Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 5, 2021, 02:35 PM
    Ah, so many proof passages! As you so deftly proved my case:

Ephesians 2:8 ESV For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God.

Acts 2:38 ESV And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. I.e. faith

Yeah, I learned how to cherry pick too years ago when I was a fundamentalist, a literalist. Then I grew up, thanks be to God!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 5, 2021, 02:52 PM
    Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. I.e. faith.
    Which came first?

Perhaps your problem is you have never repented other than some game that was played at your infant baptism. Possible?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 5, 2021, 03:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Which came first?
    The gift of the Holy Spirit is faith. It's a gift of God, not from our own efforts. If you'd read the Bible, especially the NT, as a whole, you'd find that out.
    Perhaps your problem is you have never repented other than some game that was played at your infant baptism. Possible?
    I won't even dignify that with a (Christian) retort. Btw, I'll probably get to heaven before you will. Look me up and I'll introduce you around.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

May 5, 2021, 03:09 PM
    Sooooo, anyone who challenges you and tries to make you think clearly is "of this world"
    When Somebody doesn't believe the Bible is true, somebody who want's Hand in this world- defiantly of the World, clear as Night is to Day. Your in Danger WG, DANGER!!! Seek the Kingdom of God "first". Don't let this world steal your heart.
    Love your HBTQ friends; maybe you shouldn't run with them? Why do you think they're looking for a voice?

Where're all in trouble if we don't get off this site and get to work.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 5, 2021, 03:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    When Somebody doesn't believe the Bible is true, somebody who want's Hand in this world- defiantly of the World, clear as Night is to Day. Your in Danger WG, DANGER!!! Seek the Kingdom of God "first". Don't let this world steal your heart.
    Be very careful, waltero. Matthew 7:1 (NIV) -- "Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

Nothing in this world interests me. I'm old and nearly dead and look forward to heaven.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 5, 2021, 03:25 PM
    If you'd read the Bible, especially the NT, as a whole, you'd find that out.
    Just another of those unsupported, desperate responses. I've read the NT many dozens of times. There is very little support for the idea that faith comes from the Holy Spirit of God. I would not object to that idea, by the way. I just don't think it's NT.

I won't even dignify that with a (Christian) retort.
    That was your own testimony months ago. Is it not correct that your church allowed some adults to stand in for your repentance when you were infant baptized?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 5, 2021, 03:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I just don't think it's NT.
    I'm sorry to hear that.
    That was your own testimony months ago. Is it not correct that your church allowed some adults to stand in for your repentance when you were infant baptized?
    And then there was confirmation and regular church/Sunday School/Bible class attendance and regular partaking of Holy Communion and getting married in church by a pastor father. Marks of faith.

May 5, 2021, 03:38 PM
    Be very careful, waltero. Matthew 7:1 (NIV) -- "Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
    Do you not understand? Your a voice for the LGBTQ (World). Your promoting Sin! (No, I'm loving the sinner) yes, that is true, it's all you! The love we have for Jesus, we do not share that love with others. The love we share with others is a new love, drawn from Christ Jesus, himself. Maybe you could try and understand?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 5, 2021, 03:45 PM
    Do you not understand? Your a voice for the LGBTQ (World). Your promoting Sin!
    Sin is judging before you know whereof you speak.

LGBT+ people had no say in how they were created and how they emerged from their mother's womb -- just like those lefthanders or babies with two different color eyes or conjoined twins.

May 5, 2021, 03:52 PM
    LGBT+ people had no say in how they were created and how they emerged from their mother's womb -- just like those lefthanders or babies with two different color eyes or conjoined twins.
    Are they any worse of than the rest of us? You going to understand them as being in a different light? Maybe the World can accept them. Who knows, if the "World" can come to an understanding- God might as well?

