Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 24, 2019, 10:06 AM
    So where is the big infrastructure building projects like the one the repubs nixed because it was paid for by raising taxes on the rich by .05 cents? Moscow Mitch was scuttled that one too!

Supply side economics can only work when there is the mechanism to increase demand. Yeah tell me the lie about how it pays for itself again without main street investing in a consumer driven economy. Or it's just another tool for LEGAL stealing, by greedy rich guys to invest in themselves making MO'MONEY.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2019, 10:13 AM
    what about them ? The emperor had a massive 0.8 trillion dollar infrastructure plan ,mostly fixing pot holes. That did nothing to stimulate the economy . Throw Keynesian theory in the trash heap of history . You cannot tax and spend your way to prosperity . A pox on all these federally funded "infrastructure " programs. Call it what it really is …...PORK
    Expert

Aug 24, 2019, 10:34 AM
    Filling potholes is a full time 24/7 job. How long do you think it took for Eisenhower to build all those highways? You call it PORK, I call it perpetual growth.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 24, 2019, 11:12 AM
    Or we can copy India and kill two birds with one stone:

https://www.thebetterindia.com/43685...rof-vasudevan/
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2019, 12:05 PM
    Yes statist do believe in the perpetual spending of other people's money .The interstate system was designed as a military project . It was an investment in the common defense . Those needs were fulfilled in the 1960s .
    Since then the system has become a government boondoggle to enrich political allies and usurp power over the states in violation of the Constitution. There is no Constitutional warrant for the Interstate System as it now exists.
    Article I, Section 8, Clause 7 ;the postal clause allows for some roads ...not ambitious pork projects that usurp the powers of the states . So no .I do not believe in some central budgeting system for road construction and repair .

Even some of your left of center nations realize that there is a better way . It is called Public-Private projects where new roads are funded privately ,and tolls are collected for their use. Toll collection is getting easier by the day with less of a burden on the driver .I drive down miles of highways without ever actually having to stop at a booth. I have an ez pass . But now NY state is redesigning license plates to make them easier for the technology to read. And the best part of it is that the people who actually use the roads pay for them instead of the funding coming out of some massive porkulus spending bill .
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2019, 01:04 PM
    WG no concern about bisphenol A seepage ;or the release of other chemicals that are used in the production of plastics (especially gases )?
    Over time, as the road weathers, the plastic will break down into micro particles of plastic and enter the environment releasing the various chemicals used in their original production. I think enviromentalists are cheering this innovation now ;but will second guess their support down the road. I would also like to know the skid resistant nature of plastics compared to standard asphalt Roads that incorporate recycled glass in with the asphalt cannot be driven on at the same speeds ie no highways only local roads .

Expert

Aug 24, 2019, 03:44 PM
    Well Tom we can always just shutdown the government and let the capitalists run the place. Like they do under the table any way. They run the EPA, Education, Commerce, Energy and probably a lot more. Any of 'em do disaster relief?

Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    WG no concern about bisphenol A seepage ;or the release of other chemicals that are used in the production of plastics (especially gases )?
    Over time, as the road weathers, the plastic will break down into micro particles of plastic and enter the environment releasing the various chemicals used in their original production. I think enviromentalists are cheering this innovation now ;but will second guess their support down the road. I would also like to know the skid resistant nature of plastics compared to standard asphalt Roads that incorporate recycled glass in with the asphalt cannot be driven on at the same speeds ie no highways only local roads .

They tried to use coal ash and that was a disaster. Don't fire those pot hole fillers just yet. Does insurance cover your car being totaled by a pothole?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2019, 04:14 PM
    They run the EPA, Education, Commerce, Energy and probably a lot more.
    There is no way that is true.
    Expert

Aug 24, 2019, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    There is no way that is true.
    How would you know? Even the ones that resigned in scandal were lobbyist for the industries they now regulate.
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2019, 06:03 PM
    How would you know? Even the ones that resigned in scandal were lobbyist for the industries they now regulate.
    You can't seriously suggest that the policies of the EPA, Fed. Dept. of Ed, etc, in any way reflect capitalist philosophy.
    Expert

Aug 24, 2019, 07:06 PM
    That's exactly what I'm saying. Except the Fed. They're supposed to be independent, but the dufus publicly tries to micromanage that too. The rest are run by industry sympathizers.
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2019, 07:05 AM
    That's exactly what I'm saying. Except the Fed. They're supposed to be independent, but the dufus publicly tries to micromanage that too. The rest are run by industry sympathizers.
    Which policies by the EPA are capitalist based? That department has been know for decades to be a nest of liberal extremists. Same is true of Dept. of Ed. I had to live under their ridiculous policies for years. If you think they are capitalist based, then you have no understanding of capitalism.
    Expert

Aug 25, 2019, 07:43 AM
    Geez JL, at least recognize that things have changed an awful lot in the last 3 years since the dufus came in with his own swamp critters. I survived and thrived and did my thing under repubs many times, so buck up and get over it. Come on you got what you want and still ain't happy?

That's YOUR problem not mine.
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2019, 09:23 AM
    it is one thing to change appointed administrative heads . It is another thing to change an entrenched culture in a beurocracy. That takes many years . The civil service system makes them the permanent state . All they need to do is outlast elected officials
    Expert

Aug 25, 2019, 11:06 AM
    So those appointed cabinet heads cannot effect policy? I beg to differ and can say they can and do CONTROL the policy, if not the culture.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2019, 12:40 PM
    They sure can take taxpayer money that doesn't belong to them and use it for personal gratification. Trump tends to hire grifters like himself.
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2019, 01:00 PM
    policy can reduce their impact . But the only true way is to reduce the size of the beurocracy.
    For every Sally Yates who openly defied and got fired ,there are thousands entrenched who are refusing to comply or surreptitiously working within to sabotage the agenda. Some even signed up for civil disobedience classes . I agree with you .They should do their job as directed or go find something else to do . I say we could cut the whole civilian force in half and have no impact on the "services " they perform
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2019, 01:13 PM
    Geez JL, at least recognize that things have changed an awful lot in the last 3 years since the dufus came in with his own swamp critters. I survived and thrived and did my thing under repubs many times, so buck up and get over it. Come on you got what you want and still ain't happy?
    Like I said, what policies?
    Expert

Aug 25, 2019, 01:57 PM
    Like I said, what policies?
    Explained before TWICE now with several links.

policy can reduce their impact . But the only true way is to reduce the size of the beurocracy.
    For every Sally Yates who openly defied and got fired ,there are thousands entrenched who are refusing to comply or surreptitiously working within to sabotage the agenda. Some even signed up for civil disobedience classes . I agree with you .They should do their job as directed or go find something else to do . I say we could cut the whole civilian force in half and have no impact on the "services " they perform
    That's a rather broad statement and Yates wasn't fired for disobeying a LAWFULL order, it was found unlawful by 4 federal judges. Nice spin though as usual but we all remember that the travel ban was changed to comply with the law, after all kinds of chaos. LOL, even the dufus's closest people have ignored his ill conceived ignorant orders, as detailed in the Mueller Report.

Even his boy Lewandowsky said no way! Come on TOM.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many electors at the Electrol College [ 1 Answers ]

If a state has four Congressional districts (sends four members to the house of Representatives), how many electors does it have representing it at the Electoral College?

View more questions Search