Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 25, 2019, 02:18 PM
    Like the dufus is saying now there is no quid pro quo in his released memo of the phone call, but there doesn't have to be for a crime to be committed. To paraphrase, when the Ukraine president ask for Javelins for defense, the dufus said do me a favor, and he went on to say investigate corruption by the Biden's.

"Do me a favor.." is the new version of "Russia if your listening..."! I won't even add what Rudy has been running around saying but regardless of either of our opinions, IT'S ON!! Expect an impeachment vote soon and we'll just see what happens. Instead of taking the dufus words for fact a simple google search may give you relevant facts about Biden's words and actions back then.

Maybe YOU should read the full texts before you decide the dems are running off the rails. That's not what I'm seeing here and even some repubs are scratching their heads.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-conten...ied09.2019.pdf
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Sep 25, 2019, 03:13 PM
    Talaniman: There is nothing here, AGAIN! The "investigation will turn to Biden before its all over with......And, why was Biden's son doing any business in the Ukraine anyway? Was it because he is such a great businessman or is it because he is Biden's son….the answer is obvious!

The Democrats can Impeach all they want, Trump will go nowhere and will remain in the Whitehouse. The Democrats are GUARANTEEING TRUMP'S REELECTION.

Oh, and guess what else: Trump can STOP THIS INVESTIGATION JUST LIKE HE COULD HAVE STOPPED THE MUELLER INVESTIGATION ANY TIME HE WISHES TO DO SO.

The Democrats have nothing and will go down in flames with this: Get the drinks on ice and get ready to enjoy TRUMP'S REELECTION VICTORY PARTY!

For a Libertarian like me, this stuff is wonderful! We don't have a 3rd Party yet, but every time these scandals come along, it makes the likelihood of a 3rd Party more a reality.....and when that happens, real DEMOCRACY will be realized in the U.S.!
    Expert

Sep 25, 2019, 03:28 PM
    Why not read the WH memo they released as I provided instead of ranting about how libertarians will rule the world. Oh that's right, why read when you can rant. Whatever makes you feel good I suppose. There were a lot of business men in Ukraine at that time and in full disclosure my former employer is among them.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2019, 06:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Why not read the WH memo they released as I provided instead of ranting about how libertarians will rule the world. Oh that's right, why read when you can rant. Whatever makes you feel good I suppose. There were a lot of business men in Ukraine at that time and in full disclosure my former employer is among them.
    Ah, now we see your allegiences
    Expert

Sep 26, 2019, 05:17 AM
    I have no allegience to any country except my own. The Ukraine operation is just one of many across the globe gobbled up by the parent company. A common thing in todays world. Come on Clete, capitalists are everywhere, and they don't care who okay's the money, be it dictator or president. Here, there, or anywhere. Once you understand that, you may get the significance of the whistleblower complaint which is supposed to be released today, and the WH memo of the phone call that I linked, which is full of stuff to beat the dufus about his head.

Yes Vac, I'm having a great time too watching these scandals play out. Actually it's just business as usual. Now stop hogging the popcorn. LOL, I can't even watch my Netflix movie watching the dufus falling all over himself.

And you thought he was invincible and above the law?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2019, 05:32 AM
    I have no allegience to any country except my own. The Ukraine operation is just one of many across the globe gobbled up by the parent company. A common thing in todays world. Come on Clete, capitalists are everywhere, and they don't care who okay's the money, be it dictator or president. Here, there, or anywhere. Once you understand that, you may get the significance of the whistleblower complaint which is supposed to be released today, and the WH memo of the phone call that I linked, which is full of stuff to beat the dufus about his head.

Yes Vac, I'm having a great time too watching these scandals play out. Actually it's just business as usual. Now stop hogging the popcorn. LOL, I can't even watch my Netflix movie watching the dufus falling all over himself.

And you thought he was invincible and above the law?
    No I never thought that, but yes BO and his coharts were interferring in Ukraine and no doubt making money out of it. There is nothing worthwhile on Netflex and anything that is happening in your part of the world looks like the plot of one of those B grade movies
    Expert

Sep 26, 2019, 07:27 AM
    That is a matter of perspective, your own bias notwithstanding (or is that snark?), but one must prioritize which corruption to pursue and the current one is before us, and anything behind us was never prioritized when the dufus and his sycophants were in full power in government, though they have been loud about it, they brought no actions. They still can of course, if they were not so occupied with defending their own wrong doing.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2019, 07:35 AM
    ummm ...the truth is that NOBODY in the swamp wants anyone to shine the light on this issue of nepotism and family getting rich on a connection with an elected leader .
    Expert

Sep 26, 2019, 08:29 AM
    I find that to be very true over the years and some are much more discreet than others, but it's a bit troubling that the subjects of this whistleblowers allegations was the first to be consulted about it, and a delay contrary to the law was an outcome of that heads up, or "guidance" in this matter. I won't go as far to disparage Mr. Mcguire, but it's a deep concern that should be scrutinized. He has testified many times this morning it's not his job to judge what the allegations are, but clearly he didn't turn those allegations over to the congress in the specified time as REQUIRED by the LAW.

