Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2019, 06:31 PM
    I'm not a liberal.
    You've heard the old saying about if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck?

And I never dated Obama but did encounter far too many drunks like Kavanaugh during my dating years. He'd been drinking (to relax....) before his questioning.
    Once again, the "I'm not a liberal" person can hardly wait to come to the defense of Mr. Obama while not hesitating to slander Kavanaugh. That's why I'm convinced you are 100% liberal. It's plainly apparent.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 18, 2019, 07:33 PM
    It's not slander if it's true!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 18, 2019, 07:39 PM
    And when have I defended Obama????
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2019, 08:07 PM
    what you have to decide here is not what is truth, but what are lies and misleading statements
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2019, 04:37 AM
    It's not slander if it's true!
    Referring to Kavanaugh as a drunk.

And when have I defended Obama????
    Your entire line of argument that smoking pot is great but drinking alcohol is bad was a response to the "Obama smoked pot" statement from earlier.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 19, 2019, 10:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    His attitude and behavior in front of the Senate and on live TV certainly suggested that. Or emotional instability.
    Expert

Sep 19, 2019, 10:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    We have enough factual accounts and his own testimony to call him a drunk.

Your entire line of argument that smoking pot is great but drinking alcohol is bad was a response to the "Obama smoked pot" statement from earlier.
    I think she was quite specific differentiating between drinkers, those that consume, and drunks those that consume to access. Applies to pot as well.
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2019, 10:27 AM
    We have enough factual accounts and his own testimony to call him a drunk.
    He did some excessive partying as a young person. If everyone who did that is a drunk, then most people are drunks. Sorry, but to call him a "drunk" is ridiculous.

I think she was quite specific differentiating between drinkers, those that consume, and drunks those that consume to access. Applies to pot as well.
    What? Her whole point was that smoking pot is better than getting drunk. Pot smokers, she said, "relax", but drunks get aggressive towards women. I have no idea where you read that she did the differentiating you are referring to.
    Expert

Sep 19, 2019, 10:28 AM
    Perhaps this is one of those areas my experience gives me a great deal of insight into.
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2019, 12:02 PM
    Perhaps this is one of those areas my experience gives me a great deal of insight into.
    OK. You have had some experiences, so Kavanaugh must be guilty? Is that how it works now? Thank goodness we don't use that system of justice in America.

I assure you that you weren't the only one who partied as a young person.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Sep 19, 2019, 03:28 PM
    Dope heads depend upon everyone thinking that smoking dope is O.K......it is not O.K. and despite what the idiotic states that have passed legalization think, in the MAJORITY of states in the United States, smoking dope is still ILLEGAL! So, dope smoking is not O.K. and it does not make you a better person....in fact, it doesn't make you BETTER at anything, at all. And, people that smoke dope SMELL TO HIGH HEAVEN WITH A FUNK THAT IS UNSHAKEABLE! Good lord, do dope heads stink with a particularly perculiar rancid "stank".

Go smoke dope and it will be found in your system several weeks down the road, especially in you hair follicles. We bust these idiots all the time in my industry using the "Hair Test"......Now, have a drink today, and you can not tell if you drank tomorrow......not defending drinking but facts are as they are.
    Expert

Sep 19, 2019, 03:38 PM
    I said I had insights not a crystal ball. It should disturb you that the WH squelched any real investigations to get a SCOTUS pick through. Why are you okay with that? If evidence is not looked at in the first place how do YOU claim him innocent of anything? One would think we take the time to get the truth out before we move someone to such a position. Now I realize the presumption of innocence in the rule of law, but I do not recognize the obstruction of pursuit of ANY evidence, for or against anyone.

You got something against getting the facts of the matter?

Sep 19, 2019, 04:06 PM
    Talaniman: What is "insi"?
    Expert

Sep 19, 2019, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Talaniman: What is "insi"?
    Clarify please.

Sep 19, 2019, 06:17 PM
    Talaniman: No, you said it right, for some reason this computer cut-off you words.....strange!

No, I agree with you: Facts do matter and ALL the evidence needs presentation.....that is the way it was designed to work and that is the way it should work, our System of Justice....it is sacred and should be preserved at all costs.....no compromises.
    Expert

Sep 19, 2019, 07:16 PM
    That's why we need to dump this dufus. Not easy but like fishing, give him enough line to tire hisself out then reel him in. You fish?
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2019, 07:16 PM
    the WH squelched any real investigations to get a SCOTUS pick through. Why are you okay with that? If evidence is not looked at in the first place how do YOU claim him innocent of anything?
    Were you out of the country when the Senate held its hearing on Kavanaugh?

He is innocent until proven guilty. You have it backwards. Besides, the testimony against him was total nonsense, just like this recent NY Times article.
    Expert

Sep 19, 2019, 07:30 PM
    We won't know until a credible finding of fact is launched. Foolish and naïve to think the Kavanaugh hearings were credible, more a half a$$ thrown together appearance of one. Maybe it passed your sniff test, but you're still holding your nose from 2016, but it stunk up the whole system.

Innocent until proven guilty is a great law principle, but if you stop the process of proving then you break the law. Criminals use to whack the witnesses, or scare them off, but this dufus just calls them names and ignores them. He has plenty of appointed sycophants to do his dirty work.
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2019, 07:46 PM
    So Hillary is fine because she when through a hearing, but Kavanaugh went through a hearing and is not fine. I wonder if the fact that one is a dem and one a repub has anything to do with your sense of legalities and fairness?
    Expert

Sep 20, 2019, 03:54 AM
    More of you're false equivalency arguments? The Clintons and Hillary in particular went through decades of repub mudslinging and investigations. 6 repub congressional hearing into Bengahzi and you got nothing? Come on JL, Kavanaugh had one lousy half a$$ investigation that the dufus squelched, and YOU call that equal?

You wingers crack me up sometimes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Trump is making noise about taking Iraq's oil again... [ 22 Answers ]

Hello: Since he's NOW president, the Iraqi's BELIEVE him. Why wouldn't they?? Did he put our troops in danger? Our soldiers are fighting ISIS right alongside Iraqi forces.. If those forces get an inkling that the soldiers they're fighting WITH, are gonna TAKE their oil, how long will...

View more questions Search