Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2019, 06:40 PM
    another Treaty down
    one wonders if any treaty with the US is worth the paper it is written on. I can understand that Putin may not have placed much stock in a soviet era treaty and Trump is right to call him to account, however why has it taken the bright minds and strategic thinkers of the US so long to realise that the players have changed?

The legacy of Trump is fast becoming the legacy of NO! particularly no international treaties
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2019, 07:52 PM
    Oh please . Russia has wanted to end the INF treaty for years
    http://russianforces.org/blog/2006/0...ut_of_th.shtml

Their SSC-8 GLCMs deployed already violates the treaty . But the US announces that it plans to test intermediate range missiles signals the end . Damn Trump.

Maybe the useful idiots can take to the streets in a new nuclear freeze movement like they did in the 1980s when the US decided to counter deployed Soviet missiles with Pershing II's .

The Russian RS-26 Rubezh, which is expected to be declared operational soon. Will violate START II .Guess that will be Trump's fault too,

Hey I thought y'all though that Trump was Putin's puppet .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 2, 2019, 09:16 PM
    He still is, but I think keeping up with the Chinese and Russians on these weapon systems is the goal and rightfully so. Vlad wasn't honoring it any way, and China was free to do as they please so at least in this area the dufus isn't punked out, so let the arms race begin again.

You have any doubts the US hasn't already started a program in this regard of their own?
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2019, 02:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I think this might be further evidence of that, don't you?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2019, 03:05 AM
    Originally Posted by tomder55

I think this might be further evidence of that, don't you?
    How so ?
    if you think so then you are living in a looking glass world . The U.S.-Russia relationship has remained frosty throughout Trump’s presidency. He may say complementary things about Putin . But his policies do not match the rhetoric. He added layers of sanctions , expelled dozens of Russian diplomats ,provided lethal weapons to Ukraine and has had a much tougher stand against Russia than his predecessor who was in fact accommodationist . Here is a clue that I'm surprised you haven't figured out yet . Watch what he does ,not what he says . His diplomatic appointments reflect a much more traditional Republican attitude to Russia. The national security priorities have reflected views that Russia and China are competitors on the world stage. So if Putin was betting on Trump ,he bet on the wrong horse .
    Expert

Aug 3, 2019, 06:27 AM
    Even a broken watch is right twice a day, but no reason to wear the darn thing all day or a reason to depend on it. Will Huntsman, the current envoy stay or go? The dufus may of torn up this treaty, outdated and irrelevant because of the emerging Chinese, but he has also lifted sanctions against Russian companies because they took a sanctioned oligarch off the board, which in itself means nothing, and opens the door for a aluminum factory in Kentucky, a deal that's been in the making for a while, and we still have those nukes going to the Saudis against the rules, and against the congress, both deals enriching a sycophant of the dufus. I guess you think having a global leaders meeting on his property is a good things too.

I agree watch what he does, because he has done many things in his own interest and that of his friends that are not in the interest of the country.
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2019, 04:26 PM
    So if Putin was betting on Trump ,he bet on the wrong horse .
    This depends on what outcome he is betting on
    Expert

Aug 4, 2019, 07:53 AM
    Putin and Vlad are alike in that they are about MONEY in their pockets, and the power to control it in their favor. Nothing new.
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2019, 03:15 PM
    You could be right, Vlad is happy to control Europe, Trump is happy to control America, both know that they can't reach the other and in any case it would destroy all that lovely money

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

J-1 UK-US tax treaty [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am a UK national on a 2 year J-1 visa as a post-doc. I believed that under article 20A (I am conducting research) of the UK-US tax treaty that I would not have to pay tax while I am here. But the institution who is administrating the post-doc are withholding 14% tax on my stipend payment...

Tax treaty [ 3 Answers ]

I am a postdoc from Israel on a J1 visa. My DS-2019 form is for 3 years. We arrived on Feb2011. Am I elegible for the tax treaty? I understand the tax treaty for 2 years - so I'm OK. BUT - I understand that if the invitation is for more than 2 years than I'm in trouble. In fact, we do not intend...

Tax treaty between the US and the UK [ 6 Answers ]

I am a UK citizen that will be moving to the US to take up a research position in 2010. I will be in the US on a J-1 visa as a "Research Scholar" and will receive a stipend from the US institution I will be visiting. The length of the position is 2 years total. As I understand it there is a...

Tax treaty [ 1 Answers ]

I am a student who just changed my visa from J-2 to F-1. Am I eligible for the $5,000 tax treaty for F-1 student ? Thanks,

US-UK Tax Treaty [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a British citizen, and I've been at Harvard for almost three years. I filed my first two years' federal tax forms as a participant in the US-UK tax treaty, so I was exempt from federal tax. However, since our research was going well, I stayed on longer, for almost another year. Federal...

View more questions Search