Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wasabi00_ Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2019, 07:51 PM
    piercing bumps
    I need help. What type of rook piercing bump is this & is there a way for me to get rid of it, without any problems? Is there a way for me to get it to pop on it’s own so the pus could come out? I think it’s a pus filled bump. It’s not painful & it hasn’t bled. It’s on both ends of the hole.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2019, 08:56 PM
    When did you get pierced and how?

Sep 22, 2019, 07:47 PM
    I got my rook pierced about 2 months ago when I was out of town. The piercer pierced me with a sterilized needle. I don't think the 2 bumps have anything to do with the piercer. I think it's on my part. I was moving it, touching it sometimes(hands where clean), & sometimes I would jump up out my sleep & hit my ear. So, there were tugging, in a way but I havent found any answers on how to help.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 22, 2019, 07:57 PM
    Warm compresses, 20 minutes on and 20 off? J_9 is our nurse here. She should have suggestions.

Sep 22, 2019, 08:03 PM
    I have tried warm water compresses. Only for like 8-10 minutes on & off though.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 22, 2019, 08:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi00_ View Post
    I have tried warm water compresses. Only for like 8-10 minutes on & off though.
    Don't mess around and finger and poke them. Call a doctor's office? Go to a walk-in clinic?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 23, 2019, 01:30 AM
    This could also be keloid scarring. Without being able to visualize it, and examine it, I can’t provide much advice. I will say, however, that you should NOT try to make it pop on it’s own. Any break in the skin increases the risk of infection. You could try to go to one of your local piercers to see if they can look at it and give you advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get rid of Cartilage (Helix) Piercing Bumps? [ 2 Answers ]

I have had multiple bumps in my past all on my upper right helix piercing for over about 5 and a half months.I have one now that looks like the actual pierced hole on the back is in the middle of the bump. I use antiseptic solution a bit but not a lot.I got it from softball where I had to take it...

Little red bumps growing on my belly piercing? [ 2 Answers ]

I got my belly pierced 4 weeks ago, it has been infected but is much better now. My doctor said use antibiotics, they just ran out, and now there is a red bump growing, it doesn't hurt, no pus, it won't pop? I really don't want to have to take it out! What should I do?

Bumps behind piercing [ 6 Answers ]

I have a concern... I kept getting bumps behind my ear every time I had a cartillage piercing... now I have one on each ear. But I just got a new one(in february) and it hurt me when I put my head on the pillow, so I took it off about a month ago and I saw a small bump again, so I put it back on...

View more questions Search