Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Aug 24, 2019, 06:19 PM
    M1 carbine for protection
    What is the opinion of those on here about the M1 Carbine in terms of its capacity to satisfy the needs of self-defense? Is it reliable, accurate, etc.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 24, 2019, 06:43 PM
    nope, self defense where? in the jungle? on a mountain?

We think of self defense on the street, in your car, or at home.

Home a shot gun, with short barrel and pistol grip is one of the best, along with a handgun (perhaps a 40)

In the car or home, it has to be a handgun, but one that you can actually carry, and one you will carry everyday. It may be a smaller one but a large one you don't carry is worthless.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 24, 2019, 06:46 PM
    Self defense from what?
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Aug 24, 2019, 07:13 PM
    I got you......In my state, S.C., you are allowed to kill intruders into your home or vehicle without fear of legal issues and that is your best recourse because an injured man can hurt or kill you or sue you later (there is always an ambulance chaser who will try and get a jury to sympathize for a scumbag even though he initiated the event).....Its been a debate of mine between the shotgun and the M1 Carbine in terms of lethality: The M1 is battle proven but it will also penetrate walls and get after those you are trying to protect......Shotgun is probably best! Thanks!
    Specter1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Aug 24, 2019, 07:25 PM
    An M-1 is a fine combat weapon but not the best choice for home defense, unless you are defending against roaming hordes of zombies. Try a shotgun instead.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Protection of cd/dvd [ 1 Answers ]

How we can burn cd/dvd with right protect that nobody can copy only can read.

Cd protection [ 6 Answers ]

I have written 100 c++ programs and I want to save them all including a turbo c++ software in a cd. Can you help me in making this cd copy protected which my friends could use but could not make copy of my cd or save the contents of my cd onto their computers.

Protection [ 4 Answers ]

Can I protect folders?

View more questions Search