Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Plumpandcute Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2019, 11:49 AM
    water Heater
    My water heater is not filling up, and none of the faucets have any hot water coming out
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 30, 2019, 01:03 PM
    How do you know its not filling up? It may have water but noy heating it. Gas or electric, make model, and serial number would be a huge help.
    Specter1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Aug 30, 2019, 10:49 PM
    "My water heater is not filling up, and none of the faucets have any hot water coming out"

If the water heater is not filling up then the water supply has been turned off. Check the valve at the top of the tank to make sure it is open fully. There is a tiny possibility that there may be a blockage in the line if you are on well water or live in an area with very high mineral content in your water supply. If the supply valve is open but you are not getting any water at the taps then try draining the tank to remove any sediment. Turn off the gas or electricity (or power to the fuel pump on the exceedingly rare occasion you might have an oil fired water heater).

Put a garden hose on the spigot at the bottom of the water heater and run the hose outside, then open the spigot to let the water and sediment flush out of the bottom of the tank. Let the water run until it comes out clear then shut it off at the spigot. Turn the power back on, or with a gas water heater turn on the gas and follow the lighting instructions on the tank label near where the gas line comes in. Check the faucets and see if any water is coming out of the hot water side. Keep in mind it will take an hour or two for the water to come out hot since you just drained the whole tank. If you are still not getting any water flow on the hot side then it is time to call a plumber.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing a 4500 watts water heater for a 11 kw tank less water heater. Any problem? [ 4 Answers ]

The water heater in my house 4500 watts @ 230v. I am replacing it with a Titan tank less water heater model N-120, which is rated at 11 KW @ 230 V. My main beaker is 150 amps, the panel is rated at 200 amps. Any problems with the main breaker?

The water heater nipples leak at the union of the water heater. Not the flex lines. [ 2 Answers ]

We installed a water heater and we attached the nipples using sealing tape. The nipples leak where attached to the heater. The threads are clean and even on the nipples and feel the same on the inside of the water heater. What could be causing them to leak?

No or very slow hot water from gas water heater, heater makes lot of sounds [ 1 Answers ]

There is problem with our hot water system, not getting hot water while as cold water is OK. Starting hot water there is lot of explosion sort of sounds from water cylinder and hot water will start dribbling and stops after some time.

Water heater leak (cold side only) where the nipple meets the water heater [ 9 Answers ]

I just bought a water heater and completely installed it. When I turned on the water supply, a very very very slow drip can be observed where the cold water nipple screws into the water heater. I shut off the water, relieved the pressure and unscrewed the nipple. I then re-apply the teflon tape...

Tankless water heater versus regular water heater [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know basic water heater tank maintenance

View more questions Search