Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Sep 14, 2019, 10:22 PM
    Yes, the Iranians attached Saudi Arabian oil processing facilities and that will be used as an excuse to jack up gas prices all around.....However, just this week, GUESS WHO JUST SURPASSED SAUDIA ARABIA AS THE WORLDS LARGEST OIL EXPORTER? Yep, you guessed it: THE UNITED STATES! So, Saudi Arabia and the whole sandstorm of hell called the Middle East just doesn't hold the same level of threat to us as it used to hold.....And I, for one, look forward to the day when we can tell Saudi Arabia, our ally who really hates our guts, to go pound, or better yet, go eat their damned sand.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2019, 04:55 AM
    Pence wasn't on vacation. He turned it into one so his boss would financially benefit.
    I have no idea why it would be OK to waste government money on a two week vacation to Hawaii but not OK to supposedly waste government money while on government business. That's a rather strange approach.

As to Pence, if you read the article then you found that he did not make the two night stay in order to benefit Trump. Do you really believe that Trump sat down with Pence and said, "I'm sending you over to Ireland for two nights so you can stay in one of my hotels. That way I can make a couple of grand off the government." Don't you think that's kind of far-fetched? If Trump wanted to make money off the government, why wouldn't he simply keep his presidential salary?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2019, 06:23 AM
    this is so comical . Trump lost money being President . I used to travel down the Hudson River Parkway to downtown NYC . Luxury Apartments with the Trump name lined the route . Now all of them have removed Trump's name . Retail stores stopped selling Trump brand merchandize . He lost NBC 's airing of Miss USA . Rates at Trump hotels dropped since his Presidency .
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...d9d_story.html

Even at Trump Tower occupancy dropped . The condo owners don't like all the secret service checks .

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ncy-rate-drops

There is more evidence of this on the web if you care to check and stop listening to Jerry Nadler's bleating .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 15, 2019, 08:40 AM
    Yes, Tom, Trump loses money being President. He always has lost money, no matter what deal he has made. Thus, his sly and not-so-sly greediness now and in the past. He didn't inherit any financial acumen from his father.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 15, 2019, 08:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    this is so comical . Trump lost money being President . I used to travel down the Hudson River Parkway to downtown NYC . Luxury Apartments with the Trump name lined the route . Now all of them have removed Trump's name . Retail stores stopped selling Trump brand merchandize . He lost NBC 's airing of Miss USA . Rates at Trump hotels dropped since his Presidency .
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...d9d_story.html

Even at Trump Tower occupancy dropped . The condo owners don't like all the secret service checks .

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ncy-rate-drops

There is more evidence of this on the web if you care to check and stop listening to Jerry Nadler's bleating .
    You make a great and compelling case for a rich guy chasing those dollars, because that's what a rich guy does. The fact he is president is pretty secondary to him, because it's just another way to promote his brand for profits, and lets face it, his brand NEEDS an infusion of cash and taxpayers are as good a cash cow as you can get, bar none!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 15, 2019, 09:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I have no idea why it would be OK to waste government money on a two week vacation to Hawaii but not OK to supposedly waste government money while on government business. That's a rather strange approach.
    Obama's vacations paid by taxpayers didn't put money in his pocket, a difference you ignore since the dufus has spent a third of the time where he can get cash into his businesses. or profit as capitalists call it.

