Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 23, 2020, 07:57 AM
    Yes. It certainly seems that he did not merely change his actions, but that he was changed. He went from arrogant to humble, and from a position of "I deserve" to "I am not worthy".
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 10, 2021, 03:00 PM
    When doing my Fun Trivia Quiz just now, one of the questions had to do with the Prodigal Son story. I answered correctly and noticed this paragraph that was part of FT's explanation for the answer:

"Christians generally take this story as a description of how the heavenly Father feels over the salvation of lost souls. Someone who has attended church all their lives might feel a twinge of this same type of resentment when a sinner suddenly converts and is welcomed into Christianity, but as this text points out, that is likely an incorrect attitude. The underlying theme seems to be that joy should be felt, rather than resentment."
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2021, 03:02 PM
    The underlying theme seems to be that joy should be felt, rather than resentment."
    That is certainly true. When a sinner converts, we should be joyful. I guess I've never observed it to be otherwise.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 10, 2021, 03:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    That is certainly true. When a sinner converts, we should be joyful. I guess I've never observed it to be otherwise.
    Long ago, a dear friend who was very active in the congregation we belonged to, frustratedly said, "So I spend my entire life being faithful to God and His Word, accepting His Son as my beloved Savior, do good works as much as I am able in order to thank God for His mercy to me. Then a person who has made no effort to live a God-pleasing life is on his deathbed, cries out 'I believe in You, Jesus!' and is saved? I'm supposed to be joyful about that???"
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2021, 03:27 PM
    That is regrettable. Like I said, I have never observed that. I have observed, on fairly rare occasions, people being harsh towards a particular "variety" of sinners. That is likewise regrettable.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 10, 2021, 03:53 PM
    I think her point was that she could live her life any way she pleased and finally, on her deathbed, accept Jesus as Savior and be saved? So why bother with years of going to church and Bible class and belonging to church groups when she could have been doing more fun things.
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2021, 04:41 PM
    I think her point was that she could live her life any way she pleased and finally, on her deathbed, accept Jesus as Savior and be saved? So why bother with years of going to church and Bible class and belonging to church groups when she could have been doing more fun things.
    The problem with that is the fact that many people do not die on their deathbed. Besides, I would ten times rather live my life as a Christian than any other way. I would be a Christian even if there was no heaven/hell.
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2021, 10:05 PM
    WG, you have asked before about the fate of children that die. Just read tonight in 2 Sam. 12:23 that David said, "He cannot come to me, but I shall go to him." That would certainly seem to show that the child was in heaven, would it not?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 11, 2021, 09:41 AM
    WG, you have asked before about the fate of children that die. Just read tonight in 2 Sam. 12:23 that David said, "He cannot come to me, but I shall go to him." That would certainly seem to show that the child was in heaven, would it not?
    God caused an innocent baby to die in order to punish David, the father of that baby???
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2021, 10:02 AM
    That's certainly what the text says. Children suffer for the misdeeds of their parents.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 11, 2021, 11:16 AM
    That's certainly what the text says. Children suffer for the misdeeds of their parents.
    Yes, that's true, but God makes that happen? I hope not!
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2021, 12:17 PM
    Well, it's what the text reads.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 11, 2021, 12:20 PM
    Well, it's what the text reads.
    So then, why would God object to abortion?
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2021, 12:31 PM
    God's judgment is one thing. Man's murder is entirely different.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 11, 2021, 12:34 PM
    God's judgment is one thing. Man's murder is entirely different.
    Then He should have killed David, the guilty one, not an innocent baby.
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2021, 12:39 PM
    You'll have to talk with God about that one. I didn't make that decision. But I am surprised to see you refer to an "innocent baby", and be upset with God, and yet have no problem supporting liberal dem politicians who kill countless innocent babies. You seem confused.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 11, 2021, 12:59 PM
    But I am surprised to see you refer to an "innocent baby", and be upset with God, and yet have no problem supporting liberal dem politicians who kill countless innocent babies. You seem confused.
    I have not done that. All I have said is that a woman and her doctor should make that decision together.
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2021, 02:05 PM
    Well then, God did what you say it’s ok for a doctor to do. What is your complaint?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 11, 2021, 02:07 PM
    Well then, God did what you say it’s ok for a doctor to do. What is your complaint?
    I didn't say "it's ok for a doctor to do"!
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2021, 02:55 PM
    All I have said is that a woman and her doctor should make that decision together.
    And thus you have given your permission.

You really don't think that "a woman and her doctor" will always decide to preserve the unborn child's life, do you? You seem to be one of those people who want to vote for pro-abortion candidates, but then try to pretend that you really don't support abortion. Well, you can't have it both ways.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Younger brother runs through sliding glass doors while older brother watches [ 3 Answers ]

I saw this on TV a few months ago, started with a bunch of parents are having a house party, which takes place in the 60's . There are two younger boys who live at the house and they are running all over the place having fun. Parents tell them time for bed. Then I remember seeing the two...

Older brother that cares. [ 4 Answers ]

There is no category to show sibling questions so here I am. Hi, I have an ongoing situation within my family that I wish to cease. My two youngest brothers yell and scream at my mother at every chance, they berate and physically intimidate her & they have stolen off me for years. My mum is a...

I'm looking for my older brother and sisters. [ 3 Answers ]

The last time I saw Naomi, Caroline and Mani was at my fathers funeral, 20 years ago. I do think about them a lot especially now I'm older. I don't understand why they never stayed in touch, Naomi promised me she would stay in touch but never did. We had the same father but different Mum's....

View more questions Search