Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Sep 28, 2019, 07:47 PM
    I have and idea: Stop paying out debt to the ChiComs…..break their economy while empowering our own....look them dead in the eye and tell them to go to hell. At some point, we have to get off the merry-go-round because it never stops.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2019, 09:13 PM
    Yeah right while I can appreciate a balanced budget, I know where you draw the lines of what not to spend money on. The military ain't one of 'em, as in the Clinton balanced budget, so how would you get there?
    I would be all for cutting defense spending. I would suggest we cut all spending by two percent per year until the budget is balanced.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2019, 03:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I would be all for cutting defense spending. I would suggest we cut all spending by two percent per year until the budget is balanced.
    So is that 2% of GDP or just 2% of an inflated budget of more than 4% of GDP. 2% cuts will do nothing, what is needed is your military budget needs to be cut by 50% to 2% of GDP
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Sep 29, 2019, 06:39 AM
    Paraclete: Can not do the military cutting....ChiComs are building up their military....threatening Australia, too.....we could cut foreign assistance and save money.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 29, 2019, 09:20 AM
    A possible savings of 30 billion bucks but at what costs? Here is an interesting interactive site that breaks down those costs and why we spend those bucks.

https://www.foreignassistance.gov/

I somewhat agree that cutting the military with the hot messes going on in the world may not work to well for our own security. But those foreign aid dollars are also designed to not need more military, and indeed may work better than bullets, boats, and planes in some places.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2019, 09:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I somewhat agree that cutting the military with the hot messes going on in the world may not work to well for our own security. But those foreign aid dollars are also designed to not need more military, and indeed may work better than bullets, boats, and planes in some places.
    That's the point America First right-wing isolationists always gloss over. Simplistic thinking.
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2019, 01:07 PM
    We have over 60,000 troops in Europe. That would be a good place to make reductions.
    Expert

Sep 29, 2019, 01:48 PM
    Here's an interesting chart

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/u-s...ments-country/

Or maybe we start with how much the dufus spends at his golf course and the PROFIT involved.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ies/622999002/
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2019, 01:52 PM
    All of that might be fine if we could afford it, but we plainly cannot.
    Expert

Sep 29, 2019, 03:04 PM
    All of that might be fine if we could afford it, but we plainly cannot.
    Costs money to maintain military bases and readiness. Costs money to help our new fledged democracy in the Ukraine grow as they are occupied by Russian mercenaries in the east after Crimea was annexed from them by Russian forces. Yet the dufus is extorting them to get dirt on his political foes, to get re elected, by stalling arms and systems to defend themselves, and getting them to admit they not Russia interfered in our 2016 election. Coupled with his planned military cuts to projects, bases, in eastern Europe to fund his southern wall its very evident that the US cannot afford the dufus foreign policy, nor his affinity to Russia against the advice of the Pentagon, or his trade war that he lies is making big bucks for us, while he ignores Kim shooting missiles again, yet despite these things not being on the news, the rumblings of war are beating in between Iran and the Saudis.

What we can't afford is the dufus.
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2019, 03:54 PM
    Nice job, tal. This will fall down on deaf ears of the Trumpistas here and they will respond with a rant that means nothing. However, other viewers will read and learn.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2019, 03:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Paraclete: Can not do the military cutting....ChiComs are building up their military....threatening Australia, too.....we could cut foreign assistance and save money.
    China has no made direct threats to the US or Australia, as to foreign assistance, that is tied aid so it is actually national assistance
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2019, 04:10 PM
    What we can't afford is the dufus.
    But you were fine with Obama doubling the national debt? How about that!
    Expert

Sep 29, 2019, 04:56 PM
    No, not really but the debts from inherited wars, which he added to the books where before was a hidden costs and the inherited RECCESION that was tanking the WORLD economy as well as bleeding American jobs, was unavoidable, but deficit funded tax cuts to rich guys, that has already made little or no impact on growth, and will never pay for themselves as promised, added to the dumb stuff cited in the last post makes for one incompetent mismanaged mess. That's not even the tip of the iceberg, JL, because I have a whole list of stuff the dufus administration flunkies have scandalized right under our noses that you ignore that touches nearly every aspect of American life, from education to energy, and land management, to disaster relief. None of that is why there is an impeachment inquiry though, NAW, that's because he has done what no president should do and that's more collusion with another foreign entity for his own personal gain, and the power to rip off his country some more.

