Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Aug 17, 2019, 01:23 PM
    Central Air Conditioning / Settings Out of Sinc ??
    We have a Lennox Heating & Air Conditioning Unit , The A/C was added back in May.. Now that we're coming to the end of the Summer the Mrs. turned down the settings which may have upset a few things ?? We're trying to find a Happy Medium and Settings that would Benifical ?? I've turned the Unit off for now as I discovered a Condinsation Buildup on the Plenum leading out from the Main Unit.. From the Touch Screen Controls the Cool To reads 17'C / Heat To 12'C , Inside Humidity reads 44%.. Thoughts Opinions Appreciated, Cheers Thanks
    Specter1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Aug 17, 2019, 03:35 PM
    17`C??? Good lord, are you keeping cadavers for a funeral? Try setting it at 23`C for cooling and 20`C for heating. Your AC unit and your wallet will thank you. Condensation on the evaporator coils is normal, although there will be more when the humidity level is higher.

Aug 18, 2019, 05:30 AM
    Specter1.. Thanks for the Comeback, as I said this being our first season dealing with Central Air.. And I for One would rather the Household would just let the PreSet Points be...lol... And Yes 10-4 on Saving on the Wallet..lol...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 18, 2019, 08:14 AM
    44% humidity, and settings that are really cold is an invitation for condensation. How hot does it get where you are, and what's the ambient temp now outside. 25* C sounds about right for both heating and cooling. Much depends on the outside temp and relative humidity (Conditions).

Aug 18, 2019, 09:14 AM
    @Talinman.. With the amount of Condinsation that was formed I got Skunked with the Installation & Operating Manuals sopping up the water as they were sitting in the Archway of the Plenum coming out from the main unit.. Tried going on the Lennox website to No Avail as well but the Gear was just spinning endlessly..lol.. I'm just trying to find an economical Cool To & Heat To setting.. We're into the start of Fall like evenings , unit is turned off for now..
    Specter1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Aug 19, 2019, 07:54 AM
    "Specter1.. Thanks for the Comeback, as I said this being our first season dealing with Central Air.. And I for One would rather the Household would just let the PreSet Points be...lol... And Yes 10-4 on Saving on the Wallet..lol... "

Menopause can be a dreadful thing. Might I suggest a locking thermostat cover?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Honeywell...Guard/21799956

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central air conditioning [ 4 Answers ]

Fan outside for air conditioner won't work motor hot

Central Air conditioning [ 1 Answers ]

My 5 ton compressor is bad. Is it better to replace the compressor or replace the unit?

Upstairs vs Downstairs Air Conditioning Settings [ 3 Answers ]

My upstairs aircondition is set to 78 and the downstairs is set to 76 which I believe is correct. Issue is that upstairs seems much colder then 78 although the temp on the unit indicates otherwise. So my question is first, are the two degrees the appropriate settings and second, if it does seem...

Central Air Conditioning [ 1 Answers ]

I need to replace my home air conditioning system. Nice down stairs but upstairs terrible. It's the original system, 19 years old. My house is 2500 sq feet, 2 story. What's the best system I should buy? How many seer? I don't want to overbuy but upstairs is unbearable!!

Optimum settings for dual zone heating and air conditioning [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 5000 sqft home with dual natural gas furnaces and AC Units. The main unit covers the basement and main level of the home. And the second unit is installed in the attic above the bedroom level (3rd level). The thermostat for the main unit is in the family room and the thermostat for the...

View more questions Search