Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aunt Nancy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2019, 06:49 AM
    When to confront someone?
    During a phone conversation with my niece, she became angry and called me rude. She had no reason for this anger so made accusations against me to justify her anger. She told her family I attacked her, hurt her feelings, was unkind, and accused her of taking away my inheritance. My husband was in the room and knows none of this is true. It has affected the relationships between our 2 families to the point my family does not want to join anymore family gatherings. Should I confront her or just let it go as some family members have asked me to do?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 13, 2019, 07:07 AM
    Whatever happened between you, let things cool off for a bit and maybe cooler heads can sort it out. Possibly you may not be as innocent as you make yourself seem, or there has always been a resentment on someones part all along, just beneath the surface. You never know but throwing more fuel on the fire is not a safe way to put it out.

Back off and let things cool off for a while.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Sep 13, 2019, 06:09 PM
    Aunt Nancy: Talaniman offers sage advice....I would adhere to it: Nothing good comes out of confrontations of this sort, other than more hurt feeling and resentment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Don't want to confront me [ 1 Answers ]

She broke up with me over Facebook and doesn't want to confront me

Should I confront my son's dad about.. [ 2 Answers ]

My son's dad and I do not have a good relationship. He cheated many times while we were together and lies about everything, including important things that have to with our son(like where he takes him, who he is with, etc). We live in different cities, have a custody agreement, and his dad refuses...

Should I confront him ? [ 2 Answers ]

So there is this guy in my school. Every where we go , we see him. He always message my friends an I saying : I seen you today when sometimes we don't see him. He is scaring us and we don't know what to do. He is known for being a stalker and we are the only people who are nice to him. He is...

How do you know when to confront someone, or just let it go? [ 8 Answers ]

:( Hi. I'm having a tough time trying to figure out when to say something when my feelings have been hurt, and trying to determine if I should just let it go. Lately, it's been happening a few times. Our daughter-in-law has made comments that are kind of cutting, although I'm certain she has no...

Should I confront him? [ 7 Answers ]

So my boyfriend and I have been together for almost a year now. We met over a year ago, started doing the long distance thing (I was in Denver, he was in Portland) soon we decided it was worth it to be together seriously so I made the move to Portland the last week of march. Things clicked and it...

View more questions Search