So you keep hollering what Obama did, and ignore what the dufus is doing now, just because either you don't know, don't understand, or just don't care, because you got your tax cuts, and judges and your country gets the shaft. If you studied current events like you study your bible you may have a chance at getting it.

Oh was that just more swipes at the dufus? You darn skippy it was, and every word is TRUE! Unlike the dufus whose words are all lies. Do you trust 60 minutes? Watch it tonight.
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2019, 05:20 PM
    a whole list of stuff the dufus administration flunkies have scandalized right under our noses that you ignore that touches nearly every aspect of American life,
    You mean like allowing 4 Americans to die in Benghazi? Or allowing veterans to die with an inept VA? Or using the IRS to deny tax exempt status to conservative groups? Or doing nothing after a botched gun-running scheme with Mexico? Or doing nothing while his Sec. of State was using a toy server to transmit confidential information? Or refusing to act when his AG met in private with HC's husband only days before announcing there would be no charges against her? Are those the kinds of things you are referring to?

Selective outrage fills the room with an unappealing odor.
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2019, 05:48 PM
    You mean like allowing 4 Americans to die in Benghazi? Or allowing veterans to die with an inept VA? Or using the IRS to deny tax exempt status to conservative groups? Or doing nothing after a botched gun-running scheme with Mexico? Or doing nothing while his Sec. of State was using a toy server to transmit confidential information? Or refusing to act when his AG met in private with HC's husband only days before announcing there would be no charges against her? Are those the kinds of things you are referring to?

The only odor is from you, pal, with your false spin on every event you mentioned. Stay in your far right swamp with the rest of your smelly critters. Come back when you learn the truth.
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2019, 07:01 PM
    I thought you said you were done with me? In fact, I desperately hope that I read that accurately. Your hatefulness gets tiresome.
    I'm done with your lies about eternal punishment and the misreading of the Bible. Anything else you say is fair game.

You know what they say, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen".
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2019, 07:04 PM
    I thought you said you were done with me? In fact, I desperately hope that I read that accurately. Your hatefulness gets tiresome. You are an amusing poster, though. I must admit that's true, but I do feel sorry for you. To be so eaten up with anger must be a terrible way to live. So often I read your posts and am so glad that I'm not the one who wrote them.

I can assure you that I've never been in a kitchen too hot for me.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 29, 2019, 07:14 PM
    I thought you said you were done with me? In fact, I desperately hope that I read that accurately. Your hatefulness gets tiresome. You are an amusing little guy, though. I must admit.
    That was a different thread. And he's not little.

Always the putdown. So Christian of you.</sarcasm font>
    Expert

Sep 29, 2019, 07:16 PM

Says the guy who is holding his nose, while the dufus does his dirt. Proof positive that you are no better than us. Maybe that's the lesson we all should learn, and strive to do better.

I'll save the bristling rebuttal to your positions and opinions for another time, though I'm sure you've heard them before, because while blew your chance to do something about such things as you described, you better duck while we have our chance to correct the wrongs that aggrieves us NOW!

Maybe we get it right, maybe we don't

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HVAC squirrel cage blower whistle noise. [ 2 Answers ]

I just had a motor replaced in a HVAC squirrel cage air blower. The blower now makes a kind of whistling sound along with the normal moving air sound. The sound seems to pulsate and is annoying. I know the technician has the rotor off center. I.e. there is a big gap on one edge of the housing...

Tin whistle [ 5 Answers ]

I want to get a tin whistle ever since I listened to The Lord of the Rings theme song. I want to know what keys I should get, and I want to get 5 different ones. Please answer! Thanks!

What would cause a whistle in the pipes? [ 1 Answers ]

There is a whistle in the pipes.

DOG WHISTLE/ silent whistle / galtons whistle? [ 10 Answers ]

Hey I was wondering if anyone knew whether these whistles are good & work properly, I want to teach my dog a few more things & also when I take him off leash he listens to me (mostly) but responds better to high pitch whistles etc. ( I can't whistle lol ) I was wondering if this would be good for...

How to whistle [ 3 Answers ]

How on earth do you whistle with your fingers in your mouth??

View more questions Search