Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aedhot4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2019, 12:49 PM
    Multimeter
    When the two tips of the multimeter touched it caused the electricity in the house to flicker on and off. The multimeter was connected to nothing, just the ends touching. Why did it short out the electricity?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 5, 2019, 02:07 PM
    Coincidence. Try that again and see if you get the same results? All you're doing is zero the multimeter, depending on model by touching the ends together or on a piece of metal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

7-Function Digital Multimeter [ 8 Answers ]

See the picture of the 7 function digital multmeter where is section for testing current in a dyer power outlet. Is it ACV has 750 and 200? See picture

Multimeter how to use [ 1 Answers ]

This is a 7 function multmeter. To check a car battery you would move the dial To the DCV setting at number 20. I think the battery should show 12? Down on the right Hand corner there are three plugin outlets(See Attachment) do I put the positive in the first one And the negative to the second...

Testing outlet amperage with multimeter [ 2 Answers ]

Can you test the actual amperage of a 120v home outlet with a multimeter? When I plug in an appliance over 10amps in the 15amp outlet, the GFI kicks off. I want to test the outlet to see exactly how many amps are available. Thanks

Elec. Multimeter [ 2 Answers ]

I have a GBT-11 GB Instruments Multimeter for test outlets. I cannot seem to get it to clear after getting a reading. What am I doing wrong?

View more questions Search