Sin is judging before you know whereof you speak
    It might just be, I know whereof I speak? I have trouble figuring out why your speaking...speaking in support of a world view. Your off focus. Might I suggest fasting and prayer? I'll fast and pray along side you. I can never fast for myself, easier for me to fast with others.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 5, 2021, 04:21 PM
    Are they any worse of than the rest of us? God might as well?
    They are just like you and me. God loves all of us.
    It might just be, I know whereof I speak? I have trouble figuring out why your speaking...speaking in support of a world view. Your off focus.
    You're (you are), not your (possessive pronoun).

It's not a world view. The focus is love and acceptance of people who had no choice in how they developed as fetuses.

May 5, 2021, 04:51 PM
    It's not a world view. The focus is love and acceptance of people who had no choice in how they developed as fetuses.
    I understand they need love too. But it is not your love that they are in need of.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 5, 2021, 04:55 PM
    Of what Value is that?
    Christian value.

May 5, 2021, 05:05 PM
    people who had no choice in how they developed as fetuses.
    In your natural state, you seek the love of the World.
    The focus is love and acceptance
    In the so called real world?
    Christian value.
    I don't see it...I see world values.

We could accept them for who they are and for who they are not. You are accepting them into your life, by agreeing with them, approving of them, waiving your own rights, or downplaying their impact upon you.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 5, 2021, 05:07 PM
    In your natural state, you seek the love of the World. In the so called real world? I don't see it...I see world values.
    Then open your eyes.

May 5, 2021, 05:19 PM
    Then open your eyes.
    Might be better to open ones ears first.

We could accept them for who they are and for who they are not. You are accepting them into your life, by agreeing with them, approving of them, waiving your own rights, while downplaying their impact upon you.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 5, 2021, 05:25 PM
    Might be better to open ones ears first.

We could accept them for who they are and for who they are not. You are accepting them into your life, by agreeing with them, approving of them, waiving your own rights, while downplaying their impact upon you.
    I'd still "approve of you" if you were lefthanded or had one blue eye and one brown eye. They were never asked if they wanted to be born gay or transgender. What specifically don't you like about them?

May 5, 2021, 05:34 PM
    What specifically don't you like about them?
    I love them. Just as I love my brother, and my niece, who is now my nephew. They are chasing this world, and for you to chase after them? Born again; a new life, is not of this world, and those of us who have been "born again", should not chase after the things of this world.
    I'd still "approve of you"
    Funny, you approve of everything but the Bible.

Read a science journal and BELIEVE! Science is rewritten every so, so. Read the Bible - this must be askew!
    Just STOP!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 5, 2021, 05:38 PM
    I love them. Just as I love my brother, and my niece who is now my nephew. They are chasing this world, and for you to chase after them? Born again, is not of this world and should not chase after the things of this world.
    And they have thrown out their Bibles for a wild life of excesses???
    Funny, you approve of everything but the Bible.
    Oh, I appove of the REAL Bible -- just not your version of it.

May 5, 2021, 05:46 PM
    The focus is love and acceptance of people who had no choice in how they developed as fetuses.
    They are just like you and me. God loves all of us.
    If you don't know the difference?
    Oh, I appove of the REAL Bible
    Oh, no you don't. You have stated many times that the Bible has been corrupted and the manuscripts can't be trusted.
    just not your version of it.
    There's only one Bible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Younger brother runs through sliding glass doors while older brother watches [ 3 Answers ]

I saw this on TV a few months ago, started with a bunch of parents are having a house party, which takes place in the 60's . There are two younger boys who live at the house and they are running all over the place having fun. Parents tell them time for bed. Then I remember seeing the two...

Older brother that cares. [ 4 Answers ]

There is no category to show sibling questions so here I am. Hi, I have an ongoing situation within my family that I wish to cease. My two youngest brothers yell and scream at my mother at every chance, they berate and physically intimidate her & they have stolen off me for years. My mum is a...

I'm looking for my older brother and sisters. [ 3 Answers ]

The last time I saw Naomi, Caroline and Mani was at my fathers funeral, 20 years ago. I do think about them a lot especially now I'm older. I don't understand why they never stayed in touch, Naomi promised me she would stay in touch but never did. We had the same father but different Mum's....

View more questions Search