Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Aug 25, 2019, 08:27 PM
    Tilt bolt vs. Rotating bolt
    Just wanting to know your opinions about Tilting Bolts Vs Rotating Bolts in Semi-Automatics? I like the Tilting Bolts from a simplicity and reliability standpoint and I feel that they are better "systems".....am I missing something?
    Specter1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Aug 27, 2019, 09:33 PM
    I am not sure what you mean by "tilting bolt" unless you might be referring to a lever action rifle, and a "rotating bolt" generally refers to a bolt action rifle, and neither are semi-automatic. Most lower powered semi-automatic rifles use a recoil system to force the bolt backwards to discharge the spent round and load a new one, while higher powered use a gas system to operate a piston that rotates the bolt and moves the bolt backwards. I suggest reviewing the attached link for the Washington Hunters Education Program for basic details.

https://www.hunter-ed.com/washington...001_700046627/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rounded Hex Bolt [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2002 toyota corolla and I'm replacing the head gasket and the cylinder head bolts call for a hex bit,and now two of the head bolts are rounded out and there's noway of getting a socket that removes rounded bolts on it so I'm stuck.so if anyone can give me any tips on how to remove these...

Stuck bolt [ 4 Answers ]

Im trying to remove the bolt that's holding my brother-inlaws mower blade and it is stuck. I know what Im doing as I maintained a large landscaping companies mowers for 3 years but we had impact wrenches so I never had to deal with this. Ill have access to air tools on Monday but I want to get this...

Johhni bolt [ 2 Answers ]

What is a Johhni bolt, how much does it usuallly cost, where is it used installing a tiolet?

View more questions Search