As to Pence, if you read the article then you found that he did not make the two night stay in order to benefit Trump. Do you really believe that Trump sat down with Pence and said, "I'm sending you over to Ireland for two nights so you can stay in one of my hotels. That way I can make a couple of grand off the government." Don't you think that's kind of far-fetched? If Trump wanted to make money off the government, why wouldn't he simply keep his presidential salary?
    You could be right here, maybe it was Pence's idea to kiss the dufus a$$! Either way it's a profit for the dufus at taxpayer expense, and brownie points for Pence. Sorry but not far fetched at all given the outcome, MO'MONEY for the dufus.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 15, 2019, 09:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    You could be right here, maybe it was Pence's idea to kiss the dufus a$$! Either way it's a profit for the dufus at taxpayer expense, and brownie points for Pence. Sorry but not far fetched at all given the outcome, MO'MONEY for the dufus.
    From JL's link: Marc Short, Pence’s chief of staff, told reporters aboard Air Force Two earlier that the decision to stay at the Trump property was made at the president’s “suggestion”.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Sep 15, 2019, 11:37 AM
    Look, hating the rich because they are rich isn't right, either.....not a fan of Class Warfare......The "Lower Class" will never be in a position to grab all the riches of the "Rich".....this is Marxist theory and it has never worked.....look at all the multi-millionaires in communist China......We can not expect to destroy all rich people for the gain of the Middle Class or poor.....this stuff is Biblical and it was here long before us and will remain long after we are gone!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 15, 2019, 11:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Look, hating the rich because they are rich isn't right, either.....not a fan of Class Warfare......The "Lower Class" will never be in a position to grab all the riches of the "Rich".....this is Marxist theory and it has never worked.....look at all the multi-millionaires in communist China......We can not expect to destroy all rich people for the gain of the Middle Class or poor.....this stuff is Biblical and it was here long before us and will remain long after we are gone!
    "Hating the rich"???? How do you know I'm not one of them? What happens to that wealth when they die?
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2019, 12:35 PM
    Yes, Tom, Trump loses money being President. He always has lost money, no matter what deal he has made. Thus, his sly and not-so-sly greediness now and in the past. He didn't inherit any financial acumen from his father.
    So he built a multi-billion dollar business by LOSING money? Where did you get your MBA?

TDS. You really need to get some help with that.

Obama's vacations paid by taxpayers didn't put money in his pocket, a difference you ignore since the dufus has spent a third of the time where he can get cash into his businesses. or profit as capitalists call it.
    Oh. OK, I think I get it now. It's alright to take vacations with taxpayer money and thus waste taxpayer money (especially if you're last name is Obama), but not OK to have a government official spend a night in a hotel and make a profit off of government business. Well yes, that makes perfectly good sense. So glad you explained that.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 15, 2019, 12:40 PM
    So he built a multi-billion dollar business by LOSING money? Where did you get your MBA?

TDS. You really need to get some help with that.
    My M isn't a BA.

Oh, he's not poor. He's cheated and stolen from and underpaid and not paid many people in order to keep a great part of his money. If he'd carefully invested instead of losing money on all those ill-managed start-ups, he'd be a lot richer than he is now. Oh, well. He'll be history soon.
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2019, 12:49 PM
    Oh, he's not poor. He's cheated and stolen from and underpaid and not paid many people in order to keep a great part of his money. If he'd carefully invested instead of losing money on all those ill-managed start-ups, he'd be a lot richer than he is now. Oh, well. He'll be history soon.
    I can handle why people don't like Trump. Heck, I don't like him, but it doesn't help your cause when you just start throwing around baseless charges. First you make the charge that he lost money all his life which is plainly absurd. Then you have to backtrack and suggest he stole money, cheated employees, and so forth. Just throwing around accusations in the vain hope that one might actually stick is what's wrong with the dem party now. The truth is that he has made a boatload of money over the past decades by making smart business decisions. Was he dishonest in some ways? I imagine he was, just like we can say the same about Mr. Obama who you loved with great passion. If you want to have some standards, then I would hope you would apply them across the board.

If he'd carefully invested instead of losing money on all those ill-managed start-ups, he'd be a lot richer than he is now.
    You have no idea if that is true or not. It is complete conjecture. Wild guesswork.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 15, 2019, 01:08 PM
    You have no idea if that is true or not. It is complete conjecture. Wild guesswork.
    "Donald Trump’s net worth has grown about 300% to an estimated $4 billion since 1987, according to a report by the Associated Press. But the real estate mogul would have made even more money if he had just invested in index funds. The AP says that, if Trump had invested in an index fund in 1988, his net worth would be as much as $13 billion."
    https://fortune.com/2015/08/20/donal...p-index-funds/

Here's a list of ten of his businesses that failed:
    https://www.toptenz.net/10-of-donald...ely-failed.php

He stiffed contractors and underpays employees. (Why do you think he hires illegal immigrants -- so he doesn't have to pay them much.) --
    https://fortune.com/2016/10/08/donal...s-contractors/

