Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    faurpower Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2019, 09:18 AM
    I-joist spanning
    If I use a 11 1/2" I-joist can I span a 22' ceiling with 16" oc? It is for a room I am building in my barn. There won't we a lot of weight on the ceiling and I am a DIY that wants to make sure it won't fall down on me.
    Specter1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Aug 16, 2019, 10:15 AM
    According to the Forest Products Supply Company website 11-7/8 inch TJI 560 I-Joists can span 22'-4" spaced 19.2 inches apart or 23'-8" spaced 16 inches apart with a 40 psf live load and 20 psf dead load. The 19.2 inch spacing comes out to 5 I-Joists per 8 feet versus 6 I-Joists per 8 feet with 16 inch spacing.

https://www.fp-supply.com/st-louis-t...-i-joists.html
    Specter1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Aug 16, 2019, 10:24 AM
    As an alternative to I-Joists, you might want to look into a roof truss system designed to include storage. The roof framing and attic floor framing are all one assembled piece which would simplify construction greatly and be at a lower cost.

https://hw.menardc.com/main/store/20.../GABLEROOM.jpg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Joist [ 2 Answers ]

Is the bottom side of floor joist the tension side

Free spanning a load bearing interior wall [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know what size of lumber to use to free span acrss 16'6". It is an interior wall inside a new shop for a loft

Joist [ 4 Answers ]

How far apart should floor joist be

Multi volume spanning [ 2 Answers ]

Hai, Please let me know is there any software that can read the cd recorded in multiple sesssion. With Nero installed I am able to see it, but when use the CD in some other PC only the last volume is visible. I don't want to install NERO wherever I go. Kindly suggest me a good software. I...

View more questions Search