Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    honeybun35 Posts: 221, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2019, 07:10 AM
    Do you think it's not meant to be/
    This weekend my fwb and I were trying to get together all weekend. Last Friday
    we couldn't because the next morning he had to be somewhere for the wedding he was in. Yesterday on Labor day I text him in ref in seeing him today. When I did text him he called me but he wanted to see me then. I couldn't because I had to pick my daughter up for work and drop off my granddaughter off. If I had of known he wanted to see me then I would have made other arrangements prior to that. I didn't know he was going to want to see me right then and there but I was already occupied.

opions
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 3, 2019, 07:45 AM
    Scheduling glitch. No more no less. Back in the day we solved scheduling glitches far in advance, and had regular date nights that we scheduled activities AROUND, and it would seem that would be your solution rather than a random last minute thing. We also had the less formal quickie that many busy couples use to scratch an itch and move along with their busy lives and obligations.

It would seem that two mature people would go with those old school solutions and avoid these scheduling conflicts as much as possible, but if a booty call or quickie is a lower priority than anything else, or a last minute impulsive thing, then I can see the conflict that can cause. So what's wrong with you both making time for your booty calls. and ending the frustration and appearance of not having time for each other? It's as simple as that in my book even for just FWB. Even friends make time to enjoy each others company.

Surprised you've never thought of this before, and treated your sexcapades as dutifully as you treat other areas of your activity filled lives.

Sep 3, 2019, 07:57 AM
    I agree 100% You're absolutely. I will suggest that.I was doing that when I texted him about today though but he jumped and was already ready. I wasn't expecting it being that it was a holiday.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 3, 2019, 09:51 AM
    Why don't you call each other and make plans for your next meeting. It is really not that difficult to do. Do you ever talk to each other aside from meeting up for sex?

Sep 3, 2019, 12:18 PM
    yes we do. Actually today did work out. we are meeting as soon as I get off of work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not sure what he meant [ 1 Answers ]

So I started "talking" to or dating this guy a few weeks ago and now he's unemployed but has been busy lately with this event we have to go to next week, school applications,etc. I was texting him and here's what happened, Me; "Lmao yea i'm not gonna lie i was excited cause i thought you'd have...

Meant to be.. Or? [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my question. I have been with the same person for several years now, sadly I know especially lately it has no more potential. For reasons I won't get into because my question does not deal with him. Recently I got reunited with someone who I haven't seen or talked to in years, and it...

It meant nothing ! [ 13 Answers ]

Split up with a partner, together a while, but the time spent together meant nothing to her ! She said it had been fun while it lasted. Eh! Why deceive me... It was either just a bit of fun or more than that, she always pushed for marriage, how can that just be a bit of fun? Can't come to...

He's been meant to me [ 3 Answers ]

I need all the advice I can get. This guy I'm going to call nick is driving me insane. I love him and he doesn't even like me. He knows how I feel and doesn't seem to care. I have tried to talk to him about it but he has seemed kind of distant lately. So I don't know what to do. He is also being a...

View more questions Search