Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Melissa Hensonn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2019, 04:54 AM
    Divorce in Georgia
    Hello. Guys, I need emergency help! I want to divorce with my husband because I can't stand the bullying. My husband hurts me, takes my money violently, threatens to take the children away. He has his own lawyer, who refuses to execute documents for divorce. I need to do and send them, I can handle the rest. I don't know much about this topic, I got married early. Tell me, what options are possible?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 29, 2019, 08:41 AM
    Do you have a lawyer? If not, get one!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 29, 2019, 09:04 AM
    He has a lawyer and to be real honest, so should you. That makes it a fair fight and yes it is a fight. At least talk to a local process server in your area and get the proper procedure for delivery of court and legal papers.

https://www.serve-now.com/articles/1...process-server
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 29, 2019, 02:43 PM
    He has an attorney, you must have one, or he will just win, take everything get custody and so on.

You hire attorney, they service him papers, and you go from there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Married in fl want divorce in Georgia can I do this [ 1 Answers ]

I got married in Florida and now I live in Georgia. I am seeking a divorce. I do not left him in Florida. Can I file for divorce in Georgia?

Do I need a deposition for an uncontested divorce in the state of Georgia? [ 9 Answers ]

I am trying to get a divorce and I have already filed the paperwork. My estranged husband is currently serving 15 years in prison for Aggravated Assault against me. Would I need to have a deposition for the divorce or would I just need to set up a court date after he has been served in jail?

What is the statute of limitations for divorce in Georgia [ 3 Answers ]

My wife and I have been separated for 8 years. I have no idea where she is at. We have 2 children but neither of us have custody. I haven't seen them for 7 years. How do I go ABOUT GETTING A DIVORCE?

Divorce in Georgia [ 1 Answers ]

Can you run a divorce in the paper and it be legal

View more questions Search