Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Anthony Leads Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2019, 12:14 PM
    how to negotiate credit card debt?
    any idea on how I can negotiate my cc debt?

been receiving a lot of charges under my name and I want to lessen nor probably payed it out. however, due to bills, rents, daily living fees, I'm having difficulties paying it.

any tips or tricks that you can share?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 29, 2019, 02:20 PM
    If they are not your charges you must call the credit card company and file a dispute of those charges! That's first and foremost ASAP!

I offer you this very good article to consider also,

https://www.creditkarma.com/advice/i...-card-company/
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 29, 2019, 02:42 PM
    Agreed, if you are getting a lot of charges, stop using the card.

If they are not yours, contest them, order a new card, cancel old one and not pay them.

You can not normally negotiate anything until you are about 3 months behind on payments and they are ready to start legal action. Then you may be able to make a reduced payment amount, if you can pay the entire reduced amount. If not they will just take payments
    michellerenaud Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2019, 08:04 PM
    Here are the stepps:
    Step 1: Understand how much you owe
    Step 2: Explore your options
    Step 3: Understand the risks
    Step 4: Call your credit card company
    Step 5: Get everything in writing
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Being sued for credit card debt by law firm representing credit card company [ 7 Answers ]

Well, its happened. I have received a summons for a credit card debt by law firm. I have to go to the county court house to talk with the clerk... (not sure what will happen,never been sued before)If I don't go within 20 days, they say they will start proceedings to garnishing my wages. I do owe...

Summons for credit card debt, negotiate [ 2 Answers ]

I have been summoned for a defaulted chase credit card debt of 13k. I live in Georgia. Chase sold the debt to the Equable Ascent Financial, LLC Will they negotiate and is there a standard percentage I should offer? My tax man said the banks have received such a boost from recovery that they...

In credit card debt.should I.consolidate?negotiate?eliminate? What is the BEST? [ 1 Answers ]

I am recently divorced and have credit card debts of about $45k. I cannot afford my credit card payments but everything is current by putting myself deeper into debt. It is a cycle I need to STOP! What is the BEST option for me. Online you find debt elimination companies, debt consolidation...

Negotiate Credit Card Settlement ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I have 4 credit cards totaling $ 4800. It is so hard to keep up with payments because I am paying the minimums because its all I can afford. Also, all the cards are just about maxed out, they change due dates, I get late, they added late fees which trigger over the limit fees. I...

Best way to negotiate rates w/ credit card companies? [ 4 Answers ]

A family member is loaning me $20K to pay off part of my $33K credit card debt. The loan will enable me to pay off the balances in full on two of the highest-interest rate cards, and part of the next highest-rate card. I'd love to just call the bastards up & close the accounts as soon as the...

View more questions Search