Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 5, 2019, 09:33 AM
    I'll say it again there are good parts doing great in every big city, and their are the not so good parts where the poor folks are. Baltimore is no different despite you and the dufus trying to broad brush the whole city as a dump. I mean millionaires live their too and send them to great schools so cut the crap. Been there seen it, and why follow the dufus example of blasting the bad, and ignore the rest?

That's LOONY and deceptive by you conservatives. That's why you have few minorities among you. None in the house, one in the senate.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2019, 08:40 PM
    Trump, a bluff called
    this is what happens when you bluff in poker, someone calls your bluff. but what if you are not playing poker, you are playing economic bluff?

if China were a capitalist economy the bluff might have worked, but China is a controlled economy. so Trump played his high stakes game and he is about to lose, the US may be a trading partner but China has many other trading partners so loss of US business hurts but it doesn't kill the economy. China has yet to play the next card, which is sell off the US junk bonds it has invested in and kill the US bond market. This is what happens when you allow a man with no economic credentials to call the shots. The Trump crash of 2019
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2019, 03:31 AM
    That's LOONY and deceptive by you conservatives.
    The school system is doing badly, violent crime is very high, and the city has lost about 300,000 in population over the past few decades, yet you seem to think the place is great. So you think I'm the one who is being "loony and deceptive"?
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2019, 04:20 AM
    This is what happens when you allow a man with no economic credentials to call the shots.
    No offense intended, but you are basically asking us to trust YOUR economic credentials. What are they?
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2019, 05:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    No offense intended, but you are basically asking us to trust YOUR economic credentials. What are they?
    Several economics studies are part of my degree as well as a micro economic study of rural electric distribution and numerous feasibility studies. So let's throw in a couple of fellowships and you can lay your economic cards on the table
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2019, 06:39 AM
    Several economics studies are part of my degree as well as a micro economic study of rural electric distribution and numerous feasibility studies. So let's throw in a couple of fellowships and you can lay your economic cards on the table
    Don't have any and don't claim to have any. You, from the sound of it, have taken a few courses in economics and made a study or two. Trump, on the other hand, has put together a business worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Again, no offense intended, but to compare the two of you, you have studied some economics, and he has actually put it into practice with great success. And yet you want to refer to him as a man with "no economic credentials". That's kind of funny since he does have a degree in economics.

Now you might be right concerning his handling of China. I don't know, but to suggest he has no economic credentials is just not correct.
    Expert

Aug 6, 2019, 09:42 AM
    I find it fascinating you call for credentials to verify believability, while having none of your own, and often disagree and blast others for differing perspectives. I'll remember that when we debate tax cuts, less revenue, and stealing from the poor, since I know you hate the gubmint taking YOUR money and giving to someone you say doesn't deserve it, but are okay with having YO' money go into the pockets of the dufus and his friends while you pay for stuff we all need.

Clete points about this trade war is spot on and I agree for the reasons given.

I don't know, but to suggest he has no economic credentials is just not correct.

You don't know how he makes his money, just what he tells you about. You know he LIES, CHEATS, and STEALS for sure, and YOU have never asked him to verify HIS credentials. Dope dealers and criminals are rich too.
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2019, 10:23 AM
    I find it fascinating you call for credentials to verify believability, while having none of your own, and often disagree and blast others for differing perspectives. I'll remember that when we debate tax cuts, less revenue, and stealing from the poor, since I know you hate the gubmint taking YOUR money and giving to someone you say doesn't deserve it, but are okay with having YO' money go into the pockets of the dufus and his friends while you pay for stuff we all need.
    If you would bother to read Clete's comment, which is what I was responding to, he alleged Trump had no credentials in economy, so I was pointing out that, in truth, Trump's credentials were a good bit better than Clete's. I have never claimed to have any thing other than an opinion in economics, so I'm not going to disagree with Trump and then claim he has no economic credentials. That is simply not true.

You don't know how he makes his money, just what he tells you about. You know he LIES, CHEATS, and STEALS for sure, and YOU have never asked him to verify HIS credentials. Dope dealers and criminals are rich too.
    Well, I know he built a multi-billionaire company. I know you haven't, I haven't, and Clete hasn't, so I am willing to give him so credit for that. You hate him too much to give him credit for anything, and instead you accuse him of criminal activity which I think is unfortunate.
    Expert

Aug 6, 2019, 11:31 AM
    Bilking contractors, and consumers, as well as padding his billing accounts, as well as his famous not renting to blacks are such admirable qualities and business practices. I don't have to hate the person so much as hating what he does and how he does it.
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2019, 12:07 PM
    Bilking contractors, and consumers, as well as padding his billing accounts, as well as his famous not renting to blacks are such admirable qualities and business practices. I don't have to hate the person so much as hating what he does and how he does it.
    If it makes you feel better. I'm sure that her sterling character is why you voted for HC.
    Expert

Aug 6, 2019, 12:56 PM
    How many times have I heard that? How do you hold your nose and fold your arms at the same time? I have to go cut my toenails, let me know when you are back to 2019, from your good old days ruminations.
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2019, 01:02 PM
    How many times have I heard that? How do you hold your nose and fold your arms at the same time? I have to go cut my toenails, let me know when you are back to 2019, from your good old days ruminations.
    I just like to point out to the Holy Joes that they have no room to talk when it comes to character. I'll take a vibrant, healthy economy with Trump over stagnation with HC any day of the week. It makes holding my nose a lot more tolerable.
    Expert

Aug 6, 2019, 02:32 PM
    If that makes you feel better, but by that metric you can't talk either, since you have no evidence whatsoever that an HC economy would be stagnated. You like to speculate to make stuff up.

