Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hanamb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2019, 12:07 PM
    Post Depression
    I went through a depressive period for over 6 months, I didn't want to go to therapy and medication was just so strong so I didn't take it, I believe that I'm the only person who can pull myself out of it, but at point (more than a month ago) I talked myself out of it and I'm trying to fight it everyday, I think I'm doing a good job, I try to fight back every negative thought and bad mood, but the only problem I seem to have is lack of focus and concentration and a bad short term memory, also I experience some confusion at times and it bothers me that my mind is distorted and can't acknowledge new info, any thoughts on that ? Do I need more time to heal ? How much time do I need to get back to normal ? And is it possible to do that on my own ?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 29, 2019, 01:54 PM
    You make no reference as to the causes of this period of depression, which is of great importance, but you did seek help by what you have written. let me ask if when you got help didn't you do your part and say what you beleived that the medication is too strong, and explain why? You cannot expect any prescriber to know and help without your honest imput into the matter, so my suggestion is the help you seek must be by your honest and active expression of that help renders, to the one who is helping.

In this way you can properly address your issues and make proper adjustments going forward. If you are not participating them the help is ineffectual. Please express your concerns to your caregiver and provider, and be patient with yourself, so that there is NO TIME LIMIT for healing, and accept maybe you cannot do this on your own.

There is no shame in needing help, but a need to communicate honestly with the helper. That is my suggestion at this time from what you have written. Maybe you need more help and MORE time. Recognize and act accordingly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have Bi polar, more likely to get post-natal depression? [ 3 Answers ]

All threads merged and edited/T Hey guys, I think I'm pregnant and I have bi polar, does this make me more likely to get post-natal depression?

Post break-up depression? [ 2 Answers ]

So the story goes like this... On Christmas Day my boyfriend Jon and I split up; we had been having issues for ages due to him leaving the country to go to Uni... I guess I couldn't handle the thought of him leaving. We had been together for almost 2 years and planning to get engaged, but I...

Post pαrtum depression [ 3 Answers ]

K well I've been going through this it's pretty nαsty αnd I hαte it-- I hide it well like I sαid I tend to "cαndy coαt" reαlity αt times but isn't fαke hαppiness better thαn none? Well my question is: It's been 7 months now shouldn't it be gone by now? Should I go to my doctor? I don't wαnt...

View more questions Search