by 2.7 MILLION votes. An even greater...

Right wing, despicable, UNAMERICAN behavior! [ 14 Answers ]

Hello: A group of House Republicans is calling for an investigation into whether a leading American Muslim advocacy group tried to "spy" on congressional offices by placing interns on key security committees. Rep. Sue Myrick, North Carolina Republican, cited an internal January 2007 memo in...

View more questions Search