Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Aug 31, 2019, 06:36 PM
    Missing 411
    Has anyone on this site ever heard of a book called MISSING 411, authored by Mr. David Paulides?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 31, 2019, 06:48 PM
    Paulides? Missing 411 is a series of eight books, each with its own subtitle.

Aug 31, 2019, 07:00 PM
    WG: Yes, I know, but have you read any of them, by chance? Also, thank you for the correction on the spelling of his name!

BTW: I love your WG acronym for Wondergirl!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 31, 2019, 07:16 PM
    No, I haven't read any. According to summaries and reviews, the author tries to make the cases of missing persons more mysterious than they probably are.

Since I'm a librarian, I had chosen Wondergirl as my screen name here because that's what I did all day at work -- wondered about where certain books had disappeared to, wondered why patrons asked such difficult questions (did they lie in bed at night, thinking them up?), and wondered how did Melvil Dewey happen to come up with the cataloging system named after him. I also wondered if I would get the full fifteen minutes for my afternoon coffee break and wondered if Jerry, our library homeless guy, had enough funds for dinner.

So I'm WG and you're V7! There might be a rap song in that. :)

Aug 31, 2019, 08:02 PM
    WG: You might be right on that one about our acronyms!

Don't under-sale this Paulides author: He has well documented cases of missing people from all over. He started with the National Parks Service and U.S. National Parks: that is where the Missing 411 originated in that he found 411 cases of missing people in our National Parks System....any way you cut it, that is a ton of people! He also found evidence of the N.P.S. attempting to stymie his investigation of the disappearances. He makes some compelling points!

I know that I have wondered about the Dewey System before, too! Libraries always fascinated me...from when I was a pup until now....and it wasn't because I had a silly crush on our Librarian, Mrs. Lilly, in High School, either! I felt so ashamed of my lusty thoughts, especially after I met her husband: he was one of my favorite baseball coaches: I never knew it till I met him!

The university library was the most amazing MAZE I have ever been in....and the rudeness of those who were supposed to keep quiet within it, my fellow students, never seemed to be on hiatus....I felt like I had died and went to heaven once I entered into it the first time! So many things I wanted to know and look up!

BTW, WG: I enjoy the break from all the political talk....only so much of that I can take....and I feel so helpless and ineffectual in the grand scheme of things....whatever will be, will be, and the this old world will keep on turning, with or without us.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Something missing ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently in a relationship with a guy of 2 and a half years. I love him dearly but something is missing, we are both still young and I would be distraught if anything would happen to him but the truth is I think I may have fallen out of love with him. He has done some silly things in...

Something is Missing [ 3 Answers ]

I have been carrying an old baggage for two years and It seems I don't know how to let it go. I dated a guy for six years and he dumped me for another girl. I spent the last year in a half trying to get over it. Then one day, I met an amazing man, who I love very much. He and I have been dating for...

Missing persons accra ghana Looking for Labrams Osman missing since Feb 12, 4:30pm [ 13 Answers ]

5ft.7in appox. 130lbs long dark brown hair caucasian, very attractive Labanon decent.

Keep missing my period and getting it and then missing again [ 2 Answers ]

I have missed my period for 2 or 3 months and then it came back in August and now I missed it again in September. I am 17 years old

Missing Something? [ 1 Answers ]

My ex and I have a 18 month old son and we broke up in June. He was hearing rumors about me cheating with one of his friends. But they were not true. Told him but don't think he believed me. So he ends up seeing some other girl that I end up find out about. So I ended up leaving him and moving to...

View more questions Search