Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2019, 06:48 PM
    She doesn't need a sermon. She needs unconditional love.
    It's fine to build friendship and trust and to love people. In fact, it's essential and I applaud you for it, but to treat the gospel as nothing more than a "sermon" is a sad reflection on your estimation of the gospel message.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2019, 08:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    It's fine to build friendship and trust and to love people. In fact, it's essential and I applaud you for it, but to treat the gospel as nothing more than a "sermon" is a sad reflection on your estimation of the gospel message.
    and the unconditional love she needs is to be introduced to Jesus, just as everyone has the same need
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 29, 2019, 09:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    and the unconditional love she needs is to be introduced to Jesus, just as everyone has the same need
    Not yet.
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2019, 09:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Not yet.
    Who are you to decide this? I recall a time where I led a Buddist to Jesus, he was open but my pastor was incensed because he was going to meet with him some days hence and claim the scalp. You don't know when a person may pass away, they may not have the time for your build up
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2019, 10:25 PM
    I recall a time where I led a Buddist to Jesus, he was open but my pastor was incensed because he was going to meet with him some days hence and claim the scalp.
    I love it when you fundies talk like this. Sure doesn't make coming to Jesus very appealing.

You don't know when a person may pass away, they may not have the time for your build up
    That's ok. No harm done.
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2019, 11:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    I love it when you fundies talk like this. Sure doesn't make coming to Jesus very appealing.

It really has nothing to do with Jesus, what it has to do with is love and our willingness to share
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 30, 2019, 08:44 AM
    It really has nothing to do with Jesus, what it has to do with is love and our willingness to share
    That's the entire reason we witness!
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2019, 09:01 AM
    It really has nothing to do with Jesus
    It has everything to do with Jesus. If we do not tell people about the one who came to "to give his life as a ransom for many," then we have been as unloving as we can possibly be.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 30, 2019, 10:13 AM
    It has everything to do with Jesus. If we do not tell people about the one who came to "to give his life as a ransom for many," then we have been as unloving as we can possibly be.
    OMG! I agree with you!!!!
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2019, 10:21 AM
    OMG! I agree with you!!!!
    It's a miracle!! We both need to stop posting immediately. We've reached the pinnacle.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 30, 2019, 10:34 AM
    It's a miracle!! We both need to stop posting immediately. We've reached the pinnacle.
    No, no, no! This is the beginning!
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2019, 10:35 AM
    I have been Swedish death-cleaning this afternoon.
    I missed this earlier. What is a "Swedish death-cleaning"?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 30, 2019, 10:56 AM
    I missed this earlier. What is a "Swedish death-cleaning"?
    Look it up, please.

Oh, all right.

In Swedish, the exercise is döstädning — a combination of the word “dö” (which means death) and “standing” (which means cleaning), author Magnussen explains in her book. “Death cleaning is not about dusting or mopping up; it is about a permanent form of organization that makes your everyday life run more smoothly,” she explains.
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2019, 10:59 AM
    A method of downsizing employed by minimalists?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 30, 2019, 11:07 AM
    A method of downsizing employed by minimalists?
    Yes. I'm old. I don't want debris from my 74 years overwhelming my Asperger's husband and Asperger's son, if I die first. All is being explained to them. Neat files have been correctly labeled. Am busy daily with this project.
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2019, 11:47 AM
    Yes. I'm old. I don't want debris from my 74 years overwhelming my Asperger's husband and Asperger's son, if I die first. All is being explained to them. Neat files have been correctly labeled. Am busy daily with this project.
    How strange that we think alike in more ways than one might have thought. I am getting rid of clutter as well so my wife would not have to deal with it if it turns out that way. We had to clear out my parents' large basement several months ago and it was not fun having to just throw away so much stuff.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 30, 2019, 12:28 PM
    Wow, I have been dealing with the same issues the last few years, cleaning out a lifetime of stuff after my parents deaths, that was physically and EMOTIONALLY profound and taxing. It ain't at all easy and now doing it for the wife and I, hopefully saving my kids from going through the same thing. That's not easy either. Kind of amazing we're going through the same issues undoubtably related to our ages and sense of responsibility that comes with aging.

Again WG, just your sharing and attitude is truly inspiring and I know JL agrees with me on this. That alone is a sign of hope. Thanks my friend for pulling me forward as you always seem to. You're a strong tough cookie for sure.

8)

How strange that we think alike in more ways than one might have thought. I am getting rid of clutter as well so my wife would not have to deal with it if it turns out that way. We had to clear out my parents' large basement several months ago and it was not fun having to just throw away so much stuff.
    No it ain't no fun since all that stuff has a story and strong memories, but you know it has to go. I feel ya my friend.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 30, 2019, 12:35 PM
    We brought into our house Jeremy's stuff -- writing and art, furniture, clothes, comics collection, books, kitchen things, etc. scattered around in our small living room. Have been dealing with that since May 4, 2018.
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2019, 01:13 PM
    Wow, I have been dealing with the same issues the last few years, cleaning out a lifetime of stuff after my parents deaths, that was physically and EMOTIONALLY profound and taxing. It ain't at all easy and now doing it for the wife and I, hopefully saving my kids from going through the same thing. That's not easy either. Kind of amazing we're going through the same issues undoubtably related to our ages and sense of responsibility that comes with aging.
    It is very difficult. You want to keep it all but you can't. In the case of the stuff in the basement, so much had molded that there wasn't much to do with it but throw it away, and I mean a LOT of it. I could just imagine my mother standing there with a disapproving look in her eye. We threw away probably two hundred books. WG would have had a fit, but it was all moldy and smelly. Oh well.

We brought into our house Jeremy's stuff
    I'm sorry to have to ask this, but who was Jeremy?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 30, 2019, 01:21 PM
    I'm sorry to have to ask this, but who was Jeremy?
    Our younger son.

I sent you a PM. Otherwise, tmi on the board

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Trump is making noise about taking Iraq's oil again... [ 22 Answers ]

Hello: Since he's NOW president, the Iraqi's BELIEVE him. Why wouldn't they?? Did he put our troops in danger? Our soldiers are fighting ISIS right alongside Iraqi forces.. If those forces get an inkling that the soldiers they're fighting WITH, are gonna TAKE their oil, how long will...

View more questions Search