Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    torchdeville Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2019, 12:44 PM
    How do I get title for a mobile home that was sold but never transferred?
    I manage mobile home park in Iowa. I sold a fixer upper mobile home to a gentleman, he paid for it and was given a bill of sale and I signed off on the title and he was suppose to go straight to the courthouse and have the title transferred into his name.
    He never had it transferred. He paid for one months lot rent when he purchased the mobile home and never paid anymore lot rent and I was never able to get a hold of him
    so I filed for eviction and won the eviction in court which he never showed up for. Meanwhile no one can locate him and I would like to get another title for the mobile home which is still in the park and no money has been paid on what is owed which is more than the trailer is worth. I have someone who is interested in buying the mobile home how do I go about getting a new title for it? can I claim it as abandoned? The title is still in the parks name. can I get a duplicate title for it?
    Specter1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Aug 20, 2019, 05:58 PM
    If he never recorded the transfer of title, then just file with your state DMV for a duplicate title. In the unlikely event he comes around wanting his trailer just show him a copy of the judgement for non-payment of rent for the space and tell him to get the hell off of your property.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can title insurance help with getting a title on a mobile home in New York [ 3 Answers ]

When my son purchased his mobile home the real estate agency never transferred the title to him & the bank gave him a loan even though they should have requested the title. This happened 8 yrs. Ago. He is trying to sell it but can't because he doesn't have the title. The real estate agency has been...

Can a mobile home park sell a mobile home without a title California? [ 2 Answers ]

Can a mobile home park sell you a mobile home without a title and if they do, do they have to give you the money back on the mobile. If you give them enough time to get the title and they will not repay you on the mobilehome. If you found another mobile home and you requested the money back and...

How much time do I have to give before I can repossess a mobile home that I sold and [ 1 Answers ]

How much time do I have to give before I can repossess a mobile home that I sold and the person is now in breach of contract. I have giving a seven day notice already ? This is in Iowa.

I am being sued for a mobile home I sold because after the sale they are saying the p [ 3 Answers ]

I sold a mobile home for my father and they are now 2 and a half months later claiming the furnace is broke and the water pipes are broke do to no heat in the winter but we had it winterized. They bought it for $2000.00 and are sueing for the full amount back even though they have continued to live...

Title to mobile home and title to land is separate can it be sold on one deed [ 1 Answers ]

I moved into the country in a mobile home and started renting then a year later we decided to purchase the land and mobile home on contract. We have paid taxes and insurance on it. 2 years later we find the person selling it to us does not have the title to mobile home just to land. Does he have...

View more questions Search