Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lulu4114 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2019, 08:49 AM
    Birthday text message to my former driving instructor?
    Hi everyone,
    So I'd like some advice from you.

I took my driving license 5 months ago and I had the best instructor ever. We got along very well. He was such a nice person. We were always laughing and talking about many things during the lessons. We also chatted on the phone a couple of times cause I always had so many questions and he was always like "call me again if you need". He also told me once that he'd like every student to be as determined and hardworking as me and when I took my license he told me that I've been super funny lol.
    Btw short introduction just to say that I felt like we created such a nice connection.

So, the point here is: one day we were talking about birthdays and he told me that this year he has his bday on Friday the 13th. We joked about it and hoped that nothing happens (lol).

From the day I took my license I've never seen him again, but the fact that he has his bday on such a "famous" day made me remember it. So, since it is right around the corner and that at that time we joked about it, I thought about sending him a text message to wish him happy bday. I'm sure he would remember me, no doubt about it. This is not meant to contact him again or anything, it's just an idea that I had since we talked about it.

Would you do it?
    Let me know.
    Thanks everyone.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 4, 2019, 09:01 AM
    Yes, I'd do it, a short "happy birthday from your former driving student. I hope today is lucky for you" -- or a similar message.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Sep 4, 2019, 06:02 PM
    I second Wondergirl's advice: A friendly message is harmless and will not likely be misinterpreted...do it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 4, 2019, 08:10 PM
    Just be yourself and do what you think you should and deal with what happens, or doesn't. One can never know how small innocent gestures are taken by others. You sound a bit smitten to me and hopeful.
    Lulu4114 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2019, 11:34 PM
    Thanks for your advice!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What message is hidden in this text message? [ 11 Answers ]

I just meet a girl I like in past 2 months. Recently we had more contacts as we studied together. I had written a letter to the girl, asking if there are any possibilities between me and her to be a couple in future ( I do this because if there is no possibilities, I won't continue to pursue her,...

Should I text my ex boyfriend a birthday wish? [ 10 Answers ]

Should I text my ex boyfriend a birthday wish? When we first got to know each other he was my everlasting crush till something happened and we had this huge fight. There wasn’t anything between us yet. But I liked him anyway even though we stopped talking for 4 months. Then later on my birthday he...

I have one chance, one text message, on his birthday to win him back. What do I say [ 25 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend and I have been through a lot. We broke up 8 months ago, didn't talk for a while, and then started talking again. Then on new years this year I went to Montreal with my friends, and one of my friends stayed home. She ended up hooking up with him, and everyone got mad at them. I was...

Should I become a driving instructor? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been in a n office job for far too long, I'm 25 and want to do something else, something to increase my earning power and also something to give me a sense of achievement. I think learning to do this will make me happier because I will be helping others to achieve. I have also been told...

Birthday message [ 2 Answers ]

I once in love with a person in fact I still love her,it lives after all this years,since we broke up and it was my fauly though,I screwed it up but it was just a sily mistake I did,I never got the chnce to talk to her,meet her up,its like we'v lost contact.I was wondering if she feels the same way...

View more questions Search