Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jaywray Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2019, 04:39 PM
    Upgrading thermostat to digital.
    The old thermostat only has 2 wires (red,white) and rhe new one has 4 (red,white, green, and yellow) what do i do ?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 29, 2019, 09:58 AM
    No AC? You simply connect your red to red on the stat and white to white and that should be it. The other wires you don't need so remove or cap them (I assume you meant connections and not wires with the new tstat). You also didn't supply the name and model for the new tstat but same principle applies in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMu7L7pVFak

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Upgrading to digital thermostats from analog [ 0 Answers ]

I'm trying to upgrade my heaters to digital thermostats. I've been having tons of issues. I cannot get Honeywell thermostats to work and I learned that Aube might work. I just received the thermostat and it looks like it should work except it says minimum load is 2A and my heater says 1.5A... Will...

Upgrading Thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Honeywell Thermostat and Im changing it for a Hunter programmable (24V) model 44110. I am having some problems with the wiring, on the Honeywell I have a G-green,C-blue,R-red,W1 and Y- yellow together,W2 and E-white together, O-orange. On the Hunter back pannel I have space for a G,RC,RH,Y...

Upgrading thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I am upgrading my thermostat from a trane weathertron(mercury tube) to a digital Honeywell focusPRO th5000 series, and need a wiring diagram for the 2 different thermostats. Is there anyway to get them?

Upgrading to a Hunter Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I'm upgrading from a Janitrol HPT 18-60 thermostat to a Hunter 44110 Thermostat. The wiring for the Janitrol is: Y = Yellow wire G = Green wire R = Red wire O = Orange wire W2 = White wire E = Black wire

Upgrading Digital Thermostat w/ Heat Pump & Gas Aux [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am looking for a recommendation for a new thermostat. I currently have an electric heat pump with gas backup and two-stage blower. The current thermostat is a very basic digital model ( White-Rodgers ) and is working properly, as far as I can tell. It works like this: Heating Mode:...

View more questions Search