That is the purpose of the law as it clearly states the process, which was obviously not followed. At least that's my take on it, and as Lewandowski pointed out and proved, it's not illegal to lie to the public, or the press, and therein lies a real problem at the heart of this whole political mess, steeped in deep corruption.
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2019, 10:37 AM
    the big bombshell from the whistle blower report is that Trump covered up a transcript that he released to the public yesterday.

I already pointed out the judgment of NOT turning it over to Congress was the correct one because the President is not an employee of DNI and his conversations with a foreign leader are NOT subject to the 50 U.S. Code  3033(sec 5 g ) definition of "urgent concern" . The IG thought it was and Maguire as DNI did not .

Section 3033 does not apply to a president’s negotiations with or commitments to foreign powers. The statute ONLY applies to intelligence activities by officials employed under the DNI direction . So even if the whistle blower had an “urgent concern” there was no requirement under the law to inform Congress.
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2019, 10:49 AM
    waiting for the press to start the reporting about Biden and Kerry's son in China . That is where the real money was happening . Love it that their business partner was James Bulger from the Whitey Bulger crime family and son of Massachusetts state senator Billy Bulger.
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2019, 11:02 AM
    love it that Pathfinder Adam Schiff is going to be the face of the Dem party going into th elections . He swore for months that he had the proof that Trump colluded with Russia to steal the election. He still hasn't come forward even after the Mueller report. Now he's doing comedy parody and trying to make it sound like that was the real words of the transcript . He completely fabricated quotes during his opening comments . He's a better face of the party than that toad Nadler .
    Expert

Sep 26, 2019, 11:36 AM
    My reading of the statute does NOT prohibit the carrying out of the law and there are no stated exceptions to that law. Taking into account the acting DNI with only months on the job may well want to consult a legal expert afforded him. My understanding the he got no guidelines from DOJ to NOT obey the law. Maybe we have a loophole that needs closing if indeed there are exceptions to the law. It's a moot point actually since the goods are out there for all to see, which is shockingly bad for the dufus, and that's just the stuff he released. The actual WB allegations are just more fuel to the fire, and unlike the muddle over the Mueller report, a lot easier to read and understand. Have you read those documents?

You have to be a REAL dufus to dodge a bullet, then do the same thing again as president. He may not be the only one tarnished badly on this one.
    Expert

Sep 26, 2019, 11:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    love it that Pathfinder Adam Schiff is going to be the face of the Dem party going into th elections . He swore for months that he had the proof that Trump colluded with Russia to steal the election. He still hasn't come forward even after the Mueller report. Now he's doing comedy parody and trying to make it sound like that was the real words of the transcript . He completely fabricated quotes during his opening comments . He's a better face of the party than that toad Nadler .
    Lol, he did exaggerate taking a page from the dufus but he was correct in the times the prez pressed Zelenski, and how. Repubs were quick to jump on that, but defended McGuire and got their dem witch hunt point across as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    waiting for the press to start the reporting about Biden and Kerry's son in China . That is where the real money was happening . Love it that their business partner was James Bulger from the Whitey Bulger crime family and son of Massachusetts state senator Billy Bulger.
    Dumb incompetent repubs blew their shot at it, as they did with HC, and Obama if they actually had anything but distracting talking points and bad mouthing. I imagine though the dufus is fit to be tied looking for somebody's blood!
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2019, 02:22 PM
    I imagine though the dufus is fit to be tied looking for somebody's blood!

Just heard an audio by Trump suggesting whistleblowers be executed. Truthful hyperbole. I think he's sending a message.