"You know, the truth is I have a lot of illegals working for me in Miami,” he told them, using the term for undocumented immigrants those in the meeting found offensive. “You know in Miami, my golf course is tended by all these Hispanics — if it wasn’t for them my lawn wouldn’t be the lawn it is; it’s the best lawn,” Pacheco recalled Trump saying.
    Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...#ixzz5zcz0FC69
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2019, 01:38 PM
    [QUOTE]
    "Donald Trump’s net worth has grown about 300% to an estimated $4 billion since 1987, according to a report by the Associated Press. But the real estate mogul would have made even more money if he had just invested in index funds. The AP says that, if Trump had invested in an index fund in 1988, his net worth would be as much as $13 billion."
    https://fortune.com/2015/08/20/donal...p-index-funds/

Here's a list of ten of his businesses that failed:
    https://www.toptenz.net/10-of-donald...ely-failed.php

He stiffed contractors and underpays employees. (Why do you think he hires illegal immigrants -- so he doesn't have to pay them much.) --
    https://fortune.com/2016/10/08/donal...s-contractors/

Well done! You have started dealing with facts.

To the first point, HC claimed DT started with 14 mil in 1975. If he was worth 4 bil in 2015, then that's a growth of about 28,500%, which is pretty doggone good I would think. He, of course, claims he is worth much more than 4 bil.

I'm sure he had businesses that failed. That seems to be part of the process. When I've shown a net worth increase over 20,000%, I'll get with him and let him know how foolish that is.

Sorry, but your third article is just second hand conjecture. Nothing of substance is in the article. If Trump had ever publicly acknowledged the hiring of illegal aliens, he would have been prosecuted. It is illegal.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 15, 2019, 02:11 PM
    He's lied, cheated, and stolen to make some of that profit. So Christian of him.... Oh yeah, he's a baby Christian

Did you read about the businesses that failed? Stoopid. Greasy steak sold in black gift boxes through The Sharper Image??? The quest for urine samples to create vitamins??? You just can't make this stuff up!

As for the third link, there are more like that.
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2019, 02:47 PM
    He's lied, cheated, and stolen to make some of that profit. So Christian of him.... Oh yeah, he's a baby Christian
    Are you as equally offended by Mr. Obama's lying? I'd really like to hear you answer that one. Are you?

I've never suggested Mr. Trump was a Christian.

Did you read about the businesses that failed? Stoopid. Greasy steak sold in black gift boxes through The Sharper Image??? The quest for urine samples to create vitamins??? You just can't make this stuff up!
    How many businesses have you started? Probably about as many as I have.

You mean second-hand gossip column material like that one?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2019, 03:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post

Firstly, noone should get judgemental about someone's professed beliefs since we all love to call others hypocrites.
    Secondly, there is one born every minute, have you been to see the egress yet?
    Thirdly, some businesses are less kosher than others. In the Trump family this appears to be particularly so.

I can go to the supermarket and buy greasy steak or I can order it online, it really depends on how big a fool I am today. It is true that Trump has more failed business ventures than I have, but then noone gave me a start of a million dollars but I was instilled to tell the truth and thus I may not succeed often
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 15, 2019, 04:01 PM
    Are you as equally offended by Mr. Obama's lying? I'd really like to hear you answer that one. Are you?
    Trump's up to at least 6000 since taking office.

I've never suggested Mr. Trump was a Christian.
    Many conservatives believe he is one.

How many businesses have you started? Probably about as many as I have.
    Three.
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2019, 04:13 PM
    Trump's up to at least 6000 since taking office.
    Evasive as always. You dodged the question. Disappointing. Courage is required here.

Many conservatives believe he is one.
    Just like many liberals believe Mr. Obama was a Christian. What's your point?

As to businesses, I started two. Neither was successful.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2019, 05:11 PM
    it doesn't matter

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Trump is making noise about taking Iraq's oil again... [ 22 Answers ]

Hello: Since he's NOW president, the Iraqi's BELIEVE him. Why wouldn't they?? Did he put our troops in danger? Our soldiers are fighting ISIS right alongside Iraqi forces.. If those forces get an inkling that the soldiers they're fighting WITH, are gonna TAKE their oil, how long will...

View more questions Search