Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amanullahaman20 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2019, 03:23 AM
    Why we use concrete for construction ? How it make and what mesure it's mixer?
    How it make and what mesure it's mixer?
    Specter1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Aug 31, 2019, 07:54 AM
    Concrete is a man-made cast stone that is made of gravel, sand, and Portland Cement that forms the foundation of nearly all permanent construction, and a form of it has been used since the Roman Empire. It is commonly reinforced with steel bars or steel mesh although some mixes may contain fiberglass. Common cement typically has a compressive strength of 2500-3000 pounds per square foot (psf). Other specialized mixes may have compressive strength up to 7500 psf. Concrete differs from mortar and stucco in that mortar and stucco do not contain gravel and have a higher percentage of lime.

Wikipedia defines Portland Cement as "the most common type of cement in general use around the world as a basic ingredient of concrete, mortar, stucco, and non-specialty grout. It was developed from other types of hydraulic lime in England in the mid 19th century, and usually originates from limestone. It is a fine powder, produced by heating limestone and clay minerals in a kiln to form clinker, grinding the clinker, and adding 2 to 3 percent of gypsum."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portland_cement
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_concrete
    amanullahaman20 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2019, 11:09 PM
    Thanks for the answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Suspended concrete floor construction [ 5 Answers ]

Am pouring a 7.25"x30'x48' 4500psi foot suspended floor. Perimeter is 4000psi @8" wide concrete with an 8" wide concrete dividing wall Centered at 24' on the 48' splitting the 48' into two pads spanning effectively 28.625'x23'. Concrete is re-enforced with #4 rebar at 4 foot intervals around...

How many bags of ready mix concrete to make 1 1/2 yards of concrete? [ 2 Answers ]

How many 80lb bags of ready mix concrete do I need to make a yard and half

Concrete construction [ 5 Answers ]

I recently poured a garage floor. I have some acne (real bad) and would like to know the best and most durable way to patch these scars. The area is about 40 sq ft and some scars are about 1.5 in deep(yea, it got away from me).

Construction on concrete slab [ 3 Answers ]

I have a rather large garage (30' x 30') with a concrete slab floor. I want to build a laundry room and bathroom in one corner of the garage. Are there problems I may encounter in doing this?

Concrete Block Wall Construction [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking at putting in a cinder block wall (50' x 6'). It is in Calif. And in a no freeze area. What is needed for the footing? Depth, width, filler, and re-bar? I think that it needs to be 12" deep and 16" wide with 6" of crushed rock as the base, not sure on the re-bar requirement. How...

View more questions Search