How come Ms hasn't caught that vibrant economy yet?
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2019, 02:57 PM
    If that makes you feel better, but by that metric you can't talk either, since you have no evidence whatsoever that an HC economy would be stagnated. You like to speculate to make stuff up.
    Fair enough.

How come Ms hasn't caught that vibrant economy yet?
    Unemployment is 5%. Sounds pretty good to me. Could be better, but certainly better than the Obama years.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2019, 03:01 PM
    if China were a capitalist economy the bluff might have worked, but China is a controlled economy. so Trump played his high stakes game and he is about to lose, the US may be a trading partner but China has many other trading partners so loss of US business hurts but it doesn't kill the economy. China has yet to play the next card, which is sell off the US junk bonds it has invested in and kill the US bond market. This is what happens when you allow a man with no economic credentials to call the shots. The Trump crash of 2019
    The falacy here is the assumption that China and US are trading partners and not competitors . I don't mind what he is doing with China. But he should be up front to the US people what is at stake . He's asking us to do the equivalent of going into economic war footing . China will not sell off it's US debt holding because they have no better place to put their capital . That was one of the reasons I cited for the benefits of having a trade deficit with a nation. We bought their goods and paid for it with fiat currency . They are holding on to that and have no place to reinvest it except right back in the US.

Trump is trying to get them back to the table . But it is their economy in peril ,not ours . Yes this can cause pain and if his base doesn't understand it he is taking political risks .
    But
    China is financing continued cheap exports on the backs of it’s citizens now, who are about to get smashed with hyperinflation due to the devaluation .So let's see who blinks first .
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2019, 03:05 PM
    If you would bother to read Clete's comment, which is what I was responding to, he alleged Trump had no credentials in economy, so I was pointing out that, in truth, Trump's credentials were a good bit better than Clete's. I have never claimed to have any thing other than an opinion in economics, so I'm not going to disagree with Trump and then claim he has no economic credentials. That is simply not true.

Well, I know he built a multi-billionaire company. I know you haven't, I haven't, and Clete hasn't, so I am willing to give him so credit for that. You hate him too much to give him credit for anything, and instead you accuse him of criminal activity which I think is unfortunate.
    You know, you are full of it and you know nothing about me and what I have achieved in life and I don't have to justify mysself to you. My qualifications in economic as are at least as good as Trump's and from a practical standpoint far exceed his. He has demonstrated little understanding and has relied entirely on bravado and B/S. You want to brown nose for him, go ahead, but I won't give him a pass for being destructive
    Expert

Aug 6, 2019, 03:39 PM
    Unemployment is 5%. Sounds pretty good to me. Could be better, but certainly better than the Obama years.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjo.../#7a62e1e81af3

Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The falacy here is the assumption that China and US are trading partners and not competitors . I don't mind what he is doing with China. But he should be up front to the US people what is at stake . He's asking us to do the equivalent of going into economic war footing . China will not sell off it's US debt holding because they have no better place to put their capital . That was one of the reasons I cited for the benefits of having a trade deficit with a nation. We bought their goods and paid for it with fiat currency . They are holding on to that and have no place to reinvest it except right back in the US.

Trump is trying to get them back to the table . But it is their economy in peril ,not ours . Yes this can cause pain and if his base doesn't understand it he is taking political risks .
    But
    China is financing continued cheap exports on the backs of it’s citizens now, who are about to get smashed with hyperinflation due to the devaluation .So let's see who blinks first .
    Beats bombs and blood and guts but may be a long hard slog.
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2019, 06:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post

Beats bombs and blood and guts but may be a long hard slog.
    What Trump has done is destabilise major trade relationships, and for what purpose? China and America are hardly economic rivals but they are political rivals. If Trump hopes to block other trading partners of China to American advantage he lacks understanding. China has more than a billion people to look after and millions to lift out of poverty. Their focus is largely inward and their actions for local consumption.

Noone but Trump speaks of bombs and blood and guts. America should remember that the last time they met China on the battleground it was a stalemate despite America's firepower and economic advantage. If Trump wants to have cheap labour industries in America he only has to open the borders. You see I see basic flaws in his thinking and this is because it is based on B/S
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2019, 07:33 PM
    You know, you are full of it and you know nothing about me and what I have achieved in life and I don't have to justify mysself to you. My qualifications in economic as are at least as good as Trump's and from a practical standpoint far exceed his. He has demonstrated little understanding and has relied entirely on bravado and B/S. You want to brown nose for him, go ahead, but I won't give him a pass for being destructive
    Good grief. You are so sensitive! I was not being critical of you. Yeah, I don't know much about you, so that's why I asked.

But when you say that from a practical standpoint your credentials far exceed his, you make me laugh out loud. So you've built a multinational business worth hundreds of millions of dollars? Wow. What a preposterous statement. And I doubt that you have any more than a slight idea of what he has relied on.

I'm not a Trump supporter, but I do appreciate the truth.
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2019, 07:39 PM
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjo.../#7a62e1e81af3

Did they mention that Obama had the weakest recovery from a recession in postwar history, with not a single quarter of GDP growth above 3%?

"This result is not just bad, it is catastrophic. The average American should not be wondering if his or her income is a bit above or below 2007 levels. Just by historical averages, the average American should be 20% better off than in 2007. And this slow growth is settling in as a permanent new-abnormal."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rexsinq.../#335023f4cb0e

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Self harm [ 3 Answers ]

How can I stop cutting? And burning myself??

Self harm [ 4 Answers ]

I cut myself I have been doing it 4 about a year. At first it was just little cuts on my leg but then I started cutting my arm and being very unhappy. My friends started to notic and call me an emo and sh*t they were just kiddin round but in made me more unhappy. I really want to stop I kinder...

View more questions Search