Pretty good. You should try it!!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2019, 06:36 AM
    No need
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 14, 2019, 11:22 AM
    Did anyone of you catch the dufus admit to his lies about the Chinese paying the tariffs he imposed? If they are not then where is the money coming from to pay the farmers that are affected by those tariffs?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2019, 11:45 AM
    I caught that. He also said the tax cut for the "middle class"(?) was costing him 3-5 BILLION dollars!!! Of course, he still won't show his tax returns.
    Expert

Aug 14, 2019, 12:46 PM
    How about that right wing loony from Iowa Steve King justifying removing the rape and incest exception from an abortion bill because humanity wouldn't be here without rape and incest. I gotta tell ya, while we holler about AOC, these nut jobs are going over the cliff. I've seen drunks that make more sense.

The dufus has drove them crazier than they ever were.

https://crooksandliars.com/2019/08/s...d-incest-would
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2019, 01:07 PM
    How about that right wing loony from Iowa Steve King justifying removing the rape and incest exception from an abortion bill because humanity wouldn't be here without rape and incest. I gotta tell ya, while we holler about AOC, these nut jobs are going over the cliff. I've seen drunks that make more sense.

The dufus has drove them crazier than they ever were.

https://crooksandliars.com/2019/08/s...d-incest-would
    Thank goodness you get your news for such an imminently neutral website as "Crooks and Liars". I had to laugh at that.

If you listen to the video, I don't think King was seriously trying to suggest that the entire population of the earth is here because of rape and incest. But I guess it would be much better if he agreed with virtually all democrats that abortion should be legal for any and all reasons, including gender and race selection, and should be legal all the way up until the moment of birth, and with some democrats, even for some period of time after the child is born. Yes, that would be a much more sensible position.
    Expert

Aug 14, 2019, 02:22 PM
    If you check that was but one source derived from several sources reporting the same thing. It was a stupid argument you cannot defend and another example how you alt right thumpers try to subvert the system. You want to build your coalition on the social issues that's fine but just as you have done brought our most extreme left ideas practiced by a few so I have highlighted the right extremes utterances also. Most of us pro or con is more moderately in the middle and just as you hate to be broad brushed and pigeon holed with ultra extreme ideas and antics, so do us sensible moderates.

A loony is a loony, right or left to me, so at least act like you know the difference. Should we be debating the merits of rounding up supposedly illegal migrants at work in your area and the place is still open for business?
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2019, 02:33 PM
    If you check that was but one source derived from several sources.
    Yes, but it was the one you chose to link. At any rate, I listened to the video rather than trust your ultra left wing site.

Should we be debating the merits of rounding up supposedly illegal migrants at work in your area and the place is still open for business?
    Why do you think they are "supposedly" illegal? If they are here illegally, then they are illegal. End of story. As to the plants, they did reopen but with only a small workforce and at a much reduced rate. I wonder how many healthy people there are living around those plants who are getting welfare and doing nothing? Why not put them to work?
    Expert

Aug 14, 2019, 05:06 PM
    They had to release hundreds until they can be processed, but my point was that shouldn't the owners be held accountable for hiring illegals, and minors?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/after-6...ay-2019-08-08/

Is CBS a left wing organization? Wonder why the state welfare authority never tried to get those lazy Ms. welfare people jobs at those plants that have been there for decades.

I intentionally used the left wing source that got it from the mainstream reporting.
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2019, 06:28 PM
    They had to release hundreds until they can be processed, but my point was that shouldn't the owners be held accountable for hiring illegals, and minors?
    I think that's a good point.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/after-6...ay-2019-08-08/

Is CBS a left wing organization? Wonder why the state welfare authority never tried to get those lazy Ms. welfare people jobs at those plants that have been there for decades.
    A good question.
    Expert

Aug 14, 2019, 06:36 PM
    Here's another one to think about. While the dufus gets everyone riled up about the brown invasion, he and Moscow Mitch have been lifting sanctions and allowing Russian business to invest in America, specifically in Kentucky, but are planning to expand into 8 other states with poor regions of the country.

What's wrong with that picture.
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2019, 07:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Here's another one to think about. While the dufus gets everyone riled up about the brown invasion, he and Moscow Mitch have been lifting sanctions and allowing Russian business to invest in America, specifically in Kentucky, but are planning to expand into 8 other states with poor regions of the country.

What's wrong with that picture.
    Actually, not much, investment is investment. You have the ability to prevent subversion, so all you really need to do is make sure there is reciprocal investment
    Expert

Aug 15, 2019, 04:11 AM
    Would you let mobsters, criminals and dictators invest in your businesses? Of course you wouldn't. You know how that ends once you let them get a foot in the door. with a 40% ownership stake. They have already threatened to nix the deal if any kind of review is done of the particulars. That's not a good sign that everything is above board. I mean common sense here. A deal that the dufus and Moscow Mitch put together without purview of the congress with an adversary? I ask again what's wrong with that picture?

So NO investments are not just investments.
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2019, 06:24 AM
    Kind of like HC allowing the sale of uranium assets in the U.S. to Russia???
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2019, 06:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    The capitalists are complaining about capitalism. America for the americans, I'm all for it
    Expert

Aug 15, 2019, 07:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Unlike this deal, the uranium deal went through the proper process. Look it up.
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2019, 08:01 AM
    Unlike this deal, the uranium deal went through the proper process. Look it up.
    What was improper about it? CNN seemed to describe it as being done according to law.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/15/busin...ill/index.html
    Expert

Aug 15, 2019, 09:20 AM
    More to the story

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...e39_story.html

With strong Republican support, the House on Jan. 14 overwhelmingly rejected the administration plan to lift sanctions, 362 to 53. But the effort failed in the Senate, thanks in part to McConnell and strong lobbying efforts.
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2019, 11:49 AM
    So like I said, it was done legally. You might disagree with it, but it was not illegal. Besides that, the Russkies are now minority owners of a large aluminum mill in KY employing a lot of Americans. So far I have not seen the down side.
    Expert

Aug 15, 2019, 01:31 PM
    If you say so. We'll see.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Self harm [ 3 Answers ]

How can I stop cutting? And burning myself??

Self harm [ 4 Answers ]

I cut myself I have been doing it 4 about a year. At first it was just little cuts on my leg but then I started cutting my arm and being very unhappy. My friends started to notic and call me an emo and sh*t they were just kiddin round but in made me more unhappy. I really want to stop I kinder...

View more questions Search