Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    honeybun35 Posts: 221, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2019, 07:21 AM
    What is an emotional affair?
    Just understanding an emotional affair means no sex. So if you have already had sex with it's not emotional even if you are just friends now and not intimate.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 23, 2019, 07:46 AM
    An emotional affair is when a person not only invests more of their emotional energy outside their marriage but also receives emotional support and companionship from the new relationship.
    honeybun35 Posts: 221, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2019, 07:57 AM
    Ok.. Support meaning anything just talking and listening and showing support for that person?

thanks
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 23, 2019, 08:12 AM
    How emotionally dependent on this person are you? Does it make you cross boundaries of good behavior, or obssess to the point of ignoring all else, or abandon healthy common sense, and make your life unmangeable? I could surely stand better context to understand your rather broad question better, as the devil is in the details.

I have found that emotional afffairs start more in the mind of one person than two people who see the relationship differently, and do believe whether there has been sex/physical intimacy makes little or no difference especially over time. Mostly there is a liklihood of many other factors in ones life than contribute to any dependancy other than the sex or intimacy.

Though it is easier to get to emotionally attached to someone you shared sex with, even though much time and cirmstances have passed since then (It's actually called personal history), I'm a bit skeptical even on the term emotional affair since it does not accurately describe reality for a relationship be it friends, or ex lovers, or current lovers of which I think you can indeed have an emotional affair with.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 23, 2019, 02:17 PM
    Agreed, emotion can be no sex, or it can include sex. A mistress for example may be either. while a hooker or massage girl would not be emotional

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Emotional Affair [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I've been married for just over a year. About 2yrs ago I was sitting with my girlfriend (my now wife) and over heard a conversation with her cousin in law on the phone. It was an almost innocent comment that I heard, but I didn't ever really trust her cousin in law as he'd mentioned to me...

Emotional affair [ 2 Answers ]

When I accused my husband of having emotinal affair with his co-worker he denied it. But I heard his conversation with her that I will take you to the office where I will be transferred.he also said that he didn't sleep with her.am I right in my side?

Emotional affair [ 10 Answers ]

I found out this past week that my husband has been having 2-4 hour conversations late at night with a female coworker. I started to worry and looked into his text messages. She sends him a good morning text every morning even though they will be at work together within the hour. I asked him about...

Emotional affair [ 5 Answers ]

I have been married for 9 years and for 5 of them my husband has not touched in me anyway, no kissing, hugging or sex. At first I thought it was due to the thyroid cancer he had 5 years ago and just kept on making excuses. I am not a insecure female, always checking pockets, phones, etc, but...

Emotional affair? [ 8 Answers ]

Is it an emotional affair if the significant other knows about the "friend"? My "friend" doesn't hide me from his woman. He has told her about me and she is uneasy about the friendship, but allows him to continue to have it. She hasn't asked him to stop communicating with me. Me and him are...

View more questions Search