Sep 26, 2019, 03:05 PM
    Athos: They execute people for treason.....this "whistleblower" probably broke the law by listening in on the POTUS......much of this comes down to "how" the "whistleblower" obtained the information......Again, NOTHING HERE, AGAIN! Just like the Russia Investigation "Nothing Burger".....We are talking about the POTUS, not some underling, in all these accusations: You can't get to the POTUS! When in the name of hell is the going to get that through their thick skulls. The POTUS is near superhuman compared to anyone walking around the country in terms of what he CAN and CAN NOT do.....All this crap of quoting this legal document # and that legal precedent DOES NOT APPLY TO THE POTUS!

Sorry to break the left's heart but you lose to TRUMP....AGAIN!
    Expert

Sep 26, 2019, 05:25 PM
    Forget passing the popcorn, pass the doob! I want what you're smoking! On second thought pass the popcorn because I see on helluva case of the munchies in your future. Do libertarians heads explode?

Sep 26, 2019, 07:55 PM
    Talaniman: YOU ARE TOO MUCH!!! :)

If you are having as much fun all of with this as I am, you don't need to smoke or take anything! The natural high is plenty! But good popcorn, with butter, of course, does sound awfully good right about now!
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2019, 12:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Athos: They execute people for treason.
    Yes, I know. That's exactly why Trump threatened whistleblowers with it. His sycophants will say he was only kidding, but we know better, don't we?

....this "whistleblower" probably broke the law by listening in on the POTUS
    If you had been paying attention, you would know the whistleblower was not listening in. The information he had was provided by people in the room when Trump made the call. You know, the ones Trump wants to execute. The IG confirmed the credibility of the whistleblower.

Just like the Russia Investigation "Nothing Burger"
    Again, you constantly show your ignorance. The report by Mueller listed at least ten crimes of obstruction of justice. The reason Mueller didn't indict was because AG Barr had declared Trump immune from prosecution and any criminal investigation. Is that something you agree with? Do you understand how it flies in the face of the Constitution and 250 years of jurisprudence?

You can't get to the POTUS!
    Of course, you can. It's called impeachment.

The POTUS is near superhuman compared to anyone walking around the country in terms of what he CAN and CAN NOT do
    Sadly, Trump would love that, and he is supported in that by the likes of you. Do you really want a dictator? Not to worry, tho. Today Trump shot himself in the foot by stupidly releasing the text of his phone call where he told the president of a foreign power to get dirt on his political opponent. Prima facie evidence of a High Crime.

.....All this crap of quoting this legal document # and that legal precedent DOES NOT APPLY TO THE POTUS!
    So you believe Trump is above the law. Do you know that NO MAN is above the law? Didn't you learn that in elementary school? Do you mean documents like the Constitution don't apply to Trump? Are you aware that this nation renounced Kings centuries ago?

V7 - why do you keep digging your hole deeper? If you just did a little self-education, you wouldn't come across as such a fool.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2019, 05:14 AM
    So far the dems swung and missed on both Kavanaugh and collusion. Now they are facing strike three with this silly charge. Even the Ukrainian pres has stated that nothing improper happened on the phone call.

Schiff's performance yesterday (his "parody") was a disgrace, and that's not to mention his having to go with plan B and allege that the phone conversation was something resembling a mafia shakedown. It was all, he said, a coded conversation that only the really smart people like him could discern. And to make matters worse, it is pretty clear that the two genuine lawbreakers have been HC and Biden. If Biden was the great hope of the dem party, then that hope is going down the drain.

I was in hopes that someone reasonable might appear as an alternative to Trump. Instead we have Biden, Sanders, and Warren, so my hope is fading fast. Where is John Kennedy when he is really needed?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HVAC squirrel cage blower whistle noise. [ 2 Answers ]

I just had a motor replaced in a HVAC squirrel cage air blower. The blower now makes a kind of whistling sound along with the normal moving air sound. The sound seems to pulsate and is annoying. I know the technician has the rotor off center. I.e. there is a big gap on one edge of the housing...

Tin whistle [ 5 Answers ]

I want to get a tin whistle ever since I listened to The Lord of the Rings theme song. I want to know what keys I should get, and I want to get 5 different ones. Please answer! Thanks!

What would cause a whistle in the pipes? [ 1 Answers ]

There is a whistle in the pipes.

DOG WHISTLE/ silent whistle / galtons whistle? [ 10 Answers ]

Hey I was wondering if anyone knew whether these whistles are good & work properly, I want to teach my dog a few more things & also when I take him off leash he listens to me (mostly) but responds better to high pitch whistles etc. ( I can't whistle lol ) I was wondering if this would be good for...

How to whistle [ 3 Answers ]

How on earth do you whistle with your fingers in your mouth??

View more questions Search