Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kkeller Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2019, 11:25 AM
    Puppy Seems Bored Of it's Food
    My puppy is about 6 months old, she has been with me for 3 months and suddenly she has stopped eating her food. She will eat but not eating nearly enough for a growing puppy. We have tried adding chicken and she will eat that but it get expensive super fast and adds extra proteins making it too much for her to be eating. She has an extremely sensitive stomach, she will still eat her treats and anything she can find on the floor. People say dogs can't get bored of their food but I really think she is just bored of her food, please help
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2019, 07:47 PM
    Puppies can be like children who won't eat their veggies for dinner if they know after they are getting ice cream. Try not giving her any snacks or people food for a couple of days, my bet is her bowl will be empty after 18 to 36 hours.

If this is the case, then try only allowing treats and other foods once a day or less, but on a schedule or as training incentives during training time.

Sometimes adding a little water to soften hard food can help if it is a texture thing

You can try a little fat or broth to make it smell like people food, to trick them if you're still having trouble. To much is no good either though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy will not eat dry dog food [ 2 Answers ]

WEe have tried adding treats, bacon, pumpkin, other treats. She manages to get ariound the dry dog food and just eat treats

My puppy won't eat dry food. [ 1 Answers ]

My 13 week old German Shepard puppy will not eat her kibble. I've taken her to the vet and she is healthy. I have tried several brands of kibble including what she was fed by the breeder I am really getting worried. I have tried wetting her food, putting a tablespoon of wet and even chicken broth...

Puppy food [ 4 Answers ]

Is it true that as my puppy gets older, he should be fed LESS food? This question seems so stupid, as I would assume that the bigger a dog gets the more he needs to eat. But I just read something about the former.

Dry food or wet food for puppy? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I just got an 8 week old Daschund puppy and I'm not sure if I should give him wet food or dry food? Thank You. :confused:

Right Puppy Food [ 7 Answers ]

I just got a registered black lab puppy and he's two months old. I have had him for three weeks. He came to us on pedigree and now we switched him to purina, now he has the runs! So should I switch him back or is there a better brand I should feed him? Thank you

View more questions Search